RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

it will be great if you guys adding dvd exctacting like in FreeStyleDash

Thanks a lot for the hard work...Aurora is Very big evolution for the xbox 360

waiting this version maks me crazy :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Like 1

I know this has already been said a lot but I'll put this out there once again, for the record. Aurora 0.5b is a stable dashboard, even more stable than Freestyle dash. Yeah, I faced problems in FSD with trainers and stuff because of their screenshot combo which wouldn't turn off or change. That's when I found Aurora. I haven't faced a single problem in Aurora despite it being a beta. So I really appreciate your work. The only thing I miss is adding covers from the web UI on a laptop. I know about Aurora Asset Editor but it's too complex and I only use it as a last resort (if the cover is too bad), so if there is a similar way to change covers, backgrounds, banners, icons etc that would be great. Also, if there was a login menu at startup that would be frickin awesome. Nothing else, everything else is A-One.

Will it be able to recognize the lego dimensions toy pad? Man am I having trouble getting that to work. Lol.

That has nothing to do with Aurora... that's the 360 kernel which handles...

Make sure you are on the latest kernel version and try all USB ports on your console, if it don't work, contact the hardware manufacturer and ask for a replacement, there's a thread about it on this forum where it appears to be common that they don't work

Thanks Swizzy. That may answer my question as found here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6176-lego-dimensions-toy-pad-not-working/

I believe my kernel version is this: 2.0.17150.0 

So I go update this as outlined in your link http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144 and Lego Dimensions should start to use the toy pad properly?(looks rather daunting for someone like me, I guess I have no choice!)

Cheers.

Thanks Swizzy. That may answer my question as found here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6176-lego-dimensions-toy-pad-not-working/

I believe my kernel version is this: 2.0.17150.0 

So I go update this as outlined in your link http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144 and Lego Dimensions should start to use the toy pad properly?(looks rather daunting for someone like me, I guess I have no choice!)

Cheers.

Quite possibly yes, as long as there is no hardware problem with the pad, it should work by doing that update

Is Aurora still alive? Any information about Nova or New Updates?

Read through the thread and you'll discover you just asked the question most frequently asked... And most frowned upon.

We all would like to see a release of Aurora 0.6, so let's pretend you didn't just ask that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Read through the thread and you'll discover you just asked the question most frequently asked... And most frowned upon.

We all would like to see a release of Aurora 0.6, so let's pretend you didn't just ask that. :)

eventhough yes, this has been mentioned in the FAQ, etc, it seems like Aurora has gone a bit stale, I think a lot of the users would rather see small updates more frequently instead of having to wait months or longer for a major update, just my $0.02

eventhough yes, this has been mentioned in the FAQ, etc, it seems like Aurora has gone a bit stale, I think a lot of the users would rather see small updates more frequently instead of having to wait months or longer for a major update, just my $0.02

I agree with you to a point. I agree in the sense that I don't want it to be Duke Nukem Forever: Came out 10-12 years later and up until it's anticlimactic release was rumored to be vaporware. I prefer a release sometime in 2016.

On the flipside, I thoroughly enjoy stable releases. Aurora is presentation worthy. It doesn't break when you try to do X Y and Z, and it doesn't embarrass you in front of your friends.

That's the standard in stability and quality that I've come to expect from Aurora. If next release isn't up to par yet, I can wait.

More stability means less complaints, bugs and bug reports (including multiple bug reports for bugs already stated as known-- there's always that one guy who does it).

I'm not here to kiss anyone's rear end, but if I were in the devs shoes, I'd wait for a quality release too. Even if it is stale now (I disagree), a sub-par release isn't going to help anything or anyone.

• Like 4

I agree, I just don't want to see this go the way of FSD, it was stable but just got very stale and everyone lost interest in any kind of updates.  I WAS on the beta team of FSD and even I lost interest in it, but I also wasn't very liked on IRC ;)  used to go by the nick of ^Wulfgar^ :D

• Like 1

I'm just content it works. Not only is it functional, but it works just as consistent as a non-modded console. The update comes when the update comes. Lets be honest. As long as we don't have to load every title update manually, we're not exactly pulling our hair out... and we have LiNK as well.

I say take your time guys. That ensures we get a quality build.

The masses run for their pitchforks the moment buggy software gets released... and we all know that's counter-productive.

• Like 2

I agree, I just don't want to see this go the way of FSD, it was stable but just got very stale and everyone lost interest in any kind of updates.  I WAS on the beta team of FSD and even I lost interest in it, but I also wasn't very liked on IRC ;)  used to go by the nick of ^Wulfgar^ :D

Not sure i would actually call FSD stable... lot's of crashes and whatnot, especially the more Titles you add...

One of the biggest reasons things take time is because there's a limit to the amount of time we can put into this project, we have work... we have family... both of those have a higher priority then Aurora... we rather make bigger updates then small ones as we've got alot of plans for Aurora regarding features we want to implement before it leaves the Beta stage (it's actually still in beta in case you didn't know that)

I just asked if still alive and if there is any information not realease dates, sorry for my english i speak spanish

I just asked if still alive and if there is any information not realease dates, sorry for my english i speak spanish

We're still working... no need to ask "is it alive?" unless we've not written anything for over a year (that's the time you can start to consider a project 'dead')

They believe that one day they can play fifa for system link??

Jaja is worth dreaming 😂😂😐

Nope, we'll never support these games, each live game requires a server specifically for that... not to mention the legal actions microsoft & ea would take against us...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Does it supports the 17489 update? cuz in the v5 beta after updating my xbox to 17489 i couldnt see the TU and DLC (probably it wasn't compatible)

How about now? (ill be able to check it only in next sunday..)

Does it supports the 17489 update? cuz in the v5 beta after updating my xbox to 17489 i couldnt see the TU and DLC (probably it wasn't compatible)

How about now? (ill be able to check it only in next sunday..)

Once we've released 0.6b it'll be able to read/write TU's and DLC on the new devices supported as of 17349 ( USB#:\ )

Any chance of seeing a LIVE installer in Aurora's future?

I keep thinking it would be a great and fairly painless way to migrate FSD users over to Aurora. Particularly in cases where a user doesn't have access to (or knowledge of) Dashlaunch/launch.ini

I've considered modifying the latest release of the FSD LIVE installer to install either Aurora or the latest version of FSD, but all I am able to do is swap out files. (And I am very aware that this alone may not work)

Any chance of seeing a LIVE installer in Aurora's future?

I keep thinking it would be a great and fairly painless way to migrate FSD users over to Aurora. Particularly in cases where a user doesn't have access to (or knowledge of) Dashlaunch/launch.ini

I've considered modifying the latest release of the FSD LIVE installer to install either Aurora or the latest version of FSD, but all I am able to do is swap out files. (And I am very aware that this alone may not work)

At some point in time, we might setup a installer of some sort

I have a big one question how many time we still wait and wait this the new perfect we are in 2016 I don't can wait

We release the update when we're ready for it, if more people keep asking "when is it out?" we might as well never release it at all... we don't want these questions, nobody does... if you're so damn impatient that you can't wait, you can go write your own dash and see how easy (actually, it's really hard) it is to make one, especially one as feature packed as Aurora ;)