RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

I noticed that no option exists to move the games as FSD:

I would like to manually move a xbox 360 game in Homebrew, but I do not know if you can do

I noticed that no option exists to move the games as FSD:

I would like to manually move a xbox 360 game in Homebrew, but I do not know if you can do

There isn't a way to do that at this time, even so, it's not as easy as it was in FSD, FSD had a very limited span of filters/categories while in Aurora there isn't really a limit...

However, with 0.6B there is the possibility of making a Utility Script that can modify the game information in the database, effectively moving it around for the various filters...

There will be option to copy original discs like fsd ?

There will be the possibility of making a Utility Script which can extract games similarly to what FSD did...

There will be the possibility of making a Utility Script which can extract games similarly to what FSD did...

correct me if I'm wrong, but then with the utility scripts, you can also create something that regulates the fan speed? or maybe it would be nice to create a script to make our avatar visible? maybe I'm wrong, but since he or understood these scripts have great potential for doing these things?

correct me if I'm wrong, but then with the utility scripts, you can also create something that regulates the fan speed? or maybe it would be nice to create a script to make our avatar visible? maybe I'm wrong, but since he or understood these scripts have great potential for doing these things?

I don't remember all libraries at the top of my head, but if memory serves me right, we do have fanspeed override in them, it's a really bad idea to set a static fanspeed tho, you should really just adjust the target temperatures as the console then tries to regulate the fanspeed to keep it at those temperatures... which is way better, setting the fan to 100% will make it stop working much faster then it would otherwise...

and this list of aurora 0.6 upgrade ?

or still take a long time ?

It's still in testing... be patient...

*hust* not possible for doing a small closed beta testing?

Transmitted by Elephone P3000s

It would be nice to have a beta testers and open betas but chances are slim that, that will happen

Im so impatient xD
I am one of these who no update the dashboard to the new format for title updates and that stuff, it would be needed to do for this new release?

I mean, i update my dashboard like about 2 years ago, but i dont update because i dont like do this tipe of things, and i got no troubles with new games and dlc at the moment, i heard that new dashboard version use other type of format for usb or some like that, my question is, for this version of aurora i need to update my dash to this new format for get appear my tu or dlc in aurora 0.6b or no problem to have the old dash
My dashboard is 16747

Bad english xd

Im so impatient xD

I am one of these who no update the dashboard to the new format for title updates and that stuff, it would be needed to do for this new release?

I mean, i update my dashboard like about 2 years ago, but i dont update because i dont like do this tipe of things, and i got no troubles with new games and dlc at the moment, i heard that new dashboard version use other type of format for usb or some like that, my question is, for this version of aurora i need to update my dash to this new format for get appear my tu or dlc in aurora 0.6b or no problem to have the old dash

My dashboard is 16747

Bad english xd

Your dash should still work with 0.6b

Next Version maybe new skin format (like support the old xzp-archive but also the 'new' better xyz-reason zip-archive?)

Rly... i don't like it to have more tools ony my pc just for unpacking and decompressing and xyz...

Next Version maybe new skin format (like support the old xzp-archive but also the 'new' better xyz-reason zip-archive?)

Rly... i don't like it to have more tools ony my pc just for unpacking and decompressing and xyz...

What exactly are you trying to say? we only use XZP for skins... there's also support for extracted skins...

They use that format because it is standard on the xbox 360. It would be more work to use another format, and the benifits would be benign. I dont think it would be overly hard to add zip, as most emulators support it for roms, but probably not high on the prioraty list.

What exactly are you trying to say? we only use XZP for skins... there's also support for extracted skins...

Oh... didn't knew that before ^^

I prefer working with zips because it's clean, you know where and whats inside, you can better sha512 or sha256 them, share them better... ZIP for the win ^^

Oh... didn't knew that before ^^

I prefer working with zips because it's clean, you know where and whats inside, you can better sha512 or sha256 them, share them better... ZIP for the win ^^

Sha256/512 are just hash algo's, you should get a room with zip... xzp is also clean, the difference between zip and xzp is that xzp doesn't have compression and extra crap... xzp is a filetable and data, that's it... easy and simple to manage, you just have a small amount of programs that support it contra zip which have a shitload of them...

xzp is just as easy to share as zip tbh, the difference is that it's bigger due to no compression

Sent from my SM-G903F

Sha256/512 are just hash algo's, you should get a room with zip... xzp is also clean, the difference between zip and xzp is that xzp doesn't have compression and extra crap... xzp is a filetable and data, that's it... easy and simple to manage, you just have a small amount of programs that support it contra zip which have a shitload of them...

xzp is just as easy to share as zip tbh, the difference is that it's bigger due to no compression

Sent from my SM-G903F

And you can't manage it anywhere like smartphone, linux, ... ^^

But anyway, why did you choosed xzp? Ok, zip and their compression-types, dicts-types, ... can cause headaches but... so difficult?

And you can't manage it anywhere like smartphone, linux, ... ^^

But anyway, why did you choosed xzp? Ok, zip and their compression-types, dicts-types, ... can cause headaches but... so difficult?

Xzp is like gavin said a format made by microsoft, we didn't add support for it or anything like that, it's natively supported by the XUI libraries

Sent from my SM-G903F

Why aurora doesn't search in all folders for example I put my games in Xbox 360 games folder and there is another folder inside it like arcade games it doesn't search for them ?

Why aurora doesn't search in all folders for example I put my games in Xbox 360 games folder and there is another folder inside it like arcade games it doesn't search for them ?

Did you set the depth properly?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Why should it do so? You can name a folder XY and it can contain arcade or homebrew stuff, all configuration choice is yours.

You can concatenate every kind of folders, but why would you do if these are for structure?

Besides, this brought me a feature idea to aurora for noobs, maybe Aurora should Create Standard Folders with Path in first installation or try to find for certain folder patterns like Xbox360 so Aurora automatically sets a correct Path to that. I dunno, maybe nice to have if you look for extra bonus features for userfriendliness.

Besides, this brought me a feature idea to aurora for noobs, maybe Aurora should Create Standard Folders with Path in first installation or try to find for certain folder patterns like Xbox360 so Aurora automatically sets a correct Path to that. I dunno, maybe nice to have if you look for extra bonus features for userfriendliness.

That might be problematic since (I think) Aurora runs best on internal and many/most people store their games on the external. Maybe if it was an option during setup, like:

1. Select this if your games will be installed on internal hdd
  2. Select this if your games will be installed on USB0
  3. Select this if you would like to manually set the path

Then maybe Aurora could create those paths for either of the first two options, or you could manually enter them in if you have a custom path. Might be more hassle than it's worth though, since most people's games are already installed where they want them. Also, since there's no installer for Aurora yet, it would have to be a config option, or a utility script in 0.6b (or later). Good idea though.

• Like 1

The scan path and depth settings works fine as it is for 99.9% of people. Why complicate things for the few who don't take the time to look at the settings properly?

• Like 1

Did you set the depth properly?

Sent from my SM-G903F

What do you mean I try to set depth 5 didn't work I set it to infinite didn't work its only take one xex file from every folder