RealModScene
cozmo72

update to 17489 problems

Hi guys, any idea what went wrong? also xbox wont turn on now, which tutorial do i need to follow to fix it?

Cheers guys

post-39312-0-35830400-1444019852_thumb.jpg

I would recommend going the manual route instead, check the tutorial in my signature

thanks for the reply. My xbox wont load to the dashboard, nothing comes on the screen, but if i try xell, that still loads up. do i dump my nand through xell? i only ask as it says on your tutorial not recommended to dump nand using xell. (i know it says on your troubleshoot section on your guide but just checking :blushing: )

thanks

thanks for the reply. My xbox wont load to the dashboard, nothing comes on the screen, but if i try xell, that still loads up. do i dump my nand through xell? i only ask as it says on your tutorial not recommended to dump nand using xell. (i know it says on your troubleshoot section on your guide but just checking :blushing: )

thanks

Yes, if all else fails, use that

i tried to get the nand throough xell but when i type the ip address nothing happens.192.168.1.99 is next to network config on xell and my browsers cant find any address when i type it in. any ideas?

You probably don't have a network cable attached to your console? that IP is likely the fallback for when network init fails...

No didn't have a cable. sorry i think i must have missed a step :huh:  I thought I was supposed to type that ip address in my browser to connect and download the raw flash from xell. If I can't connect to my xbox and use Simple 360 NAND Flasher, how do i get the raw dump from xell? when I have the xell screen on my xbox, at the very bottom of the screen its flicking through some different things, saying TFTP: packet send error. TFTP: no answer from server.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help

You'd need something that'll write to a USB device, i wrote something like that once, but it didn't work that well...

The alternative is to use hardware to connect straight to the motherboard

sorry what I meant was how do i get to the screen that has the raw dump option. I have a cable attached from my xbox to my laptop now

You need to learn how networking works then you can use the website fine...

Ok, so I got my nand and got the updflash.bin using the latest XeBuild and following the tutorial. As i cant load up my dashboard and can only load xell I put the updflash.bin on an empty usb stick and tried to update through xell. It recognised that the usb was mounted but nothing else happened. Then I tried rawflash v4 putting the xenon.elf file in the root with the updflash.bin and started that up. All it loads to though is a black screen. Any ideas what else i can do?

Thanks again

What size is the dump? 16 or 48 MB? if it's 48 you need hardware to flash your NAND (MMC reader)

hmm well I guess my xbox is dead then :ermm: 

thanks for the help anyway

Who hacked it for you? maybe they can help you fix it?

I live in China, so I'm worried that if I take it to the place that can fix it, they will just replace something inside with old parts, in the hope that I will need to see them again when it breaks. Pretty untrustworthy, so that's my last resort. Is there any other way I can update it without doing any soldering?

Thanks again

At this point in time there is no method of writing MMC corona consoles without soldering (unless of course the connections are already in the console)

OMG ! I have the same Problem -.-

I always used J-Runner for Updating my Box and this was the first time i used xeBuild_GUI. Maybe that was the mistake.

And now after succesfully flahing via xell my xbox is dead.  :unsure:

Red light inside my box is all time on and the green light is blinking blinking blinking lighting and that again and again.

i cannot go into xell or smth else. Its a 360 E console.

OMG ! I have the same Problem -.-

I always used J-Runner for Updating my Box and this was the first time i used xeBuild_GUI. Maybe that was the mistake.

And now after succesfully flahing via xell my xbox is dead.  :unsure:

Red light inside my box is all time on and the green light is blinking blinking blinking lighting and that again and again.

i cannot go into xell or smth else.

What chip do you have installed in your console?

The only differences that i know of between JRunner and xeBuild is that JRunner have the CR4 and R-JTAG SMC's which aren't part of xeBuild GUI... the CR4 SMC should be kept despite tho... the only one that would be replaced is R-JTAG

What chip do you have installed in your console?

The only differences that i know of between JRunner and xeBuild is that JRunner have the CR4 and R-JTAG SMC's which aren't part of xeBuild GUI... the CR4 SMC should be kept despite tho... the only one that would be replaced is R-JTAG

I dont know i bought this console a half year before in a shop. The only thing i can see is that the Chip has a green and than a red led at the left side.

at the small side of the chip.

It's a TeamXecuter chip most likely... the green led you mention, is that the chip or the center led on the console?

Basically, if it's the chip that's blinking green the console is trying to boot up again, but it's not working for some reason... i doubt it has anything to do with xeBuild GUI over JRunner... it's more likely a random error that would've happened with either, unless of course your particular console had 13182 CB_B? (this would indicate your console have Winbond 2K RAM which requires a slightly different patchset from other corona consoles)

Can you send me your NANDDump so i can check if that's the case?

It's a TeamXecuter chip most likely... the green led you mention, is that the chip or the center led on the console?

Basically, if it's the chip that's blinking green the console is trying to boot up again, but it's not working for some reason... i doubt it has anything to do with xeBuild GUI over JRunner... it's more likely a random error that would've happened with either, unless of course your particular console had 13182 CB_B? (this would indicate your console have Winbond 2K RAM which requires a slightly different patchset from other corona consoles)

Can you send me your NANDDump so i can check if that's the case?

I mean the green light on the chip. Its a 16MB NAND. Ye but isnt it ironic i never used xeBuild before and the first tiem i use it ..... this happens ...

Dear Experts ,

I am a new bie and I have Xbox 250 GB E console Corona mobo and Glitch 2 and dashboard v 2.0.16756 and i need to update to latest kernal 17489.

Could any one plz guide me the steps for updating the kernal.I have seen below mentioned video for kernal upgrading for corona mobo but i am confused while using the steps when the guy saves the file and save corona 4g in the xebuild gui. whether i will use the deafult name of corona or i use corona 250g while saving the update file.

Thanks 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x297tg7_how-to-update-jtag-rgh-kernel-17489-corona_videogames