RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

I've donated in the past and USED to be a beta tester

I have never heard of them letting people beta test just because they donated. Also, I have been in this scene for years now, and have never heard of you. So, considering my knowledge, I would say that you are saying that to say that. ;) Could be wrong, but seriously doubt I am.

I have never heard of them letting people beta test just because they donated. Also, I have been in this scene for years now, and have never heard of you. So, considering my knowledge, I would say that you are saying that to say that. ;) Could be wrong, but seriously doubt I am.

You're definitely wrong, take a look at the last version of FSD in the 'about' screen and you'll see ^Wulfgar^ listed, that my dear man is me.  I've been around the scene for a LOT longer than you probably, I was in the IRC channel when it was first created ;)

You're definitely wrong, take a look at the last version of FSD in the 'about' screen and you'll see ^Wulfgar^ listed, that my dear man is me.  I've been around the scene for a LOT longer than you probably, I was in the IRC channel when it was first created ;)

That was the FSD days, not Aurora ;)

That was the FSD days, not Aurora ;)

yes, yes it was, never said it was Aurora days, just saying that I 'was' a beta tester and that yes, donations ARE nice, but they don't really speed up the process ;)

I stand corrected. I was looking at aurora, and not fsd, and since they credited you under a different name, then you use on here, it is easy to understand my mistake. lol.

• Like 1

I just think setting up a list of pledgers that want to contribute 5 dollars or more a month for 12 months would be an amazing way to get the scene lifted again. I have a retail shop and i pitch RGH's all the time to my customers and I have benefited greatly by RMS, Xbox360Iso, Unity.net, and all the rest of the 360 modscene community. And benefited monetarily, and I know im not the only person out here thats doing this. So if we could just give back a little bit every month the moderators wouldnt help but notice and start putting more time into this thing. Until they exploit the xbox one or get more than just linux running on the PS4 this is where the console mod scene is at. so why not make the best of it now so that it can be like the xbox1 is today 10 years down the line.... i mean common they are still releasing updates for xbmc! imagine aurora 3.6 or something! with the emulation capabilities that the original has.... its sad i still have to tell people that the original xbox is a better emulation console than the 360.. thats just not right. lol plus wheres the showbox homebrew app for rgh consoles? I think that video streaming is overdue for the rgh/jtag and can be achieved if the ones that know how to do it were getting paid what they are worth. plus wheres the guy thats making these emulators like snes360 and genesis360 he deserves a hookup to!

• Like 3

I just think setting up a list of pledgers that want to contribute 5 dollars or more a month for 12 months would be an amazing way to get the scene lifted again. I have a retail shop and i pitch RGH's all the time to my customers and I have benefited greatly by RMS, Xbox360Iso, Unity.net, and all the rest of the 360 modscene community. And benefited monetarily, and I know im not the only person out here thats doing this. So if we could just give back a little bit every month the moderators wouldnt help but notice and start putting more time into this thing. Until they exploit the xbox one or get more than just linux running on the PS4 this is where the console mod scene is at. so why not make the best of it now so that it can be like the xbox1 is today 10 years down the line.... i mean common they are still releasing updates for xbmc! imagine aurora 3.6 or something! with the emulation capabilities that the original has.... its sad i still have to tell people that the original xbox is a better emulation console than the 360.. thats just not right. lol plus wheres the showbox homebrew app for rgh consoles? I think that video streaming is overdue for the rgh/jtag and can be achieved if the ones that know how to do it were getting paid what they are worth. plus wheres the guy thats making these emulators like snes360 and genesis360 he deserves a hookup to!

you run a RETAIL shop and push piracy?  Isn't that kind of illegal?  And I'd hate to guess how you benefit monetarily from all this :\

you run a RETAIL shop and push piracy?  Isn't that kind of illegal?  And I'd hate to guess how you benefit monetarily from all this :\

RGH/JTAG isn't all piracy tho is it? it's a side effect really, if he pitch it like you can play your games from HDD, play games from any region and run emulators, there's no actual piracy involved (technically, running from HDD is... but... depends on how you do it exactly...)

RGH/JTAG isn't all piracy tho is it? it's a side effect really, if he pitch it like you can play your games from HDD, play games from any region and run emulators, there's no actual piracy involved (technically, running from HDD is... but... depends on how you do it exactly...)

yes, if you're backing up your legally purchased copies, but even that is a grey area, and really, how many JTAG/RGH owners do you know that want it just for games from other regions and emulators? ;)

yes, if you're backing up your legally purchased copies, but even that is a grey area, and really, how many JTAG/RGH owners do you know that want it just for games from other regions and emulators? ;)

Actually there are a lot, I always tell my customers that its for backup purposes not for piracy. The piracy part is a part of it but we as a business do not condone nor provide services that involve the download of copywrited games outside of making a backup of the original copy thats already owned. Its not gray its black and white, Don't Pirate Games. we make it clear and thats what makes it ok for us to mod consoles in a shop. Heres a commercial of rgh/jtag I made to show customers what it does, notice the verbiage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkY5MBcybjo

Actually there are a lot, I always tell my customers that its for backup purposes not for piracy. The piracy part is a part of it but we as a business do not condone nor provide services that involve the download of copywrited games outside of making a backup of the original copy thats already owned. Its not gray its black and white, Don't Pirate Games. we make it clear and thats what makes it ok for us to mod consoles in a shop. Heres a commercial of rgh/jtag I made to show customers what it does, notice the verbiage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkY5MBcybjo

I believe the 'grey' area that swizzy was referring to is the backing up of commercial discs.

It is a grey zone because in some countries it's illegal while in others it's perfectly legal to make copies for personal use (to preserve the original)

Another reason it's grey is because you enable it, whether you like it or not

You need a new KV... and it has nothing to do with your IP...

Do you know how can i change to a new KV? is there a link here that will redirect me to a tutorial on how i can renew my KV?

Do you know how can i change to a new KV? is there a link here that will redirect me to a tutorial on how i can renew my KV?

Yes, i do know, but i'm not going to tell you because it's not useful without going on XBL which we don't exactly support on this forum

Yes, i do know, but i'm not going to tell you because it's not useful without going on XBL which we don't exactly support on this forum

Sad. I hope i can find a way for myself so that i can do it myself. I just need enough resources..

Sad. I hope i can find a way for myself so that i can do it myself. I just need enough resources..

DONT GO ONLINE ON LIVE...first thing its not worth it ...second you will get insta-ban..third waste of real hard earned money...fourth instead play on LiNK its free and fun...isnt that what most of us neeed..
  • Like 2

DONT GO ONLINE ON LIVE...first thing its not worth it ...second you will get insta-ban..third waste of real hard earned money...fourth instead play on LiNK its free and fun...isnt that what most of us neeed..

But whatever i do, i cant play online. and also my upnp verification always fail. coz my router doesnt have upnp.

But whatever i do, i cant play online. and also my upnp verification always fail. coz my router doesnt have upnp.

UPNP isn't required, if that check fails it's no big deal... does the other tests also fail?

In germany you are allowed to make a copy from any disk you want but only
IF the source was legally owned AND only for private use!

I had one time trouble with the police because I downloaded via ED2K (pls, don't use this) a game which was broken in my case.

It took couple months until they were able to verify that I was the legal owner of my game (Hitman 2 Silent Assassin) and everything else...
So, lucky for me ^^

• Like 1

Second biggest? what's the biggest?

For me the work you guys do its the biggest, the second and third all your code and apps  :ninja:

In germany you are allowed to make a copy from any disk you want but only

IF the source was legally owned AND only for private use!

I had one time trouble with the police because I downloaded via ED2K (pls, don't use this) a game which was broken in my case.

It took couple months until they were able to verify that I was the legal owner of my game (Hitman 2 Silent Assassin) and everything else...

So, lucky for me ^^

In my country its illegal to copy anything but no body do something about you can copy music, movies, games and software and sell it in the door of the police station, even the policy agents buy you music and movies lol

• Like 2

In my country its illegal to copy anything but no body do something about you can copy music, movies, games and software and sell it in the door of the police station, even the policy agents buy you music and movies lol

LMAO which country?! Sweden?

Transmitted by Elephone P3000s

Guatemala... but Sweden is pretty similar, all except for the part where you can buy copies on the street etc.

Guatemala... but Sweden is pretty similar, all except for the part where you can buy copies on the street etc.

The US is pretty similar also. They always say they are going to fine you, and occasionally some people do get in trouble for it, but for the most part, no one seems to care. I used to know a Mexican icecream man in so cal who sold bootleg DVDs and games while delivering ice cream, and advertised it on their cart. lol. funniest thing I ever saw was the ice cream man selling Cam Videos. lol ;) But in all seriousness it is illegal in this country, and if you get caught(big if), you are looking at serious fines, and possibly jail time. 

• Like 1

Guatemala!

I would try to take a picture of the guys selling stuff in the front of the police station that's very funny

• Like 4