RealModScene

can i got some help? :")

on XellBuild after enter all the details on Requires FCRT.bin it says True in red letters,

after a little look online i got the idea that i should tick the option Disable FCRT.bin check to avoid causing problems to

the dvd drive after building the update to the nand.

so my question is why it says True and should i disable the FCRT.bin check? since it look like my drive require it.

also how could i avoid causing problem to the DVD drive? 

it says true because that's what it does, the keyvault have a flag that says that your DVD requires/uses FCRT.bin, however most drives don't require it to be there in order to work (1175 and 1532 do require it, others don't), now with that patch you disable the use of the file (the kernel doesn't even bother checking it, which means that if it's not there or is corrupt it'll no longer have an error which it would have otherwise)

Thx for your help :)

if i get you right my drive require the FCRT.bin check, the option to disable it will simply cause

the kernel to stop looking for it, so in case there is problem with the FCRT.bin the drive will still work right.

so the right thing to do will be to tick the option of disable FCRT.bin, right? 

and no problem could cause out of it, correct?

If you have a Liteon 1175 or Liteon 1532 the drive will stop working if you use the patch

If your fcrt.bin is missing or corrupt in the NAND, you'll be presented with a E7x error, if memory serves me right it's either E75 or E76 (i don't remember which of them it was)

If you're not sure whether or not your console have a bad/missing fcrt.bin, i'd recommend enabling the patch, if the drive isn't playing any games, you'll just have to reflash without the patch to get the drive working again... (assuming it was working before the update of course)

wait so if everything working fine now that mean the FCRT.bin is ok, right? or else i would already get the E7X error like you said,

can the kernel update or enable this option made any damge to the FCRT.bin?

If it's working fine right now without the patch you don't need it, but since you're not sure if you need it or not, it tells me you're not the one that hacked it in the first place which means that you don't know if it's needed or not...

Enabling the patch shouldn't cause any difference for the file no, it'll still be there and it'll still be ok if it's ok right now...

It's a unique file found in the filesystem of some xbox 360 models (slim essentially)

Sent from my SM-G903F