RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Bare7a

Seamless audio loop question.

Is the xbox360/Aurora able of playing an audio file which the start and the end of the song matches if they are looped perfectly.. My question is, is there a delay between each starting of a new song or not, and if there is, is there a way to remove it. (I've test the song which couple of players on my PC and it sounds perfect if the player have this option.)

I am not sure if this is the right category to ask this question, if it isn't sorry I didn't know.

what do you mean the build in mp3 player ?? or what 

More like, if I put this music file in some Aurora Skin that supports background music (by replacing the default one), will it be playing without me noticing me the beginning and the ending of the track.

More like, if I put this music file in some Aurora Skin that supports background music (by replacing the default one), will it be playing without me noticing me the beginning and the ending of the track.

i dono about that the fastest way to find out is to try it :D

I have the perfectly looped music file, I hope there is a way to remove the fade in and fade out effect..

I have the perfectly looped music file, I hope there is a way to remove the fade in and fade out effect..

If not, you might consider repeating it a few (3?) times to give a longer loop before the fade.

• Like 1

If not, you might consider repeating it a few (3?) times to give a longer loop before the fade.

That sounds like a solution. :) What is the maximum allowed size/length of a song?

Sorry, no idea. I wouldn't make it too big though. Tripling it is about as big as I would go to keep the skin at a decent size. What size is the audio at now?

Maybe some other people with more skin building experience can give some answers, I don't dabble too much with Aurora skins.

I'm still not even 100% that there is a fade, have you tested? Only takes a minute to re-author, package and toss it on the 360.

Sorry, no idea. I wouldn't make it too big though. Tripling it is about as big as I would go to keep the skin at a decent size. What size is the audio at now?

Maybe some other people with more skin building experience can give some answers, I don't dabble too much with Aurora skins.

I'm still not even 100% that there is a fade, have you tested? Only takes a minute to re-author, package and toss it on the 360.

The thing is that I am currently not at home, and I won't be home for the next week too, so I cannot test it right now :/ Well I mean I am planning to edit some skin and use it for myself since it won't be fair to take some skin from someone who made this and post it with just the song switched.

I understand. I was going to suggest you pm me the edited skin and I can test it for you, but if you haven't gotten around to editing it yet then...

• Like 1

The thing is that I am currently not at home, and I won't be home for the next week too, so I cannot test it right now :/ Well I mean I am planning to edit some skin and use it for myself since it won't be fair to take some skin from someone who made this and post it with just the song switched.

I understand. I was going to suggest you pm me the edited skin and I can test it for you, but if you haven't gotten around to editing it yet then...

there isnt really a MAX limit.. BUT you want to keep the wav down, so decreasing the quality is a must.. as a 3mb mp3 turns out to be like a 30MB wav.. 

and if the sound file has a fade in/out, then match it.. or if it works flawless on repeate, then you can just loop it.. EITHER WAY, the song will loop, if set to it.. no need for multiple songs if you are just trying to match the 1 song.. and it all depends on the skin, and how it's setup.. if just "replacing" the wav will do.. you might need to go into xuitool and fix it proper..

there isnt really a MAX limit.. BUT you want to keep the wav down, so decreasing the quality is a must.. as a 3mb mp3 turns out to be like a 30MB wav.. 

and if the sound file has a fade in/out, then match it.. or if it works flawless on repeate, then you can just loop it.. EITHER WAY, the song will loop, if set to it.. no need for multiple songs if you are just trying to match the 1 song.. and it all depends on the skin, and how it's setup.. if just "replacing" the wav will do.. you might need to go into xuitool and fix it proper..

Thanks felida. Yeah my big question was wether or not a fade was applied after running it through XuiTool. Since I didn't know, I was just trying to give alternative workarounds.

But if there is no fade and you saying that the looped track will play continuous then problem solved.

and thanks for pointing out the difference in file sizes when converting. I was referring to keeping the end result down, but it's a good point. here's a chart that I looked up after you brought that up. http://dsd-guide.com/size-comparison-chart-various-formats-dsd-wav-flac-mp3

Thanks felida. Yeah my big question was wether or not a fade was applied after running it through XuiTool. Since I didn't know, I was just trying to give alternative workarounds.

But if there is no fade and you saying that the looped track will play continuous then problem solved.

yeah, working on that skin i was telling you about.. lolz.. added some sounds.. and stuff.. just tinkering with the transitions and whatnot now.. then i'll get into the loading editing.. haha

• Like 1

Cool, let me know if I can help. I'm still happy with the Marvel agents of Shield skin. Just my cup 'o tea  :yes

Only thing I changed was created a custom cover flow layout for it.

• Like 1

OMG Is this Skin public??? :o It looks awesome!

Haha, yeah it's in the skin section, just got pushed back a page so it doesn't get as much love now.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5368-shield-deep-blue-skin-aurora-05b-by-sm0k3-tr4c3r-based-on-darkside-by-matteita/?p=44103

and my custom cover flow...

edit: So i've gone back and remade Spread coverflow to include new views based off of Rising Phoenix coverflow. Retains original look, just fixed some stuff and added new stuff ;)

Spread by Quattrogam3r.zip

• Like 3