RealModScene
StaticPulse

More Retro Awesomeness!

So yeah.... I am a fan of Markiplier, sometimes he finds some REALLY REALLY neat stuff, like.....  Portal Mari0??

Yes... portal mario.

Its not a rom, it's an open source port available for Windows, Linux, and OSX.

Check out his video, yeah he sucks at Mario, but dude... this game ROCKS!

You can download it from the developers site http://stabyourself.net/mari0/#download

It'd be nice if I could use my usb 12 button controller for it.

How many portals can you manage, lolz.

This looks like fun, but I remember the absolute worst part of Mario (or Luigi) was his momentum and the jump timing that you had to master, grrrr. Not that they weren't fun, just a different level of frustration. I think that was where I developed my @#&%$! temper.

• Like 1

How many portals can you manage, lolz.

This looks like fun, but I remember the absolute worst part of Mario (or Luigi) was his momentum and the jump timing that you had to master, grrrr. Not that they weren't fun, just a different level of frustration. I think that was where I developed my @#&%$! temper.

I think like two portals. I downloaded and tried it out and from what I can see so far its keyboard controls for everything but the portal gun which is done with the mouse.

Haven't really messed with it yet as Brutal DoomV20B has taken my soul for awhile while I replay Doom I & Doom II Vanilla with the Brutal doom front end. It really brought a LOT of life back to that game. I'll mess with Mari0 later and let you know.

• Like 1

Pity they didn't use the source code from the browser based version that got taken down,it allowed you to start at any level

Pity they didn't use the source code from the browser based version that got taken down,it allowed you to start at any level

That's pretty cool, like level selection within the map pack itself?

It's just part of the game you could hit start & go from the beginning or scroll down a bit to select level.It was called fullscreenmario.An American uni student made as part of his studies,it was a major internet hit as it played in any browser in full screen.

from the source code readme thng

..............................................................................................

FullScreenMario is a free HTML5 remake of Nintendo's original Super Mario Bros. It includes the original 32 levels, a random map generator, a level editor, and over a dozen custom mods

...............................................................................................

just found it.It now supports 360 controller apparently

Download is here &/or scroll down page a little to get latest release.For some reason my older copy doesn't get past the first level so i'm off to re-download an unbuggy version

https://github.com/FullScreenShenanigans/FullScreenMario

Edit:hahaha yeah man they've made a number of improvements have fun peeps

• Like 1