RealModScene

I loved aurora, but i will stay in fsd due the dvd extract feature, the only thing that i really miss

A tip : change the name "Freestyle Home"  to "Aurora home" or something like that when Xbox button is pressed,

Nice work, good luck with project and bring more features for us

I loved aurora, but i will stay in fsd due the dvd extract feature, the only thing that i really miss

A tip : change the name "Freestyle Home"  to "Aurora home" or something like that when Xbox button is pressed,

Nice work, good luck with project and bring more features for us

We are using the FSD plugin, not Nova... you can change that with a custom skin tho... check the forum... there are several ;)

Just for asking, there will be support for SMB server on Aurora 0.6? That's what I miss the most from FSD (of course FTP do the job just fine, but I prefer SMB).

And of course, thanks for everything dudes! You're all awesome people, I really enjoy Aurora!  :wub:

Just for asking, there will be support for SMB server on Aurora 0.6? That's what I miss the most from FSD (of course FTP do the job just fine, but I prefer SMB).

And of course, thanks for everything dudes! You're all awesome people, I really enjoy Aurora!  :wub:

It'll probably not be included with 0.6b, it's more likely to be in 0.7b or a little bit later, we've still got some issues with it at this time which we want to fix before we release it

Sorry, I meant I hope everything happens the way you\me\we want, I mean again that I hope everyone start working on addons for the upcoming aurora dash and do a ton of magic with it.

THANK YOU AGAIN :thumbup:

ps: When that happens I will also install it on all my friends RGH :beer:

If you don't mind improving and sharing it later on I would appreciate it.

And even more awesome would be a scripting database in some server and that we could even chose scripts trough Aurora and download+install them right away, that would be PERFECT.

Please don't take this as a "hate message" or to be rude, but everything that Swizzy and Master Rowen have been saying is true. However, I will point out now that everyone, and anyone is entitled to there own opinion. But Aurora is in fact far superior to FSD. Like the fact FSD would (from time-to-time) lag/freeze for no reason. (Unless of course you have a scan path with a s*** ton of content.) And even crash. That I particularly have noticed, you're the only one with this many complaints about Aurora, lol. The only thing I liked about FSD was that you could tell on the dash who was currently signed in (usually 1st player only I think) and you could see your avatar. But we (I mainly) understand that you (may be) new to Aurora and as what they say "Going into the unknown is scary, when change is inevitable" but Aurora opens up alot of big doors that were original difficult to implement on FSD (or just wouldn't work) Nobody here is forcing you to pick one or the other. :) I will tell you this: *SPOIL ALERT* LiNK will forever be inaccessible from FSD. (in due time) You must have Aurora installed to play online. (That is IF you do) :)

We are using the FSD plugin, not Nova... you can change that with a custom skin tho... check the forum... there are several ;)

Um...has NOVA been canceled?
  • Like 1

Um...has NOVA been canceled?

No, it's just been put aside for other more important things... it'll be released when it's finished ;)

I personally think that Aurora was done extremely well and all of its developers left in a LOT of room for growth!

Don't get me wrong FSD is nice, and I really did like the dash interface, but with the memory issues that Swizzy mentioned awhile ago I really don't think the aesthetics of the previous dashboard or even the previous features should be seen as a deal breaker. Eventually they will most likely integrate all of the stuff that many users have complained about not being currently present in Aurora. Give them time, they'll  make the whole community proud as they've worked very hard to bring this breakthrough to everyone for nothing but the cost of time, effort, and dedication that they have all invested into this community project.

For help, asking the community is cool and all but I do strongly encourage everyone new to Aurora to read the TuTs. They arent there to just take up server space you know and there are a lot of really good nuggets of information that many people should know about.

Which reminds me, now that I have a friggin job I think I owe RMS some dues. I'll have something donated out of appreciation hopefully this weekend.

• Like 2

The only thing i use FSD for is the DVD Extract fuction, if this was added to Aurora, FSD would be forever gone from my HDD.

The only thing i use FSD for is the DVD Extract fuction, if this was added to Aurora, FSD would be forever gone from my HDD.

Typically I just install my games to HDD (via official dash) then run nxe2god. Does DVD Extract in FSD save HDD space, or is it the same?

In any case, FSD's DVD Extract feature fondly reminds me of the original Xbox homebrew, DVD2Xbox. Maybe more closely compared to UnleashX's DVD ripping feature though. Fun times for the Xbox scene. I think I still have 4 modded original Xboxes laying around here, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically I just install my games to HDD (via official dash) then run nxe2god. Does DVD Extract in FSD save HDD space, or is it the same?

In any case, FSD's DVD Extract feature fondly reminds me of the original Xbox homebrew, DVD2Xbox. Maybe more closely compared to UnleashX's DVD ripping feature though. Fun times for the Xbox scene. I think I still have 4 modded original Xboxes laying around here, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVD Extract takes the raw game data, nothing else, when you do a NXE install it takes the data + adds a bunch of other security crap

To help you out of your dreams... source has been out several times, and there have been people that could get the missing parts. Even when the xbox scene was still a big thing, not a single release was made by anyone. If we'd release source, nobody would do a damn thing.

If you havent noticed yet, the 360 scene is pretty much dead, and besides us, there isn't really anyone releasing anything for it nowadays.

As for your choice not to use Aurora, that's your choice, don't make it our problem. Meantime, it does everything you are complaining about not having.

I felt compelled to reply and say THANK YOU! It means a lot that you and the rest of the team phoenix are still developing in spite that the 360 scene is almost dead. I will donate as soon as payday comes around next week to show my support. Please keep bringing us updates when possible and I'm grateful for the team's work!

• Like 1

:beer:very like to donate something to you guys for all good that have done. Pretty sad to not have paypal and credit card. what can i do is pray that you guys be a billionaire. Ameennn god

479f5ec3dc9832d2758b6feb9822b982.jpg