RealModScene
cozmo72

update to 17489 problems

Dear Experts ,

I am a new bie and I have Xbox 250 GB E console Corona mobo and Glitch 2 and dashboard v 2.0.16756 and i need to update to latest kernal 17489.

Could any one plz guide me the steps for updating the kernal.I have seen below mentioned video for kernal upgrading for corona mobo but i am confused while using the steps when the guy saves the file and save corona 4g in the xebuild gui. whether i will use the deafult name of corona or i use corona 250g while saving the update file.

Thanks 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x297tg7_how-to-update-jtag-rgh-kernel-17489-corona_videogames

Your console isn't a 4G corona, so you don't do that change, you may want to doublecheck if you have the 13182 CB_B tho, as that means you need additional patches

Your console isn't a 4G corona, so you don't do that change, you may want to doublecheck if you have the 13182 CB_B tho, as that means you need additional patches

Thanks alot Swizzy for your help.

I have successfully upgraded my console to 17489...

but while saving the NAND dump i have got an error.

rawdump v1 started (by Swizzy)
game:\flashdmp.bin opened OK, attempting to read 0x1080000 bytes from flash...

! SFCX: Bad block found at 0x98

block 0x98 seems bad, status 0x350

is there any thing to worry about regarding this bad block???

Those are normal, atleast if you have only a handfull of 'em, if you have more then 10 it might be a bigger issue... if you only have 0 - 5 or so, it's usually no problem, anything above 10 is gonna be one hell of a pita (when it's in the system section anyways for BB Jaspers, always for the other models)

* For those who only use J-Runner for an update be careful when you use an different Tool !

My console was missing the Winbond Patch ! Its the WB4G option in J-Runner under "Patches"

After i used directly xeBuild for an update my console was dead and needed an reflash ! Be aware of this !