RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Atifkazia

Ideal temperatures for xbox 360

What model do you have? Where do you live?

Different models have different base-temperatures, different regions of the world have different air temperature which will cause differences in how good the xbox will be able to cool itself

Sorry for my english. This question interest for me to. For example  PC proccesor AMD Athlone normal temperature 35-60 to work, but better  keep it 40-50. IF temperature close to 70 PC will rebot, but  70 may damage the processor. In 360 fan speed may calibrate temperature, and I don't ask what speed I need to choose, I want to know what temperature cpu, gpu ... I need to keep? Xbox 360 Slim 4gb

There is no ideal temperature. The temperature of the 360 depends from the utilization of the CPU/GPU (which is different for every game) & and the climatic conditions where you live. I would to leave the control to automatic. You need have no fear because, the temperature where the console shuts down, is well over 90+ degrees.

There is no ideal temperature. The temperature of the 360 depends from the utilization of the CPU/GPU (which is different for every game) & and the climatic conditions where you live. I would to leave the control to automatic. You need have no fear because, the temperature where the console shuts down, is well over 90+ degrees.

You may want to lower the target temperatures a little bit =)

Of course you should never operate the 360 CPU/GPU in a temperature range over 90+ degrees for a long time, because it have a negative effect of the lifetime of the Hardware. But it shows that the chips are very hardwearing with high (variations) temperatures.

Of course you should never operate the 360 CPU/GPU in a temperature range over 90+ degrees for a long time, because it have a negative effect of the lifetime of the Hardware. But it shows that the chips are very hardwearing with high (variations) temperatures.

Yeah, default target temps are usually set to 70-80 degree's, which imho is way too high

What model do you have? Where do you live?Different models have different base-temperatures, different regions of the world have different air temperature which will cause differences in how good the xbox will be able to cool itself

I live in dubai here the weather is very hot(35-45c).. And by model you mean by model of the motherboard(falcon,corona) or the model number of my xbox .... I wanted to know this because two days ago i was playing for 7 hours so i was little scared because the power supply was very hot..

I live in dubai here the weather is very hot(35-45c).. And by model you mean by model of the motherboard(falcon,corona) or the model number of my xbox .... I wanted to know this because two days ago i was playing for 7 hours so i was little scared because the power supply was very hot..

Motherboard model, this is what differentiate the different models for the hacking scene ;) and it's really what's important when it comes to temps anyways ;)

If the PSU is getting hot, perhaps the fan inside is broken? (try putting something to cool the PSU from the outside)