RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

Just saying, but I could easily compare Aurora to iOS too. Simplicity is a feature when executed correctly, and I personally believe both Aurora and iOS nail it. Only difference is, I have to jailbreak iOS to customize it.

I know I'm really going off topic here, but both iOS and OSX are much more than how they appear on the surface. Until you play with the filesystem and system files, you've never truly explored an operating system.

Same applies to Aurora vs. FSD.. Aurora is more customizable, especially after 0.6 comes out..

And i will prove my point, that people really dont read..

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5335-skin-darkened-red/

There is a skin with menu sound.. if you like the song thats cool, if not.. it is really easy to change it ;-)

I've made a couple of them.. even made a couple of video tuts on making the skins.. just never made a tut on changing the song.. but again.. it really is simple to change it..

Just because the default skin doesnt contain certain things, doesnt mean it isnt possible.. lol

Oh, sry ^^

Forgotten to tell that it's possible, even if I have on with Star Wars...

I was so fixxed to try to explain that sound isn't everything, sry sry sry...

It will be great if you can put an option, in order to set the fan speed. My xbox, heats like a oven.... ha ha ha

You can do it with dash launch, just go to config option and configure the fan speed

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree with you, it will be great

It will be great if you can put an option, in order to set the fan speed. My xbox, heats like a oven.... ha ha ha

You can do it with dash launch, just go to config option and configure the fan speed

Better set as "Target Temperature" eta 55°C and let the xbox to the rest for ya

Don't forget to save at the end ;)

We've already said no to this request so many times that it's started pissing us off when people still ask for it, every single f*ing release there's atleast one guy/girl asking for it, despite being told we're NOT going to add it

i was hope you add one more button to aurora>>>>>>extract dvd button like fsd its very very important cuz we have just tired using file manger cuz its not easy like a button to do that to copy files from cd so please please..........i was wait that button for 5 months but no one care :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

i was hope you add one more button to aurora>>>>>>extract dvd button like fsd its very very important cuz we have just tired using file manger cuz its not easy like a button to do that to copy files from cd so please please..........i was wait that button for 5 months but no one care :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Actually you should be able to write up a script that allows you to in 0.6.. (this is going off of what someone said about the weather thingy).. plz dont say something like "no one cares" or something..
  • Like 2

We've already said no to this request so many times that it's started pissing us off when people still ask for it, every single f*ing release there's atleast one guy/girl asking for it, despite being told we're NOT going to add it

Ok. I dont know that you already take this decision. But should I know that you take this decision???? Im not a soothsayer. 

This thread exist in order to the users, tell what features they think can be usefull. Or not?

i was hope you add one more button to aurora>>>>>>extract dvd button like fsd its very very important cuz we have just tired using file manger cuz its not easy like a button to do that to copy files from cd so please please..........i was wait that button for 5 months but no one care :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

We do care, it's just... not high on the priority list, and if nobody say anything, we might not implement things...

Ok. I dont know that you already take this decision. But should I know that you take this decision???? Im not a soothsayer. 

This thread exist in order to the users, tell what features they think can be usefull. Or not?

This one thread is meant to show off some of what we're working on... Suggestions should go here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/60-requests-and-suggestions/ even so, if you had bothered to read previous discussions, you'd know about the decision we made already, i'm pretty sure this particular thread also have this very question earlier... but, like most... you only read a the first post and possibly the latest, you don't read much more then that... and you don't use the search function either (or perhaps you don't know how to use it?)

We do care, it's just... not high on the priority list, and if nobody say anything, we might not implement things...

This one thread is meant to show off some of what we're working on... Suggestions should go here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/60-requests-and-suggestions/ even so, if you had bothered to read previous discussions, you'd know about the decision we made already, i'm pretty sure this particular thread also have this very question earlier... but, like most... you only read a the first post and possibly the latest, you don't read much more then that... and you don't use the search function either (or perhaps you don't know how to use it?)

I m reading this thread from october of the past year, and never see my suggestion yet. I dont want to botter you. Bye.

I m reading this thread from october of the past year, and never see my suggestion yet. I dont want to botter you. Bye.

Maybe this thread doesn't have it, but it's been discussed many times before, also in previous release threads AND the suggestions subforum

Sent from my SM-G903F

Just leave a copy of FSD on the HD and use filemanager to boot FSD, Extract your DVD from there and use guide button to reboot to Aurora, its not that complicating  to do, I left FSD on my HD even tho I don't use it anymore, it makes it easier to find the Title ID's when I need to see them. although I set Aurora as my default dash.

Here is an idea, that would make everyone happy on this front. Add an easy adjust of dashlaunch target temps to the UI of aurora. Then people can set their target temps in aurora. So instead of it being fan speed, you can change target temps easily, and you could then control what the hi's and lows should be in aurora. Every body wins, the annoying wont read whats been posted, and wont come up with better ideas then fan speed people, and the developers who want people to use smarter options, that are already available by changing an ini file.

• Like 2

Here is an idea, that would make everyone happy on this front. Add an easy adjust of dashlaunch target temps to the UI of aurora. Then people can set their target temps in aurora. So instead of it being fan speed, you can change target temps easily, and you could then control what the hi's and lows should be in aurora. Every body wins, the annoying wont read whats been posted, and wont come up with better ideas then fan speed people, and the developers who want people to use smarter options, that are already available by changing an ini file.

I'll let you all in on a small little secret... Aurora's scripting... it'll have lot's of fun stuff, even things that may cause damage to your console if not used carefully (we've therefor implemented a way for you to know what libraries said script request access to, atleast for those which have potential for security or system damage)

Just leave a copy of FSD on the HD and use filemanager to boot FSD, Extract your DVD from there and use guide button to reboot to Aurora, its not that complicating  to do, I left FSD on my HD even tho I don't use it anymore, it makes it easier to find the Title ID's when I need to see them. although I set Aurora as my default dash.

Why you no use Metro/NXE for installing the disk properly and then use NXE2GOD? Simple and save...

Why you no use Metro/NXE for installing the disk properly and then use NXE2GOD? Simple and save...

He's wanting to extract discs to the HD, stock dash (NXE) does not have a way to extract. Only certain games require a "install" (ex: GTA5), to my knowledge the only ways are file manager (which he doesn't like doing that way) or using the DVD extract like FSD has. He is just wanting a way to do it in Aurora which doesn't have it.. I've seen certain skins have it, why someone hasn't created just a plain homebrew app that you can boot and extract DVD's is beyond me (unless there is one), that way these guys wouldn't have to implement the feature every time a new dash comes out

He's wanting to extract discs to the HD, stock dash (NXE) does not have a way to extract. Only certain games require a "install" (ex: GTA5), to my knowledge the only ways are file manager (which he doesn't like doing that way) or using the DVD extract like FSD has. He is just wanting a way to do it in Aurora which doesn't have it.. I've seen certain skins have it, why someone hasn't created just a plain homebrew app that you can boot and extract DVD's is beyond me (unless there is one), that way these guys wouldn't have to implement the feature every time a new dash comes out

Oh so having an extracted DVD is something better then just installing via dash?

Oh so having an extracted DVD is something better then just installing via dash?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no... it depends on the games...

When you extract the dvd, you get just the game data, nothing more... nothing less, for some games this is a bad thing as they can have a VERY large number of small files, which may cause problems for the filesystem...

That particular feature wasn't included with the initial aurora release.. but the option is there.. and to elaborate some, once the setup is coded and put into function, there is no need to re-add it, as it will be there already.. and with nxe, you can install any disc to the hdd, but disc is still required, nxe2god converts it so you dont have to use disc anymore.. and you dont know why there isnt a homebrew app like this?? Umm it was already mentioned you can leave FSD on your box, no need to even setup directories or anything, and use the copy disc function just fine.. so..

Now Aurora does allow you to copy the discs.. just isnt a 1 click setup (yet, that being the keyword "yet").. all of which is easily added with the script support

To add to what swizzy said, there are even some games that have files that exceed the 42 char limit.. so extracted versions wont even work as they cant be copied to the hdd.. this would be where id recommend iso2god with the padding removal option set to "none" for the reason as all those files are packed into 160~MB file containers, this ensures all files are within the game, as well as cuts down on losses of missing files.. but as swizzy said.. it really boils down to personal preference..
  • Like 2

That particular feature wasn't included with the initial aurora release.. but the option is there.. and to elaborate some, once the setup is coded and put into function, there is no need to re-add it, as it will be there already.. and with nxe, you can install any disc to the hdd, but disc is still required, nxe2god converts it so you dont have to use disc anymore.. and you dont know why there isnt a homebrew app like this?? Umm it was already mentioned you can leave FSD on your box, no need to even setup directories or anything, and use the copy disc function just fine.. so..

Now Aurora does allow you to copy the discs.. just isnt a 1 click setup (yet, that being the keyword "yet").. all of which is easily added with the script support

I do vaguely remember the install feature now on NXE, but didn't use it but maybe once..lol. When I was talking about re-adding the extract option, I meant to any future dash's (other than FSD or Aurora, if there will ever be another made from scratch) like it was added to FSD and then if it does Aurora (not meaning in the next update of that dash). IDK, but this is getting somewhat off topic, I was just trying to give "XBOX 360 engine" an easier way than using file manager.. I'm going to stop talking about this because there are like 13 people subscribed and probably checking the thread for updates about Aurora 0.6b..lol, Sorry guys.