RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.6b

Hello everyone!

It's been 6 months since we've released Aurora 0.5b- and the next version is getting closer to release.  This build strives to be our biggest update yet- introducing a ton of new features- some of which were added due to popular request.  I won't spend too much time on this post, but wanted to give you a little peak at whats to come:

FEATURES
Passcode SecurityYou can now set a profile specific passcode and special permissions for different types of actions in Aurora.  

Cover Downloader - In the game options, we've created a new menu entry that allows the user to select from a list of covers to download and install in your game list.

2u4644j.jpg

Game Wallpapers - Many of you probably know that while you are in the game details for a specific game, you can press the 'BACK' button to view the background with no UI blocking your view; however, we have no added the ability to press 'START' while viewing that artwork to set it as your dash background.  

Asset Importer - We have added a method to import assets from an import folder on your Xbox360 harddrive, essentially giving you a way to easily update, replace or add images and text to your games library and fill out your game details without relying on an internet connection.

Screen Captures - We've added another menu into the game details that allows you to view your Freestyle Plugin screen captures from within Aurora.  From this menu you can even set your screen capture as your default Aurora background.

Plugin Settings - We've revamped the way plugins are displayed as loaded modules and we've rearranged the settings scene to create a much more user friendly method for configuring the different Aurora supported plugins.

2dilr3n.jpg

2zpli4z.jpg

Saved Game Manager - We've updated our save game viewer to include some management abilities- such as viewing and modifying associated console and profiles.

Profile Panel - Here we've added a little panel in the upper corner of the screen that shows the currently signed in profile, gamerpic and gamerscore.

Utility Scripts - Lastly, we've added a huge feature for something we're calling "Utility Scripts".  Utility scripts are self-contained LUA applications that are able to be run from within Aurora.  This opens up endless possibilities of ways to extend Aurora to do more things.  As an example, we'll be providing a script that let's you view weather information for a location of your choice.

NOTES
Stay tuned for the upcoming release.   The above features and more are all planned for the next release of Aurora 0.6b.   I can't say when it will be as there is a lot of work to be done; but, we are devoting a bunch of our free time to make this happen as quick as possible.   In that light, if a feature listed above doesn't make it into the final 0.6b release, we most likely ran into issues and will be pushing it to the next version.

As usual; thanks for helping us test and improve Aurora and we look forward to bringing more functionality in the future.

DONATIONS
If you like what we're doing and the work we are putting into this project and would like to show your support feel free to use this handy
btn_donate_LG.gif button...

Thanks!

Probably not, we've tried to get it working the way we want, but it causes issues with network sockets for some reason- so we're gonna hold off until its 100% ready.   Sorry!

Question What is "SMB Server"?

and how about the adding friends and messaging? is there a way?

Question What is "SMB Server"?

and how about the adding friends and messaging? is there a way?

SMB Server is a Server for SMB/Samba, which means it's able to be used as a "Windows Share"... however, like MaesterRowen said, it's not going to be part of the 0.6b release as it's not 100% functional at this time...

Regarding friends and messaging, that's not part of Aurora... Look into the NOVA information thread, this mentions what we're doing for the LiNK community...

Im really excited. Its a huge update.

In combination with Nova it's awesome. I see some interesting plugins in the screens. Anyway. Keep up the work. For the hidden background set function for game wallpapers, maxbe there should be a hint. I would even do a toggle or something, because hidden functions arent good for most consumers.

Im really excited. Its a huge update.

In combination with Nova it's awesome. I see some interesting plugins in the screens. Anyway. Keep up the work. For the hidden background set function for game wallpapers, maxbe there should be a hint. I would even do a toggle or something, because hidden functions arent good for most consumers.

It was mentioned in the thread of the version it was added...

** EDIT: **

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4020-aurora-02b-by-phoenix/

Added ability to view game background while in the game details scene by pressing the Back Button

Edited by Swizzy

SMB Server is a Server for SMB/Samba, which means it's able to be used as a "Windows Share"... however, like MaesterRowen said, it's not going to be part of the 0.6b release as it's not 100% functional at this time...

Regarding friends and messaging, that's not part of Aurora... Look into the NOVA information thread, this mentions what we're doing for the LiNK community...

Thanks for the answer Admin Can't wait to try this new stuff Thank you for everything. Godbless your work.

Awesome! Finally a screenshoot view option on the 360 scene :) This will be the best update.

And devs, get ready to have headaches with a lot of ETA requests...  :sweat:

Wow, it's a big update. Cover downloader, screen captures and the Plugin Settings page look awesome, great job! 

Probably not, we've tried to get it working the way we want, but it causes issues with network sockets for some reason- so we're gonna hold off until its 100% ready.   Sorry!

It's fine, me and the 3 other people that uses the Samba Server can still open FSD to use it :p

Thank you, and keep up the good work! :)

Will NOVA come with this release??

No, NOVA isn't coming with this release, it's still in development...

No, NOVA isn't coming with this release, it's still in development...

Ohh,i was getting excited because i thought nova will be coming with this release...

But thank you all for the work you have done on aurora ..

Thanks for the good work! 

By the way, you guys do remember that kernel 17349 (I guess) changed the way xbox 360 content (title updates, dlc, saves, etc) are handled, right? I mean, they dont appear on aurora since then. Will you guys adapt aurora 06b for this? (sorry for my bad english)

• Like 2

Thanks for the good work! 

By the way, you guys do remember that kernel 17349 (I guess) changed the way xbox 360 content (title updates, dlc, saves, etc) are handled, right? I mean, they dont appear on aurora since then. Will you guys adapt aurora 06b for this? (sorry for my bad english)

They added USB#:\ as a valid path for content... and yes this has been dealt with

Sounds great, can't wait to see what possibilities open up with Utility Scripts.

That would be amazing if we could add Conky style widgets to the home screen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Uma boa oportunidade para implementar uma web radio.

It seems the perfect opportunity to implement a web radio.