RealModScene
Chrishockey55

xeBuild 1.16 & xeBuild GUI 2.097 17489 kernel support added

Well the E71 is gone, i hope is for good. :D

Now im trying to install the Avatars update, i did just like the tutorial says but the console is not showing me the update dialog.
I have downloaded the $SystemUpdate_17489 and put it into my flashdrive all done with xeBuild_GUI_2.097.

Then i tried to change the name to $$ystemUpdate but nothing happens.

I will try with another flashdrive later, but this same flashdrive is the one i used to flash the console. Thats weird.

Try launching a game or XEXMenu... that should trigger the update (Aurora and FSD don't)

I got another flashdrive and it worked perfectly. Weird, because they are from the same company the one which did not work is an 8 GB flashdrive and the other one it is a 16 GB.

Thank you so much, Swiss. I hope mi experiencie help someone else too. :)

Hi Everyone,

I was given a RGH 360 last week and I have some kernel update questions that I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1. The console is currently running kernel 16203. Is it safe for me to update to straight to 17489 or do I need to update to an earlier version first?

2. I done a NAND Dump (as per Swizzy's instructions) but when I do a KV Check in xeBuild GUI I noticed that all the information is correct except for my Console ID. Is this something I should worry about?

3a. I see that if there is any sort of flashing issues it looks like will probably have to boot into Xell in order to fix them, is this correct?
3b. I ask because the eject button on this console is broken so I'm not sure I should do the update because there'll be no way to recover from a failure.

Thanks

1. It's perfectly safe to go from any version of kernel straight to the latest as you erase all the traces of previous versions during the update

2. Where did you check your console id from since before? if it decrypts the keyvault, the keyvault is fine, atleast if it still boots with that data...

3a. Well, if you can't boot into NXE but can boot into XeLL, yes you have to use XeLL to fix it (or a hardware flasher)

3b. You can change the XeLL startup reason in the advanced settings for xeBuild... (it doesn't have to be eject, that's just the default behavior)

1. Excellent, thanks.

2. I'm comparing it to the Console ID shown on DashLaunch (3.16)

3b. This is probably a stupid question but, if I change it with the settings in xeBuild would I then need to flash the kernel for those settings to take effect?

Regardless I think I may just give it a go when I get home from work today.

1. Excellent, thanks.

2. I'm comparing it to the Console ID shown on DashLaunch (3.16)

3b. This is probably a stupid question but, if I change it with the settings in xeBuild would I then need to flash the kernel for those settings to take effect?

Regardless I think I may just give it a go when I get home from work today.

Yes, they're done on the image which means you reflash it, you can start XeLL by XeLL Launcher aswell (while NXE is working that is) you don't want to use XeLL to flash your nand unless you have to, use Simple 360 NAND Flasher and there shouldn't be any problems... it uses the same method but have better device support (USB devices etc.)

@Swizzy I just took the plunge and done the update and everything worked perfectly (including remapping Xell to the Windows button on my IR remote).

Thank you for your amazing apps and your help.

• Like 1