RealModScene
Chrishockey55

Dashlaunch 3.16 : 17489 kernel support added

The famous Xbox 360 developper cOz release today a new version of the 360 master application : Dashlaunch, now in version 3.16 .This new version bring the support of the 17489 kernel.

Changelog :

V3.16

– updated spanish translation

– add 17489

dash_launch_v3.16.zip

• Like 10

im currently on version 3.07 so i think its time to update. i read in the readme file it says do not install on a glitch machine? so should i wait since i have rgh2?

im currently on version 3.07 so i think its time to update. i read in the readme file it says do not install on a glitch machine? so should i wait since i have rgh2?

Not sure where in the readme you found that?

Can someon tell me how to delete and reinstall dashlaunch ? Because when I get the new version it doesnt prompt me to update.
Is there something more than deleting it from hard drive and pasting it again ?

Can someon tell me how to delete and reinstall dashlaunch ? Because when I get the new version it doesnt prompt me to update.

Is there something more than deleting it from hard drive and pasting it again ?

Dashlaunch is installed in flash:\ if it doesn't prompt you to install/update it, it's because you're already running the latest version...

Dashlaunch is installed in flash:\ if it doesn't prompt you to install/update it, it's because you're already running the latest version...

No its not the latest version! I think it was 3.15 or 3.14

I've pasted dashlaunch 3.16 at HDD:\ and ran it using XEXMenu but it didn't prompt me to update :(

Is there any guide how to reinstall because i think I've messed it all up... ?

You want to update both the kernel and dashlaunch together, so just read my tutorial on kernel updating linked to from my signature below... if you follow the steps in that tutorial along with using the files linked to by the tutorial, you'll have 3.16 installed...

Yes I've updated the kernel but there was the folder of old version dashlaunch and when i started it said 3.14 thats why i thought it wasnt updated.
So I can delete the old version folder from my HDD ?

Yes I've updated the kernel but there was the folder of old version dashlaunch and when i started it said 3.14 thats why i thought it wasnt updated.

So I can delete the old version folder from my HDD ?

Yes, well the version in the top left is actually the installer version, i'm not sure the actual dashlaunch version is displayed anywhere... not sure tho...

Not sure where in the readme you found that?

my mistake, read it wrong, it says for a kayvault yada yada, so n/a for me. i already updated my kernal is it just a matter of copying dashlaunch files now? to upgrade.

my mistake, read it wrong, it says for a kayvault yada yada, so n/a for me. i already updated my kernal is it just a matter of copying dashlaunch files now? to upgrade.

If you followed my tutorial, your dashlaunch is already up-to-date, if you wish to use the new installer, just copy that and voila, you've got the new installer...

yeah i couldve sworn i used your tut, my fsd is 3.07 tho so idk. i think i only updated my kernal.

Yeah... FSD don't have "3.07", Dashlaunch 3.07 don't work with 17xxx kernels, and my tutorial is ONLY for the kernel but it also includes the new dashlaunch (if you didn't tell it not to install it), if you launch the installer, the version in the top left corner is the installer version, not the actual Dashlaunch version...

Ok I'm going to have to fix this today. I'll just use the autolaunch. I could've swore i read somewhere it will display wrong version or something. Is there a feature I can check to see. Really I'll probably just use the launcher when I get home. Have to update xex menu while I'm at it. Don't want to get screwed because I didn't update. Like last night I was like shit it says I need DL 3.03 I think, so it crossed my mind. Better to be safe then sorry esp if I do another stupid thing like install something wrong.

XEXMenu hasn't been updated for many many many years, the last version was 1.1, after that there's been the occasional modded version, mainly with new skins...

Just download Dashlaunch 3.16, the latest version... the old ones aren't needed anymore since you're on a higher version then they support anyways

Yeah for sures. Esp since dash launch is my main "software" needed to do everything else. 3.16 later on today.

There's not a xex menu 1.2? seen it somewhere but I remember not using for some reason. When I looked to download it all I found was 1.1 I think. Maybe that's why I didn't update xexmenu

Yeah for sures. Esp since dash launch is my main "software" needed to do everything else. 3.16 later on today.

There's not a xex menu 1.2? seen it somewhere but I remember not using for some reason. When I looked to download it all I found was 1.1 I think. Maybe that's why I didn't update xexmenu

Like i said, it's mods... mainly new skins... 1.1 is the last official XEXMenu release

I jtaged my Xbox around 3 years ago and recently ive been having difficulties. Anytime i try to play any game after clicking the games don't show up.What can be the problem. 

• Like 1

I jtaged my Xbox around 3 years ago and recently ive been having difficulties. Anytime i try to play any game after clicking the games don't show up.What can be the problem.

Most likely, you're still on a old kernel, if you've not updated the kernel for 3 years that's 99.999999....% the reason for the problem if it happens with recent games but not old ones

My xbox still has FSD 3.0. How far am I from the most updated dashboard?

I'm really new to this. Hope someone is kind enough to help me :(

Impossible to say, FSD 3 has several revisions, and that's not even important... you want to run Aurora these days, and kernel is what you want to be looking at... (that's what runs the games!)