RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

ALMOST READY ?? LOL Just kidding do not be angry SWIZZY

It's in testing, that's all i'm going to say... it'll be released when we've finished testing and have the translations done (or the deadline for translations has been met as we do not wait forever on translations to be completed)

So those are some excellent news ?? Swizzy

In some ways, yes... it's moving forward, but testing can take anywhere from a few days to several months depending on the results of each test, if we find bugs we have to fix them and then go back to testing again...

Once the primary testing has been completed we open it up for our translators whom get a test build + the new xml so they can check their translation, during this time they may find more bugs we didn't find during our own testing which needs further fixes and testing... but usually at the point of translation there's very few bugs, most of which are related to the actual localization's (translations not being used fully or missing translatable objects)

Great wowk, guys. Just installed 0.5b yesterday and that eas amazing. It loads faster than FSD, and works smoother too. If some wihes for future here is OK: it will be great to show current time somewhere, and ip addres, also will be good if can manage ip setting in dash too. The FSD has voice commands feature, it really cool whan yo can shutdown console, open tray etc by voice commands. It will be cool to make a good looking start screen when loading aurora, mabe phoenix emblem on dark screen. Thanks agan for good work already made, I know how hard it is.

IP can be seen by pressing the back button, if you have a valid network connection it'll display the IP in the top left area

Date & Time will be possible to add using Utility Scripts, however it won't be something that can be updated continuously, it'll be something you can run to see current date & time on the console... nothing more...

If you want the boot animation to be different, just make a skin with the different boot animation =)

HOPE AND ERRORS ARE NOT DIFFICULT TO SOLVE SO THAT EVERYTHING GOES AS FAST.

SWIZZY THANKS AND ALL WORKING IN AURORA AND WHAT IS THE XBOX 360 AND NOT LET DEATH

HOPE AND ERRORS ARE NOT DIFFICULT TO SOLVE so that everything goes as fast.

swizzy THANKS AND ALL WORKING IN AURORA AND WHAT IS THE XBOX 360 AND NOT LET DEATH

Please buy a new keyboard, your Caps Lock or is it the Shift key? i can't decide... seems to be wonky

Swizzy .. I can help .. with transleting aurora to romanian language

Romanian isn't one of the included languages, the only ones that get the localization builds are the ones that are for the included languages, everyone else gets to wait until the official release

WARNING CONSTRUCTIV CRITIC COMING IN, DONT BE BUTTHURT:

still FSD>Aurora because of two simple points, Aurora is not user friendly at all!

FSD copies Microsofts Dash ..Microsoft is a big company, which knows what they are doing, u dont like Microsoft or u think they are stupid ..okay how about Nintendo ..Apple...Playstation...Google..they all do it the SAME WAY CAUSE IT WORKS!!! . <--- first Point

as soon as u boot up FSD u know what to do ..it's so easy ...no fliter ..no nothing ...u want to play xbox 360 games ...go to the big Xbox 360 Tab ...u want to play Arcade ...well go to Arcade

u boot up Aurora ...huh? where are all my games, or even worse u see all 500 of them. I get the Idea, u wanted something to boot direct into your games right? it's not practical, if you have so many sub folders. it's like u say i want my phone to boot directly into the dailer ...no thats bad!

2. No Sound in Dash, ever heard something called ambiente? if you want a great experience? well sound will help you!

3. u handle critic pretty bad over here so i am pretty sure i wont be heard, but even if you dont do it, please at least consider it.

u work for free, all ur work is so much appreciated!

dont think otherwise.

BTW the Choose your Cover Option! I dont know whos idea that was ..but damn that a great one! Thank you!

bye

Can you give us some examples of how FSD is more user friendly then Aurora? just because you have the tabs doesn't make it more user friendly, in Aurora you have ALL games listed straight away, giving you the option to just play the games, those tabs are just like our filters, just visually in your face and with far less control/options

Sounds doesn't make it any better, does google have sounds for everything in android? no! does nintendo have that in their one? sorta, they have background sounds that doesn't do anything in particular... besides, there are skins with sounds... we just chose not to have it in the default skin...

We listen to what people say, but if all we really hear is complaints about what we've been doing for the last couple of years, it's not something we're going to listen to, nobody really wants to listen to someone that just complains, i've been the one that mostly responds to your posts, and i've been trying to explain to you that Aurora have better features then FSD ever had, and it works much better, the majority of the community think like me aswell, you're one of a very small group that doesn't like how Aurora works because you're stuck in the old ways with how FSD worked, you also like to compare FSD to what Microsoft did, despite it being alot different from what they did...

Eventually, there might be support for skins that allow you to have tabs like you do in FSD, but for now it's low on our priority list as it'd only really satisfy a small group of people and is alot of work to get working

still FSD>Aurora because of two simple points, Aurora is not user friendly at all!

Matter of opinion from someone unwilling to explore/learn.

FSD copies Microsofts Dash ..Microsoft is a big company, which knows what they are doing, u dont like Microsoft or u think they are stupid ..okay how about Nintendo ..Apple...Playstation...Google..they all do it the SAME WAY CAUSE IT WORKS!!! . <--- first Point

FSD copies a very old Microsoft dash not seen since before Metro came along in 2011. Even then it's only vaguely similar. Besides, they are making something new, not setting out to copy everyone else.

u boot up Aurora ...huh? where are all my games, or even worse u see all 500 of them. I get the Idea, u wanted something to boot direct into your games right? it's not practical, if you have so many sub folders. it's like u say i want my phone to boot directly into the dailer ...no thats bad!

Aurora and FSD require adding games in the same exact fashion by scanning in a path. As for getting to the games, you have multiple ways, first you can press the right bumper to bring up the filter menu. Second you can press X to bring up the Quick browse and even press X again to type in the exact name (or even just a portion of it). Of course there's also the default view that you can just scroll through... How many different ways can you access your games in FSD???

2. No Sound in Dash, ever heard something called ambiente? if you want a great experience? well sound will help you!

Plenty of skins have sound, and you can add sound yourself if you want to edit the skin. But the developers have stated before that it won't be in the default skin.

3. u handle critic pretty bad over here so i am pretty sure i wont be heard, but even if you dont do it, please at least consider it.

Not my place to say really, but they actually seem pretty receptive to bug reports and suggestions.

dont think otherwise.

Agreed, but keep in mind this is also a beta. I can hardly imagine how epic Aurora will be by the time final release hits. 

• Like 2

u wanted something to boot direct into your games right? it's not practical, if you have so many sub folders. it's like u say i want my phone to boot directly into the dailer ...no thats bad!

dont think otherwise.

BTW the Choose your Cover Option! I dont know whos idea that was ..but damn that a great one! Thank you!

bye

1: umm how do you think phones worked before "smartphones" came out?? Lmao..

(Just had to make that comment.. jokes)

2: i personally made sound available as bg music, and even mapped the transitions out to have sounds.. just couldn't find one to fit..

3: No.. when people try and say the same thing over and over, in different ways, when the answer has been told over and over, then answers get short and anger-filled haha

Now.. i personally was looking into a making a fsd-type skin(there is other possibilities with this, but my ideas are exactly that, mine haha).. there are some limitations in making it, atleast until .6 comes out.. with the scripting ability added in.. one shouldnt have a problem creating one.. but yeah.. that's where the limit is at for now..

Can you give us some examples of how FSD is more user friendly then Aurora? just because you have the tabs doesn't make it more user friendly, in Aurora you have ALL games listed straight away, giving you the option to just play the games, those tabs are just like our filters, just visually in your face and with far less control/options

Sounds doesn't make it any better, does google have sounds for everything in android? no! does nintendo have that in their one? sorta, they have background sounds that doesn't do anything in particular... besides, there are skins with sounds... we just chose not to have it in the default skin...

We listen to what people say, but if all we really hear is complaints about what we've been doing for the last couple of years, it's not something we're going to listen to, nobody really wants to listen to someone that just complains, i've been the one that mostly responds to your posts, and i've been trying to explain to you that Aurora have better features then FSD ever had, and it works much better, the majority of the community think like me aswell, you're one of a very small group that doesn't like how Aurora works because you're stuck in the old ways with how FSD worked, you also like to compare FSD to what Microsoft did, despite it being alot different from what they did...

Eventually, there might be support for skins that allow you to have tabs like you do in FSD, but for now it's low on our priority list as it'd only really satisfy a small group of people and is alot of work to get working

sorry but u're wrong that exactly what it does! it makes it more user friendly and it's not old thinking! PS4 ...does it, Metro UI does it.... are thoes old too? U try to tell me that i am backwards thinking and whatever..but truth is, i just showing u a style that has proved itself to work and it works just great

i just said my opinion ..and also explaind why it logic ..see my phone example :)

i can live with the fact that it does exist only with skins i am fine with that ...but i am still hoping u guys oneday see the advantages of tabs. I think it's clearer that way

FSD copies a very old Microsoft dash not seen since before Metro came along in 2011. Even then it's only vaguely similar. Besides, they are making something new, not setting out to copy everyone else.

Aloha quattro.. people tend to forget that the same people that made fsd, are making Aurora.. lolol..

Kind of like asking who'd win in a boxing match, lemmy or God??

sorry but u're wrong that exactly what it does! it makes it more user friendly and it's not old thinking! PS4 ...does it, Metro UI does it.... are thoes old too? U try to tell me that i am backwards thinking and whatever..but truth is, i just showing u a style that has proved itself to work and it works just great

i just said my opinion ..and also explaind why it logic ..see my phone example :)

i can live with the fact that it does exist only with skins i am fine with that ...but i am still hoping u guys oneday see the advantages of tabs. I think it's clearer that way

And like Swizzy said, there will be a day for tabs mate.. just not in the near future.. there are ways to make a tabbed skin now.. just not functional.. due to the way Aurora is now, now with the new scripting feature, depending how deep they can go.. expect a tabbed skin with that..

Edit: Also probably expect a redone "blades" version too haha

Aloha quattro.. people tend to forget that the same people that made fsd, are making Aurora.. lolol..

Kind of like asking who'd win in a boxing match, lemmy or God??

Que paso amigo? Yeah, there's that too. Never understood the dislike from all two of those guys that have a problem with Aurora. One of the few times I actually enjoy being in the majority, lmao.

Afaik PS4 doesn't have tabs, or anything remotely similar to FSD...

I don't own a PS4, but what i've been told is that it doesn't have the folder option you had in the PS3 version of the UI, PS3 and PS4 have a similarity that they have a cross screen bar to select from, now you don't have 500+ games on your PS4 (probably never will) which means it's not even remotely required that you have an option to somehow limit listings similar to what was needed with FSD/Aurora

As for MetroUI, you have a list of ALL your games, with filters... similar to Aurora... the difference? in Metro you have a visual selector in your face that lets you change it even if you're a little kid, and of course... it doesn't support customizations as Aurora has it... (atleast that's with the Xbox 360 Metro UI, the Windows 8/8.1 Metro UI have a large number of tiles or a list with categories, as for Xbox One whom also used a similar one, you had a list of all your games with a icon of them, no categories what so ever... only thing they have is separate lists for Apps and Games, nothing more nothing less)

If you're going to give out examples of what's better then Aurora, please do try to keep it accurate will you?

Que paso amigo? Yeah, there's that too. Never understood the dislike from all two of those guys that have a problem with Aurora. One of the few times I actually enjoy being in the majority, lmao.

Very true mate lol.. but, sometimes, I'd like to see some tabs.. honestly haha.. just for a different feel.. or just cuz i like poking and prodding to see what's possible.. but yea I've kicked a few ideas around with you haha so u know

Very true mate lol.. but, sometimes, I'd like to see some tabs.. honestly haha.. just for a different feel.. or just cuz i like poking and prodding to see what's possible.. but yea I've kicked a few ideas around with you haha so u know

I would like to see it too, just because it's nice to have options. Whether Team Pheonix or another skin dev bring it, i'm sure it will be welcome.

Yep, still got that copy of the skin you made when you had that aha moment. Let me know if I can help out with graphics if you decide to build a new one.

If you're going to give out examples of what's better then Aurora, please do try to keep it accurate will you?

Ahhhh soooooo true.. ps3/ps4/360/one all have their good/bad things.. and as to what the op said, they do it cuz it works.. well it works because the end user has no say in the way m$ or sony decides to present their consoles.. we have to deal.. haha

I would like to see it too, just because it's nice to have options. Whether Team Pheonix or another skin dev bring it, i'm sure it will be welcome.

Yep, still got that copy of the skin you made when you had that aha moment. Let me know if I can help out with graphics if you decide to build a new one.

I wouldn't blame Team Pheonix on not doing it.. mapping the transitions and everything else turns out tedious.. if 1 frame is off hahaha.. i'd gladly work on a tabbed skin, or a blades skin.. but ofc that would contain my ideas and dead ends.. which others can improve upon.. as im no gfx artist.. and would be just fine with simple buttons.. haha..

Edit: I will also add that while the Team might not want to go through the task of making a tabbed skin, they are making sure it is possible 😆

• Like 1

Oh man, I didn't read everything but anyway, my comment to that guy xyz

1. Yea, Aurora looks simple and sometime, I also thinks about to have something more but srsly, it doesn't matter.

It is like Android, if you set it up once, then you'll never have a problem again. FSD is like iOS, everything mostly presetted...

It's true that FSD supports more designs/skins/themes/... but as I mentioned, never mind. It's simple and easy to use.

Better than FSD because Micro$oft suxxs with their NXE and Metro, the Blades were cool, they just had to be customizable about the colour, backgrounds, ...

2. Sound... okay, sounds are nice and we like them but think about it... does anybody have it? Sony doesn't, never heard, only if something was moving. M$ doesn't, never heard, stupid... Nintendo have it but b**** please, you can't compare Nintendo with Xbox or PS... they are made for kids and families so they have to use sounds... And at least, would you like to hear the menu sound for minutes long if you, for example, do something else and the console just stays awake... believe me, one day, it will annoy you in every way...

3. Critic is just a suggestion, spoken out in a negative way... so critic is the same thing like a suggestion... if they wouldn't like to listen to the critics, then aurora wouldn't never ever been like this! I don't say that it's perfect now but it isn't also the worst. It's something between 'ready to use' and 'maybe change there and there and ...'

I like it and it do, what it have to do.

My opinion about FSD vs Aurora....

FSD = Nice, beaultifull, complicated and obsolet (bad Loadings if you have a vast variety of games like me).

AURORA = Simple, fast and easy (No loading times if you have a vast variety of games like me).

Thanks

• Like 3

Oh man, I didn't read everything but anyway, my comment to that guy xyz

1. Yea, Aurora looks simple and sometime, I also thinks about to have something more but srsly, it doesn't matter.

It is like Android, if you set it up once, then you'll never have a problem again. FSD is like iOS, everything mostly presetted...

It's true that FSD supports more designs/skins/themes/... but as I mentioned, never mind. It's simple and easy to use.

Better than FSD because Micro$oft suxxs with their NXE and Metro, the Blades were cool, they just had to be customizable about the colour, backgrounds, ...

2. Sound... okay, sounds are nice and we like them but think about it... does anybody have it? Sony doesn't, never heard, only if something was moving. M$ doesn't, never heard, stupid... Nintendo have it but b**** please, you can't compare Nintendo with Xbox or PS... they are made for kids and families so they have to use sounds... And at least, would you like to hear the menu sound for minutes long if you, for example, do something else and the console just stays awake... believe me, one day, it will annoy you in every way...

3. Critic is just a suggestion, spoken out in a negative way... so critic is the same thing like a suggestion... if they wouldn't like to listen to the critics, then aurora wouldn't never ever been like this! I don't say that it's perfect now but it isn't also the worst. It's something between 'ready to use' and 'maybe change there and there and ...'

I like it and it do, what it have to do.

And i will prove my point, that people really dont read..

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5335-skin-darkened-red/

There is a skin with menu sound.. if you like the song thats cool, if not.. it is really easy to change it ;-)

I've made a couple of them.. even made a couple of video tuts on making the skins.. just never made a tut on changing the song.. but again.. it really is simple to change it..

Just because the default skin doesnt contain certain things, doesnt mean it isnt possible.. lol

• Like 2

Just saying, but I could easily compare Aurora to iOS too. Simplicity is a feature when executed correctly, and I personally believe both Aurora and iOS nail it. Only difference is, I have to jailbreak iOS to customize it. 

I know I'm really going off topic here, but both iOS and OSX are much more than how they appear on the surface. Until you play with the filesystem and system files, you've never truly explored an operating system.

• Like 1