RealModScene
DR3AMMA5TER

Question about wmv and wireless mic

Hello,

I have a not so common question!

I'm a big LIPS lover and love karaoke.

Because the songs in LIPS are mostly older songs i searched for a way to sing karaoke on newer songs.

I know there is a Xbox360 app called "Karaoke" but you have to be connected to xbox live for that and i have a RGH Xbox360 so thats not an option.

The Karaoke app uses The Karaoke Channel to play the songs and i managed to download the same songs from youtube and converted them to WMV (which is xbox360 compatible)

LIPS only uses the import of MP3 and not WMV files so that didn't work, i'm trying to make DLC files from the WMV files for LIPS but it's very difficult.

My main question here is: How can i play WMV files on my RGH Xbox360 while i use my wireless LIPS microphone for singing??

All suggestions are welcome!

Hello,

I have a not so common question!

I'm a big LIPS lover and love karaoke.

Because the songs in LIPS are mostly older songs i searched for a way to sing karaoke on newer songs.

I know there is a Xbox360 app called "Karaoke" but you have to be connected to xbox live for that and i have a RGH Xbox360 so thats not an option.

The Karaoke app uses The Karaoke Channel to play the songs and i managed to download the same songs from youtube and converted them to WMV (which is xbox360 compatible)

LIPS only uses the import of MP3 and not WMV files so that didn't work, i'm trying to make DLC files from the WMV files for LIPS but it's very difficult.

My main question here is: How can i play WMV files on my RGH Xbox360 while i use my wireless LIPS microphone for singing??

All suggestions are welcome!

you would have to "unpack" the DLC for that game, to figure out how it works.. the "proper" format and everything.. BUT it shouldn't be too hard.. as there are custom Rockband DLC's.. and other custom DLC's for games, such as skyrim..

I only have problems with the two

.X360 files. I don't know how to edit them and when i delete them from the dlc then it won't work.

Someone has a solution for this?

I don't need the .X360 files so a bypass option would be great.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

they can be any type of file really, there is no rules for what extension the files have on Xbox 360, you can put any data you want in any file you want, for instance you can put game data in a .exe even tho it's not going to be executed anywhere...

they can be any type of file really, there is no rules for what extension the files have on Xbox 360, you can put any data you want in any file you want, for instance you can put game data in a .exe even tho it's not going to be executed anywhere...

But when i edit the .X360 files with notepad and save them the dlc file doesn't play, so it looks like something in the game needs those files.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

What exactly are you changing using notepad? and why did you use notepad in the first place? these are possibly binary files, notepad only handles text files...

What exactly are you changing using notepad? and why did you use notepad in the first place? these are possibly binary files, notepad only handles text files...

Thnx Swizzy, i don't really know what i'm doing haha i just tried to remove all the text in the .X360 files and thought "maybe they won't show if they're empty" 

All i want is to play my WMV files in LIPS without the lyrics and tonebar showing up so i can Karaoke with microphone.

I'm not good at programming so maybe you can help me a little more?

I don't think it would be very difficult but i just have to find the right way.

I don't have the game, nor do i have the DLC... therefor, i cannot help you much...