RealModScene
Chrishockey55

xeBuild 1.16 & xeBuild GUI 2.097 17489 kernel support added

If everything is working fine for you, don't update it, what's the point?

These tools are all related to the kernel, if you want to play a newer game it's a good idea to update as they might be using functions which were added with the new kernel update... xeBuild/xeBuild GUI are both for generating a new NAND for your console with a new/different kernel version, xeBuild GUI is essentially a graphical frontend for xeBuild

Makes sense! I may have used it before to update around the release of adv warfare.

so then, i cant get Madden 16 to run properly. its real slow during game play. do you think kernal is the problem?

as i look now, im on dashboard 2.0.16747.0 so im guessing ill have to update my kernal? ill have to do that later on when im not so baked. time to look through the tut section

Makes sense! I may have used it before to update around the release of adv warfare.

so then, i cant get Madden 16 to run properly. its real slow during game play. do you think kernal is the problem?

as i look now, im on dashboard 2.0.16747.0 so im guessing ill have to update my kernal? ill have to do that later on when im not so baked. time to look through the tut section

I would recommend an update yeah, check my signature and you shall find one of the best guides there is for updating your KERNEL (there's no A in kernel)

I would recommend an update yeah, check my signature and you shall find one of the best guides there is for updating your KERNEL (there's no A in kernel)

cool, fkn grammar nazi! thanks and i did use your tut, seen it in a different thread. all problems solved for now, until i work on the c0d dlc, maybe tomorrow for that. ill find a link for your nuketown method.

hi

i am new to the scene and just installed a proto slim in a trinity and after flashing with xebuild i booted consolebut dont have acces to internet anymore

is this normal to prevent me from going on live ?

i installed xexmenu dashlaunch and freestyle dash on harddrive

did i do something wrong ?

You should still have internet access, just not Xbox Live access, and with the default settings the internet test will fail (because it just checks if you're able to connect to the Xbox Live servers which you are not)

Hello, 

I wanted to thank you for another great release! The GUI was a smooth and easy transition to the latest dash. The required Avatar update did give me an issue that I haven't seen anyone else address. When you use the GUI to prepare your flash drive it does a great job but doesn't rename your update from $SystemUpdate to 

$$ystemUpdate. This will stop you in your tracks unless you do not have a Kinect then maybe you won't even have the issue. Anyway... Thank you!

Hello, 

I wanted to thank you for another great release! The GUI was a smooth and easy transition to the latest dash. The required Avatar update did give me an issue that I haven't seen anyone else address. When you use the GUI to prepare your flash drive it does a great job but doesn't rename your update from $SystemUpdate to 

$$ystemUpdate. This will stop you in your tracks unless you do not have a Kinect then maybe you won't even have the issue. Anyway... Thank you!

No, instead of doing that, it generates a launch.ini that disables the updateblock, if you boot with that stick in, it'll turn off the setting and things will be like normal... if you then remove the stick it'll boot up as you normally want it to, with the settings you had before...

@Swizzy

I've done my best to follow your guide but I keep getting an error when trying to update to 17489. The error says:

"block 0x1b7 seems bad, status 0x00000218

Block cannot be recovered (A.K.A. it's really bad)"

Then it finishes flashing the rest of the nand and when the xbox starts up, it hangs at the xbox 360 screen (although it does sign me in)

Any suggestions? FYI, it's a trinity motherboard and I've had those same bad blocks in the past but it always just remapped them without a hitch.

In your particular case, you should be able to just go with disabling the remapping, since the remap isn't required for that block (according to the message) this would solve the problem

UPDATE:

I can now boot to dash launch, aurora, or fsd, but I can't seem to get to the standard dash so i can update my settings. Any suggestions.

@Swizzy

I've done my best to follow your guide but I keep getting an error when trying to update to 17489. The error says:

"block 0x1b7 seems bad, status 0x00000218

Block cannot be recovered (A.K.A. it's really bad)"

Then it finishes flashing the rest of the nand and when the xbox starts up, it hangs at the xbox 360 screen (although it does sign me in)

Any suggestions? FYI, it's a trinity motherboard and I've had those same bad blocks in the past but it always just remapped them without a hitch.

UPDATE:

I can now boot to dash launch, aurora, or fsd, but I can't seem to get to the standard dash so i can update my settings. Any suggestions.

dump the nand as it is right now and send it to me so i can analyze it, see if i can see anything wrong

dump the nand as it is right now and send it to me so i can analyze it, see if i can see anything wrong

I just sent you message with the link in it. Thanks for taking a looking at it.

Have a phat jtag. Is it true I cannot load 17489? And therefore never go online again...thanks in advance. .bought this for my son for Christmas. Thinking I got taken for 200. Jasper motherboard

Have a phat jtag. Is it true I cannot load 17489? And therefore never go online again...thanks in advance. .bought this for my son for Christmas. Thinking I got taken for 200. Jasper motherboard

JTAG/RGH can use any supported kernel, as long as it's patched... which means, you CAN run the latest... however, you cannot go on Xbox Live with a JTAG/RGH system without getting banned... asking for how to get past that on these forums will land you in the outcast land, meaning nobody will help you with anything...

Plz help 

I have updated my jtag to the 17489 kernel version and when i start xbox after logo end xbox shut down i had update it before with no problems

Hey its fixed?? if its not, i think this can fix it, in my xbox happend the same but not with this tutorial, you have to turn on the xbox and open the tray inmediatly it should fix it. Sorry for my bad english i speak spanish

Thank you guys ... Works like charm ...

I have update my Fat RGH Jasper successfully .

But I cant update the Avatar?

Tried launching a game or something like XEXMenu? (FSD and Aurora don't help) also, have you tried renaming the folder to $$ystemUpdate?

The XEXMenu and Games works fine .

But I cant update the Avatar ...
yes tried you name it ... i have tried everything ... even downloaded the CD type of update and tried to lunch it but it keeps giving me a message that my dashboard is already updated ... .

Hello to everyone, i really need your help my Xbox 360 Slim is showing me E71 error after i flashed it. When i select to "quit" Aurora and view my Xbox 360 Dashboard the error appears. I tried to follow the guide step by step carefully.

Something else when i was dumping it gave me two bad sectors, but i read it wasnt a really a problem.

** screenshot removed **

Dump: ** link removed **

If you need something more, please let me know. Thank you so much.

Edited by Swizzy
Removed your console data for your own safety

What tool did you use to write the update with?

The block found @ 0x1A9 is near the end of dash.xex which is why you're getting E71 (it's not handled correctly, probably not written properly to 0x3FF by whatever tool you used to write with, or possibly the original block cannot be erased properly and will therefor still retain parts of the old data which isn't what is supposed to be there)

-xeBuild_GUI_2.097

-Simple 360 NAND Flasher By Swizzy v1.4b (BETA)

http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144.0

I am stucked in the step 7. :(

Yeah, for whatever reason the block isn't being erased or written properly which is why you're getting the E71 error, do you have access to a hardware flasher such as NAND-X or similar? you need to erase all blocks 2-3 times, then do a full write with a clean image and remapping according to the actual badblocks, this would be done by erasing, writing a clean image (disable all forms of remapping in xeBuild -> enter advanced mode for this!) and dumping the nand again, this image will have your actual badblocks, use that to build a new image and you should be good to go in the future

This CAN be done with Simple 360 NAND Flasher aswell, however i cannot guarantee that it'll have quite the same effects as Simple 360 NAND Flasher only erase once followed by writing, you might need it to erase multiple times, i could maybe make it a option in a future version to make it erase multiple times before flashing each block, also with Simple 360 NAND Flasher you are risking that the console might not boot after you write the clean image (if one of the badblocks happen to end up in xam.xex for instance) which would require a hardware flasher to fix it

No i have no access to a hardware flasher. :/

So i have no choice but to try the second option.

¿Like this?

1- Dump my currently (recently installed on my Xbox 360) Nand onto my flashdrive with Simple 360 NAND Flasher. (Which is giving me the E71)
2- Using xeBuild_GUI_2.097 generate my new Nand disabling all forms of remapping (remapping/ECDremapping) in Advanced mode with the Nand i dumped in step 1.
3- Then insert my flash drive and write it again with Simple 360 NAND Flasher.

that's the start, yeah...

To continue where you left off:

4- Dump the nand again

5- Build a new image with the default settings in xeBuild GUI using the dump made in step 4

6- Flash this with Simple 360 NAND Flasher