RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jackhulk

Is it a definite future versions will scan DLC from external?

Hello

First and foremost I can confirm I have the correct file structure. Example...

/Usb1/Content/0000000000000000/Fallout 3/425307D5/00000002/

While Metro dashboard picks up on the DLC (as confirmed via settings > storage > Games and Apps), Aurora does not. Just found this post  that suggests that a future Aurora version will support scanning externals for DLC. Is this a definite please as I'm currently re-arrange my games so that I can see all DLC's in Aurora, but if future versions will scan externals for DLC, then I can just leave as is and wait for update.

Thank you

That path is NOT correct

The correct path would be:

/Usb1/Content/0000000000000000/425307D5/00000002/

But yes, we're going to add support for it in the next update

Ah yes, good spot! The path is actually correct on my external, but for some reason I added 'Fallout3' when typing here (sorry). My fingers all too often get ahead of my brain and do their own thing!

Thanks for confirming, saves me reshuffling all those games with DLC from external to internal.

In next update as long as correct path is used, will DLC also be discovered by Aurora for ConnectX games please?

I don't think ConnectX will be supported, it's not supported by the kernel is it?

Ohhh no. Sorry I have no idea regarding kernel, I'm just the student :)

So I assume then that features Aurora has is restricted by the kernel Microsoft makes? I thought that perhaps ConnectX was just considered another external through some coding trickery by Phoenix?

Not a big issue but I do like to keep all my games/DLC in the one (titleID) folder. It's an OCD thang I'm sure, but I'm determine to keep my new install nice and tidy. Recently had major overhaul, before which my Hdd was so what of a mess.

If you load ConnectX, does any DLC you have there show up in NXE? if not; it's not supported by the kernel

ConnectX is actually a part of the devkits, it's not at all made by Phoenix or anyone in the old FSD team (we use the same patched ConnectX that was used in the FSD days), It's basically patched to run without the devkit kernel which is why it works when patched but not as-is

Ah yes sorry I forget that ConnectX is a plugin, therefore of course Metro/NXE will not load this and as such ConnectX will not be listed within settings/storage. As a result it's therefore impossible for ConnectX games and subsequently any DLC to be displayed in Metro. Thankfully I only use ConnectX as like a graveyard of games for game most likely never to play again (old sports game versions and the like), but are still available should I need them.

If you load ConnectX, does any DLC you have there show up in NXE? if not; it's not supported by the kernel

ConnectX is actually a part of the devkits, it's not at all made by Phoenix or anyone in the old FSD team (we use the same patched ConnectX that was used in the FSD days), It's basically patched to run without the devkit kernel which is why it works when patched but not as-is

Off topic question, using an old version of connectx doesn't make difficult (like is) to use smb with the X? I cant find info about the connectx developing

Off topic question, using an old version of connectx doesn't make difficult (like is) to use smb with the X? I cant find info about the connectx developing

There should only be 1 version of ConnectX, it's developed by Microsoft for use with Xbox 360 Development Kits... connectx.xex has then been patched to work with a retail kernel...

Since it's developed by Microsoft for devkits, it's illegal to distribute... that's why it's not included with Aurora...

There should only be 1 version of ConnectX, it's developed by Microsoft for use with Xbox 360 Development Kits... connectx.xex has then been patched to work with a retail kernel...

Since it's developed by Microsoft for devkits, it's illegal to distribute... that's why it's not included with Aurora...

Ohh thanks for the info, another great info I learn today.

So, when you say DLC support on a USB drive will soon be supported, does that mean that Avatar items and title updates on USB sill be supported, too? It would be awesome to keep my games all together in neat packages...

So, when you say DLC support on a USB drive will soon be supported, does that mean that Avatar items and title updates on USB sill be supported, too? It would be awesome to keep my games all together in neat packages...

Anything that goes into Content\0000...000\ will be supported

Anything that goes into Content\0000...000\ will be supported

Wait, does this mean that any dlc can be put on an external hardrive, and show up in game? Even one that's not formatted be the 360. :goodjob:

Wait, does this mean that any dlc can be put on an external hardrive, and show up in game? Even one that's not formatted be the 360. :goodjob:

Yes, as long as you have 17349 or later as your kernel

OMG you guys have got to be commended!!!! :thumbsup:  This software is a work of art so far, and looks to get even better!! I'll be donating some cash when i get payed! :thumbup: