RealModScene
QuattroGam3r

[Release] PSIO - Playstation Development Tool

Clock cap wouldnt stop it from booting, unless there was some serious corrosion from the cap on the board. I just did one of these the other day for my brother in law, and it still booted with the stock bios just fine. I still flashed the TSOP, as it makes it easier for things like bigger HDDS, and nice error messages, assuming you come across an error, and not having to have the HDD locked. ;) in my experience, 90% of OG Xbox issues stem around the HDD, and not the motherboard.

I won't know for sure till I crack it open again. At first it was popping the reset on the power adapter, so I ordered a new one from back east. Still popping it though. That's why I figured it's either the power connector on the power supply board (since it's a v1) or corrosion from the cap. I don't think it's a hdd issue.

Worst case I'll swap my X3 to a new MB and be done with it.

Edit: come to think of it, it did boot after I received the new power adapter, but only once. Next time I tried it wouldn't boot. First thing I'll check is for a flakey power connector since those were the reason M$ issued the power adapters in the first place, iirc.

I won't know for sure till I crack it open again. At first it was popping the reset on the power adapter, so I ordered a new one from back east. Still popping it though. That's why I figured it's either the power connector on the power supply board (since it's a v1) or corrosion from the cap. I don't think it's a hdd issue.

Worst case I'll swap my X3 to a new MB and be done with it.

Edit: come to think of it, it did boot after I received the new power adapter, but only once. Next time I tried it wouldn't boot. First thing I'll check is for a flakey power connector since those were the reason M$ issued the power adapters in the first place, iirc.

I have a v1.6 board and power supply sitting here if you are interested. As far as I know it works, but you will have to rebuild the LPC for the chip, and you wont  be able to do the RAM upgrade, if you were thinking of doing that in the future. I have my 1.4 board(TSOP iND Bios 5003.67), that I need to find some money for cheap ram chips for it, as the chips on the 1.6 are hynix, and are not transferable to an xbox with samsung ram(Which is why I kept it to begin with). I was thinking about seeing if Trusty is around, and getting the CPU upgraded also. Not sure I want that mod though, as it causes issues with some games running too fast.

• Like 1

I have a v1.6 board and power supply sitting here if you are interested. As far as I know it works, but you will have to rebuild the LPC for the chip, and you wont  be able to do the RAM upgrade, if you were thinking of doing that in the future. I have my 1.4 board(TSOP iND Bios 5003.67), that I need to find some money for cheap ram chips for it, as the chips on the 1.6 are hynix, and are not transferable to an xbox with samsung ram(Which is why I kept it to begin with). I was thinking about seeing if Trusty is around, and getting the CPU upgraded also. Not sure I want that mod though, as it causes issues with some games running too fast.

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know after I get into it. But I think I can salvage it as long as I didn't burn the power supply board out. Might even do it this weekend since it's a 3 day'r. I could use my X3 on a 1.6, just uses a dif xecuter bios.

I've heard about some games speeding up after the upgrade, but you might be able to patch the xbe's. Someone made a patcher for CPU upgrades and shared it here . 

edit: If you can't track down trustyty@hotmail, maybe N64 freak can do it, but he's in Germany so...

I was thinking about seeing if Trusty is around, and getting the CPU upgraded also. Not sure I want that mod though, as it causes issues with some games running too fast.

No one in the scene ever made a plugin to slow down the float point?

I remember a very long time ago during the 2000's working with games from the 90's on newer equipment and even with DOSbox we had methods to adjust the float point so that the games would run slow enough to be able to play without impacting the system itself. Not sure how helpful that would be but as XB Classic is x86 hardware from what I understand, couldn't the same idea be implemented on overclocked systems?

No one in the scene ever made a plugin to slow down the float point?

I remember a very long time ago during the 2000's working with games from the 90's on newer equipment and even with DOSbox we had methods to adjust the float point so that the games would run slow enough to be able to play without impacting the system itself. Not sure how helpful that would be but as XB Classic is x86 hardware from what I understand, couldn't the same idea be implemented on overclocked systems?

Not sure, float points are way over my head, but I thought the whole reason for the patch was to allow xbe's to utilize the 1+GHz CPU instead of the 733MHz limit they were originally built. My head hurts just thinking about it :wallbash:

If anyone was going to do that, it probably would have been XBMC, and I wonder if they have the manpower to bring that to the project anymore...