RealModScene
EvilKuif

Lego Dimensions - Toy pad not working

Hey All,

Ive purchased Lego dimensions for my kid. However unlike SkyLanders for Lego Dimensions the portal (Toy pad) doesn't work. It looks like the xbox recognizes the portal as a controller. However the game tells me the Toy pad is not connected.

Tried it with FSD3 and now also with Aurora but with the same result.

Any suggestions?

Do you have the avatar data installed?

Do you have the game disc so you can try it without FSD/Aurora in the mix?

I think I have avatar data installed (kinect works)

AnI  i have the CD. Not sure how to test. Went to Xboxssetting to come in original Xboxdash and boot from disc but iI have the same issue. Already exchanged portal in store to excludehardware issue.

I think I have avatar data installed (kinect works)

AnI  i have the CD. Not sure how to test. Went to Xboxssetting to come in original Xboxdash and boot from disc but iI have the same issue. Already exchanged portal in store to excludehardware issue.

Try disabling the FSD plugin, if it still don't work, try disabling dashlaunch... you should be testing using the CD/DVD

In Aurora -> Press Start -> Navigate to "Plugin" -> Select "Unload" and press A <--- This will disable the FSD plugin temporarily...

In The Dashlaunch Installer/Configurator -> Press RB 3 times -> Navigate down to "Unload Dashlaunch" and Press A <--- This will disable Dashlaunch temporarily

Once you've taken the above steps, try to run the game from the gamedisc and see if it works, i suggest first trying FSD, if that don't change anything, try dashlaunch, if it still don't work, i don't know what the cause is...

One thing you should probably also try is to put the Toy Pad into different USB ports, possibly also try it on a retail system (if you have one, or check if you can check it on a friends console)

you are not alone, Call 1-855-WBGAMES , press 2 for Lego games, Press 1 for faulty toy pad, .. you get a new voice repeating the first message, this time press 3 for lego games in general .. and you'll be connected to support .. they'll ask you what you did to try to make it work, then send you a warranty email ... asking for your full name, shipping address, phone number, a photo of both the receipt (no older than 90days) and the game disc...

I know, because I just bought this.. bought at 11:01am and warrantied by 1:00pm ... there are many many people who have pads that don't work.

listed in the support page for non-functioning pads.. they say to make sure the pad is not touching metal ... but that only affects minifig ID.. not pad connection via USB cable

• Like 1

@Evilkuif

Did you find a solution to your issue? I have the same problem... :/ Just got it for my kid for xmas :p

Also on the box says, internet connection required, I know some updates are required for the expansion packs, not sure about the starter pack game...

I too have been trying to solve this since Christmas day.

I have an old XBOX 360 that started to crash and began constantly lighting up the red circle of death so I gave up and bought a pre-modded one earlier this year.

I tried lego dimensions in the old non-modded console to see if it's just the toy pad as it will run for about 10 mins before it crashes. Happily I discovered the pad does indeed light up and change colors etc.

One of the first things the game did before getting too far was forcing an update (contained on the disc as neither console is on XBOX Live or the internet for that matter). After this the pad was working and I could proceed to play the game (until the game crashed as expected).

So clearly what's not happening here is this initial update (TU1?) is not permitted to do its thing.

So my question is how is it that this has not affected all jtag users and more importantly how can this initial update be allowed to take place?

The update you installed is NOT a TU, it's a kernel/dashboard update

Unless you specifically block the updates they will install without any warnings... (default in dashlaunch is to block the updates tho)

I had this problem too - and now have it solved.  At first, I did as Swizzy said and unload the FSD plugin and the dash launcher.  As soon as I did that and tried launching the game, it started trying to update my xbox!  Of course, this did not work and it said it could not read the disc.  My xbox is rgh and updates are disabled.  The disc was straight out of the box so I knew there were no scratches.  So - what I did to solve everything was install the newest kernel.  Before you think it's too hard, it's really not at all.  It honestly took 10 minutes using this guide.  Remember to update your dashlaunch to 3.16.  If you don't know how to do that just google it...but it is included in the links download:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-update-jtag-rgh-nand-to-dash-17489-easiest-way-possible.1034192/#post-7780514

This will update your kernel to the newest (I think Nov-2015) and allow dimensions to work without any problems.  At last, my kids can finally play their xmas gift!

Fair enough.  I guess we will both agree that the solution to this problem though, is to upgrade the kernel and everything should be good!

Thanks Swizzy!

Fair enough.  I guess we will both agree that the solution to this problem though, is to upgrade the kernel and everything should be good!

Thanks Swizzy!

Yes, at the very least you have to be on the dashboard that was out when the device was first released on the market, anything older then that may or may not work (most likely it won't work) and updates after may have fixed bugs found in earlier versions which are related to the device