RealModScene

While you are waiting for a new release, we made a CFL and background to go along with it. Check out the post in the CFL section on the forums!

aurora.rising.phoenix.normal.png

If you like what we're doing here, feel free to buy us a virtual beer or something!
btn_donate_LG.gif

Bring is a new FSD, thank you and bye... :baby: .

I would use the original M$ crap 1000 times to phoenix, I'm sorry to say, but I keep looking for a power PC, X360 XBMC and not a full menu that just launches games :(.

ps: It's a crap that FSD now does't update games or anything, PLZ GIVE THE SOURCE CODE.

First off thanks for the release, that looks good.  As for this,

Bring is a new FSD, thank you and bye... :baby: .

I would use the original M$ crap 1000 times to phoenix, I'm sorry to say, but I keep looking for a power PC, X360 XBMC and not a full menu that just launches games :(.

ps: It's a crap that FSD now does't update games or anything, PLZ GIVE THE SOURCE CODE.

TeamFSD disbanned. and the remaining members are now team phoenix. They are done with FSD, and it is considered discontinued. FSD doesnt update games anymore because the servers it is reaching out to no longer exist. I have to ask, What is your problem with aurora? it has been more stable, for me,  then fsd ever was.

• Like 2

It's not the stability, but features that concern me :(.

I don't like the visuals, I don't like that it's almost a XEX menu...

I wish is that someone could make a native XBMC for it.

Anyway if they gave the full source I'm sure we could see something like the old XBMC (nightly builds) where it just kept improving a lot and added new features.

ps: X360 is now dead :unsure: . It can't even update games and I manually have to do it again like in the old days... And I refuse to use Phoenix, so no more improvements will be made on my X360 for ever :(.

It's not the stability, but features that concern me :(.

I don't like the visuals, I don't like that it's almost a XEX menu...

I wish is that someone could make a native XBMC for it.

Anyway if they gave the full source I'm sure we could see something like the old XBMC (nightly builds) where it just kept improving a lot and added new features.

ps: X360 is now dead :unsure: . It can't even update games and I manually have to do it again like in the old days... And I refuse to use Phoenix, so no more improvements will be made on my X360 for ever :(.

What features would that be? Aurora have almost all the features FSD had before it was discontinued...

What's the problem with the visuals? it's nothing like XEXMenu... XEXMenu don't have full covers, it just have a small icon it extracts from the XEX and it's just a list of the titles, Aurora have much like FSD full covers in a coverflow that's customizable... Also, just like FSD you can make your own skins for Aurora, you can customize the visuals... or you can ask someone else to do it for you if you don't know how to make your own skin...

XBMC isn't coming for Xbox 360, it's a HUGE undertaking to make it work in the first place, and the original developers behind XBMC made a deal with Microsoft that Xbox 360 wouldn't be something they support and they don't into trouble for their Xbox version, they're also trying to move away from "XBMC" as it refers to Xbox which they no longer officially support, it's no "Kodi"

I really don't understand ppl that say they'll NEVER use Aurora, why not? we're improving it... we're doing things ppl ask us to do, we're implementing cool features... more and more, every update is packed with new features, and it's MUCH more stable then FSD ever was... i really don't see what's so great about FSD that makes you hate Aurora/Phoenix... besides, most of the members in Phoenix were also involved with making FSD...

@guily6669

There isn't even one argument correct. Thats because i bet you don't know what features  Aurora also has. (Read @Swizzy's answer)

When they first announced or released Aurora we still like FSD more, because, you know, a moment not expected.

But hell, its a refactoring worth it and it beats the shit out of FSD. Just try it first and then come back.

If you want to show love, there is a donation button. If you want to hate, then do it in the right (sub)forum.

• Like 1

To help you out of your dreams... source has been out several times, and there have been people that could get the missing parts. Even when the xbox scene was still a big thing, not a single release was made by anyone. If we'd release source, nobody would do a damn thing.

If you havent noticed yet, the 360 scene is pretty much dead, and besides us, there isn't really anyone releasing anything for it nowadays.

As for your choice not to use Aurora, that's your choice, don't make it our problem. Meantime, it does everything you are complaining about not having.

To help you out of your dreams... source has been out several times, and there have been people that could get the missing parts. Even when the xbox scene was still a big thing, not a single release was made by anyone. If we'd release source, nobody would do a damn thing.

If you havent noticed yet, the 360 scene is pretty much dead, and besides us, there isn't really anyone releasing anything for it nowadays.

As for your choice not to use Aurora, that's your choice, don't make it our problem. Meantime, it does everything you are complaining about not having.

Well said!!! That bloke is stuck in a timewarp! Aurora is soooooo much better than FSD ever was!!!!

• Like 1

Look at my beauty:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

I don't think I can let this go so soon :thumbup: .

For me this is better than PS4\Xone\Steam and any XBMC INTERFACE theme I ever tried.

I tried probably the first aurora release and didn't like anything in it at all.

ps: I'm not even using box art cover, I'm using the older and slower method on the FSD...

EDIT:

And I just tried latest version of Aurora and its still the same.

- Why does it backup my TU's at first start instead of having that option in the settings (so i have to erase them to save space)

- No avatars,

- No menus at all, it's just a game launcher menu with a button for settings\system (it still is a XEX menu with more features),

- Don't know where's the clock\temperatures without having to use the plugin, pressing guide button to see them,

- Is there a weather API?

- File browser doesn't appeal much to me, I prefer the old one.

- Lack of in dash theme customization (custom themes are nice, but from my experience in XBMC and FSD they either decrease menu performance, or lack settings\features in the dash updates or simply change everything while we can customize FSD with the same layout but change everything from the settings).

Why don't you have an option in the menu to activate menus to look like a real dashboard like FSD and also let people who want just game launching to chose the game launching menu style. It's like if windows OS were just the desktop with the icons to launch apps and nothing more...

And about features something that does concern me even on the FSD:

- NOTHING of media can be opened\viewd\played (I don't care much for it, but sometimes I'm too lazy to even turn on the desktop just for playing music. I have to press guide go to music and have to wait like 5 minutes for the music to play), most of the times I really have to go into M$ dash to play music as it's the only way to actually play them sometimes and the fastest way. I have a 2.1 system connected to the X360 that's why I use it to play music even if rarely.

Is it impossible to make a image viewer and music player for the phoenix?

• Like 1

- Why does it backup my TU's at first start instead of having that option in the settings (so i have to erase them to save space)

FSD Does the same thing, it also stores them in the DATA folder... FSD just don't do it so you can easily see i doing that...

- No avatars,

Might come with an update down the road...

- No menus at all, it's just a game launcher menu with a button for settings\system (it still is a XEX menu with more features),

What do you mean "No Menus"? they're a button press away instead of being in your face... it's a gamelauncher as a base, and as such it brings you the game covers as it's primary thing... not menu's...

If you want you can build a skin that have menu's instead of the gamecovers... it's all possible, we just don't want that in the default skin...

I still don't understand your comparison with XEXMenu and Aurora, XEXMenu is a list based application which only launches games and manage files... nothing more, nothing less... Aurora have so many more features, and it's VERY different, it's not just a listing, it's coverflow and more...

- Don't know where's the clock\temperatures without having to use the plugin, pressing guide button to see them,

We've intentionally not implemented things that clutter the UI, we intentionally made it not have all that shit, but with 0.6b you'll be able to get some of it back by using scripts...

- Is there a weather API?

Nope, not right now... but with 0.6b scripting you can easily implement a connection to a Weather API such as WeatherUnderground

- File browser doesn't appeal much to me, I prefer the old one.

What about the FSD one is better according to you?

- Lack of in dash theme customization (custom themes are nice, but from my experience in XBMC and FSD they either decrease menu performance, or lack settings\features in the dash updates or simply change everything while we can customize FSD with the same layout but change everything from the settings).

Sure, XBMC also have skins that let you do things like that, customize the look of the skin without changing the layout... we didn't implement it as we didn't feel like it added particularly much... perhaps someone will do things like that with skins down the line?

Why don't you have an option in the menu to activate menus to look like a real dashboard like FSD and also let people who want just game launching to chose the game launching menu style. It's like if windows OS were just the desktop with the icons to launch apps and nothing more...

It's a skin thing, you can build a skin that doesn't have any menu's at all... the menu's are there, they're just a button press away, similar to Windows... you don't have all menu's infront of you when you start it (maybe windows 8/8.1 but, all others generally have Desktop auto-launching, where you have to press "Start" to enter any kind of menu's... just like Aurora, except you press a button on your controller instead of a button in the UI

- NOTHING of media can be opened\viewd\played (I don't care much for it, but sometimes I'm too lazy to even turn on the desktop just for playing music. I have to press guide go to music and have to wait like 5 minutes for the music to play), most of the times I really have to go into M$ dash to play music as it's the only way to actually play them sometimes and the fastest way. I have a 2.1 system connected to the X360 that's why I use it to play music even if rarely.

Is it impossible to make a image viewer and music player for the phoenix?

No, it's all possible... it just takes time to make things like that, and we're building a Game Launcher, not a Media Center

No, it's all possible... it just takes time to make things like that, and we're building a Game Launcher, not a Media Center

How awesome it would be if it were both though. :) That is the one thing that the xbox 360 has been missing from day one, A media center/game launcher combo, like xbmc was for the original xbox..

• Like 1

Look at my beauty:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

I don't think I can let this go so soon :thumbup: .

For me this is better than PS4\Xone\Steam and any XBMC INTERFACE theme I ever tried.

I tried probably the first aurora release and didn't like anything in it at all.

ps: I'm not even using box art cover, I'm using the older and slower method on the FSD...

I don't know if I should be humbled or annoyed haha-   We're the same team that made FSD- so you worshiping it the way you are should make us feel good-

And after thinking about it... I believe it does-  I am glad you like it.     I recommend you keep using it forever.

The rest of us will be using Aurora.

Now we are getting somewhere, thanks. Maybe I could start using Aurora 0.6b

What I meant by menus is exactly having a menu for the game folders, having one for the browser, settings..... instead of the menu being always games covers and opening everything above it by using the buttons of the gamepad (for me this gives a sense of emptiness and doesn't actually look like a real full console dashboard, I mean on the M$ dash we have tons of menus for everything, it feels rich on content...).

But I still don't like much about those options being as scripts as I had bad experiences with scripts crashing the whole XBMC back then (since the scripting wasn't official...) :(.

Your comment leaves me more questions, which are the following:

1- what will the script be, luascript? (or something unique from Aurora\you?).

2- Is there anyway by scripting + plugins to do something like a music player? (I think I have seen something being made for the FSD like that, but I never tried, hell, can't even remember).

3- Do you think with scripting on the new Aurora I could exactly recreate my FSD dash like I shown to you above, with everything based on menus, and have one part of the menu in some colors, others in a different color...

ps: THANK YOU!!!!!

I don't know if I should be humbled or annoyed haha-   We're the same team that made FSD- so you worshiping it the way you are should make us feel good-

And after thinking about it... I believe it does-  I am glad you like it.     I recommend you keep using it forever.

The rest of us will be using Aurora.

I know the same team made both (or at least some members as I don't know everyone)...

But I'm just sad that you guys stop working on the FSD and killed it instead of improving it's code. The new dash is even smaller on everything (features, options, customizations, and in my opinion visuals :) ).

ps: But well, I'm glad at least now you guys will allow scripting and modding it :thumbsup:

But I still don't like much about those options being as scripts as I had bad experiences with scripts crashing the whole XBMC back then (since the scripting wasn't official...)  :(.

I think most of those script issues were caused by Python version conflicts. Common issue for XBMC4Xbox builds since their ports were always well behind official builds.

But I'm just sad that you guys stop working on the FSD and killed it instead of improving it's code. The new dash is even smaller on everything (features, options, customizations, and in my opinion visuals :) ).

FSD was built in a very unorganized manner and ultimately became an unmaintainable mess of which barely compiles and runs.  We had issues where adding 1 feature or changing one piece of code broke 3 other features.    Our last public build barely holds together.

We took what we learned from FSD and have built something that is easily expandable and much better optimized.   

Our philosophy going into this was to build something we (we as in me, mattie and JQE) wanted to use- and we wanted something that was quick to the game list, customizable, fast, smooth, and fluent- and as such you can see the result of Aurora being just that.

While the skin and visuals may not be your cup of tea, I would strongly contest that Aurora is smaller on features, options and customization.  The entire LUA back-end we implemented enables endless options and customization- and when 0.6b comes out- I can't even fathom what people will create.   The scripting is so easy- and in just an hour or two, I was able to make a weather display script that let me ask the user for an API key, search for a city, display a list of matching cities, and display the current weather information of that city- all with out a single line of C++.

Keep enjoying FSD while you can because Aurora will eventually draw you in ^_^

1- what will the script be, luascript? (or something unique from Aurora\you?).

2- Is there anyway by scripting + plugins to do something like a music player? (I think I have seen something being made for the FSD like that, but I never tried, hell, can't even remember).

3- Do you think with scripting on the new Aurora I could exactly recreate my FSD dash like I shown to you above, with everything based on menus, and have one part of the menu in some colors, others in a different color...

1) Yes, it'll be LUA, most of the standard LUA functions are there, infact... i think all of them are... then there are a bunch of extra libraries specific for Aurora, there will be a list of all supported libraries along with the functions, where we have the complete library as seen in LUA 5.2 i'll only mention the library and you can read the official documentation for that if you want to learn more about how to use them...

2) There might be, i'm not sure if we'll have a MP3 library included with the LUA, i think we do... as i remember MaesterRowen was working on that, but i don't know how far he got on that... if everything is working, it'll be included... if not, it'll be implemented later on with a future update once we get to a point where it works as expected

3) You should be able to do that yes, it might be a bit tricky getting it all working... but... it should work...

OMG, that's way too nice, I hope it's true. Maybe it's time to learn lua scripting.

The only scripting I worked was HTML and very little of Uscript for the unreal engine. I learned C++ but never really got deep into it (had to do a stupid car selling software to present at school and other little craps...).

FSD was built in a very unorganized manner and ultimately became an unmaintainable mess of which barely compiles and runs.  We had issues where adding 1 feature or changing one piece of code broke 3 other features.    Our last public build barely holds together.

Well... Thanks for making that mess called FSD then :).

Too bad it just crashes a million times, but my problem is actually either the way where the RGH cable goes (maybe it's getting interference) or the SMC values, as when I change them the crashing stops for a few days, but couldnt ever perfect it.

My friends all use FSD, but, their RGH is way better than mine and mostly crashes only on some games or when doing something on the FSD, it's not like mine which doesn't even boot properly sometimes.

ps: FSD is perfect :baby: .

OMG, that's way too nice, I hope it's true. Maybe it's time to learn lua scripting.

The only scripting I worked was HTML and very little of Uscript for the unreal engine. I learned C++ but never really got deep into it (had to do a stupid car selling software to present at school and other little craps...).

Well... Thanks for making that mess called FSD then :).

Too bad it just crashes a million times, but my problem is actually either the way where the RGH cable goes (maybe it's getting interference) or the SMC values, as when I change them the crashing stops for a few days, but couldnt ever perfect it.

My friends all use FSD, but, their RGH is way better than mine and mostly crashes only on some games or when doing something on the FSD, it's not like mine which doesn't even boot properly sometimes.

You hope what is true? that we're using LUA?

We've had LUA in Aurora since the first version... all those filters... they're LUA...

Sorry, I meant I hope everything happens the way you\me\we want, I mean again that I hope everyone start working on addons for the upcoming aurora dash and do a ton of magic with it.

THANK YOU AGAIN :thumbup:

ps: When that happens I will also install it on all my friends RGH :beer:

The scripting is so easy- and in just an hour or two, I was able to make a weather display script that let me ask the user for an API key, search for a city, display a list of matching cities, and display the current weather information of that city- all with out a single line of C++.

If you don't mind improving and sharing it later on I would appreciate it.

And even more awesome would be a scripting database in some server and that we could even chose scripts trough Aurora and download+install them right away, that would be PERFECT.

• Like 11

Sorry, I meant I hope everything happens the way you\me\we want, I mean again that I hope everyone start working on addons for the upcoming aurora dash and do a ton of magic with it.

THANK YOU AGAIN :thumbup:

ps: When that happens I will also install it on all my friends RGH :beer:

If you don't mind improving and sharing it later on I would appreciate it.

And even more awesome would be a scripting database in some server and that we could even chose scripts trough Aurora and download+install them right away, that would be PERFECT.

The Weather Utility Script will be made available to the public, as will a custom Repo Browser written in LUA(!!), that repo browser will be included with 0.6b when it's released, and the repo itself will be maintained by me, and possibly the rest of the guys in Phoenix...

Some of the features i'm implementing in the Repo Browser:

- Ability to update itself (you'll always be able to have the latest repo browser version)

- Online based Repo along with the ability to manually add more

- Ability to install Filters, Sorts, Subtitles and Utility Scripts

- Ability to update the above... (you'll have to manually find it in the menu system and select to install it again)

While you are waiting for a new release, we made a CFL and background to go along with it. Check out the post in the CFL section on the forums!

aurora.rising.phoenix.normal.png

If you like what we're doing here, feel free to buy us a virtual beer or something!

btn_donate_LG.gif

Please help me or point me to the right direction. How to get Auroa to run off usb drive and installation. Please

Please help me or point me to the right direction. How to get Auroa to run off usb drive and installation. Please

Easy, just copy the contents of the Aurora download file and tell dashlaunch to boot from your USB, voila... done!