RealModScene
Kosti

XBox 360 Noob Questions

Well, its done!!

:animier:

Dashboard Kernel updated to 17489, although from some of the tutorials I read it suggested to pull the power once it rebooted, but I missed this step due to not watching while the NAND was being updated  :unsure:  it booted fine so i just done the pulled the power on my next reboot, so not sure if this step is actually now required?

I also read I has to enable "disable FCRT ban check so as to not break thr DVDROM, but this was grayed out  :huh: I done the check KV and my DVD Keys showed up, but is my DVD still married to the console?  :blink:

Continuing on and following some of the steps, I added Aurora0.5b and XexMenu1.2 as well as DashLaunch3.16

I also watched a few awesome vidz by xXModdedWarfareXx these were very well done, so whoever that guy is, deserves a medal  :respect:

Now I just need to understand the Aurora Skin and how to configure it up, I have no DLC or any games added yet as I need to sort that but for now I will see if I can add in an emulator like MAME to have a play around

BTW - I've not connected the Kinetic Unit yet, to the console, will this need updating as well?

Big thanks to Swizzy for some very cool tools and scorpNZ for some tips  :thumbup:

PEACE

Kosti

Well, its done!!

:animier:

Dashboard Kernel updated to 17489, although from some of the tutorials I read it suggested to pull the power once it rebooted, but I missed this step due to not watching while the NAND was being updated  :unsure:  it booted fine so i just done the pulled the power on my next reboot, so not sure if this step is actually now required?

I also read I has to enable "disable FCRT ban check so as to not break thr DVDROM, but this was grayed out  :huh: I done the check KV and my DVD Keys showed up, but is my DVD still married to the console?  :blink:

Continuing on and following some of the steps, I added Aurora0.5b and XexMenu1.2 as well as DashLaunch3.16

I also watched a few awesome vidz by xXModdedWarfareXx these were very well done, so whoever that guy is, deserves a medal  :respect:

Now I just need to understand the Aurora Skin and how to configure it up, I have no DLC or any games added yet as I need to sort that but for now I will see if I can add in an emulator like MAME to have a play around

BTW - I've not connected the Kinetic Unit yet, to the console, will this need updating as well?

Big thanks to Swizzy for some very cool tools and scorpNZ for some tips  :thumbup:

PEACE

Kosti

Pulling power is only for when you've replaced the SMC, it's a good idea to check after each flash that it boots fine from powerless state (with the SMC being reloaded)

the FCRT check is only for slim consoles... not sure what you meant with "disable FCRT ban check"?! there's no ban...

Yes, your kinect will likely need an update aswell, you'll notice when you plug it in ;) if it says "An update is required..." then you just need to install the avatar update once again...

Sweet, I did update $$ystem after I flashed the Nand so by connecting the kinect will it perform the same "avatar" update i previous updated? If so, then I just use the same technique I used via the $$ folder in the root of the USB yeah

Thanks mate - I should just plug it in, but I'm damn too tired and about to crash for the night

Cheers

Kosti

Sweet, I did update $$ystem after I flashed the Nand so by connecting the kinect will it perform the same "avatar" update i previous updated? If so, then I just use the same technique I used via the $$ folder in the root of the USB yeah

Thanks mate - I should just plug it in, but I'm damn too tired and about to crash for the night

Cheers

Kosti

Yes, it's the same update, however it's doing a different part of the update, instead of updating the avatar data it'll update the kinect firmware :)

Ok so I connected up the Kinect then the same USB stick but nothing happened

I assume it's either got the FW already as its from another console or I buggered up somewhere.

On a plus side I did get Mame to sort of work :)

So being playing around a little in Aurora, and getting homebrew apps showing up like MAME .. yeah! But now want to try to look at this HDD I have bought which had some demo and other content on it

If I play around with 360 Content, can I simply transfer these over to the internal HDD since I have removed this HDD from the original caddy I bought? If I plug this into my PC it shows a whole bunch of folders while being viewed in Horizon

Its hard to make out what I need to moves over, as some have green orb next to them and others are grayed out while others seems to be saved files and then there are title update folders, avatar etc

Any hints on what I should be moving across

HDDHorizon_zpscbtsoj1d.jpg

PEACE

Kosti

EDIT - I was looking at Velocity, seems to organise these in a little more details, just trying to figure out if I just have maps then I don't have the actual game right? EX. I was looking in Halo and it appears these are maps not the game

Best to copy not move.Unless you have enough space on the pc to create an image of it,i think party buffalo will do it.I'd copy all of whatever  games i would play

Ok I will look at Buffalo app however as mentioned some appear to be either saved or maps not actual game so not point in copying stuff I'm interested in only to find out I don't have the actual game

I will keep fumbling through it

Cheers

Kosti

Its it save to assume that if the installer folder the file in this folder shows as title update then its not the whole title but just an update and of no use to me to add to my new HDD as I don't have the original title?

partybuffalo_zpszinblljb.jpg

OK, cool, got it, thanks scorp!

Thanks again everyone, I think the xbox is now at a point to move to the kids room

Cheers

Kosti

Just checking comparability I think I missed a step as all I dine was transfer the folder over to HDDX

Did I need to execute a file? I've seen some comments about running this first?

If I run the files now what is on this hidden partition that could bigger up my current setup?

Thanks

Kosti

You don't need to execute anything, you just need to transfer the data... that's it...

The missed step you mention is more than likely partition setup if you do it on the xbox which auto configures using the partition installer.You already have it your ready to go

Ok I'm not sure if this partition exists so for clarity since I have formatted the drive as per the steps from previous page and I've transferred the data to HDDX then I'm good

Cool

So with aurora how important is the setting up of folder depth as in some cases I gave a value of 6 levels then in some I went down to 7 but either level still found the content I was adding

Do I count from root / until the xex file or up to the folder before the xex file

Thanks

Kosti

Ok I'm not sure if this partition exists so for clarity since I have formatted the drive as per the steps from previous page and I've transferred the data to HDDX then I'm good

Cool

So with aurora how important is the setting up of folder depth as in some cases I gave a value of 6 levels then in some I went down to 7 but either level still found the content I was adding

Do I count from root / until the xex file or up to the folder before the xex file

Thanks

Kosti

1 goes 1 level down from root... so yeah, root to xex, setting the depth too deep will only make it slower as it'll scan files that don't match...

So far so good chaps, so thank you very much for the assistance.

My next step is to see if I can get XBMC or now Kodi running on the xbox 360, do you guys use it at all as I want to retire the atv2 since it doesn't support 1080p and has bugger all space to buffer

On a side note, if Aurora/Unity doesn't find the the cover, how can I resolve it? Its for a XBLA title for Sega Big Bass Fishing if I recall correctly 

Thanks

Kosti

• Like 1

My next step is to see if I can get XBMC or now Kodi running on the xbox 360, do you guys use it at all as I want to retire the atv2 since it doesn't support 1080p and has bugger all space to buffer

On a side note, if Aurora/Unity doesn't find the the cover, how can I resolve it? Its for a XBLA title for Sega Big Bass Fishing if I recall correctly 

Thanks

Kosti

You're not going to be able to get XBMC or Kodi running on the 360. Sorry to say.

I'm partial to raspberry Pi 2 for running Kodi. It has a 1GHz Processor and 1GB of RAM to handle some of the most taxing skins out there... AeonMQ6, Aeon Nox etc. I can usually put one together for about $70-80 USD, including case, hdmi, SD card, power supply etc. Not bad for a $35 credit card sized Linux computer. I run it with OSMC and it handles all my media in full 1080p glory. They also have a $5 model available called Raspberry Pi Zero, just less memory (512MB) and ports, but half the size. Pi's are a little more DIY, so don't expect an Apple TV that just works when you plug it in. But if you want Kodi, then you already want something beyond what ATV can offer (except Netflix, lolz). It's not too hard to set up, but if you're not up to it, just get a Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Firestick, newer ATV, etc.

For your cover, Unity shows 2 covers available for Sega Bass Fishing, maybe go to the site and push it to your Xbox. Or try to download missing assets from the content section in Aurora. If all else fails use Swizzy's asset editor and manually upload it to your box.

Hey Quattro

Love the name, I want an RS4 wagon one day  :money:

As for replacing the ATV2 the issue is it doesn't have the space to buffer otherwise I would keep it and because my internet is crap it needs to buffer a fair amount, I wouldn't mind trying a Pi, but the idea to was reduce the amount of items in the TV cabinet and was hoping the X360 could be capable of running a media player like Kodi, same XMBC stated on the Xbox and didn't make it to the 360

Thanks for the info I will try and fix the cover

Cheers

Kosti

Thanks

Kosti

XBMC/KODI will NOT work on Xbox 360 sorry...

You might be able to run it using the Xbox Emulator, however it'll have very limited features... essentially, it's not going to be what you hope it to be...

Regarding the cover, if nobody uploaded the cover to xboxunity, there can be no cover to find... if the game isn't even on there, then you'll have to have it added before someone can upload a cover for that particular game

Aurora uses the TitleID to match the games, so if the TitleID you have don't match what's on xboxunity, that'd by wht it doesn't find it...

Thanks Swizzy

I read a few posts regarding XBMC/Kodi 

This one HERE which pointed to the xbox classic compatibility thread, but it would appear this is a dead end and I'd rather not sit there trying only to be disappointed and not work

On a side note, I've not confirmed that I can play and classics as I do have some DISCs just need to sit down and try it when the kids are out as everytime its on, we are all playing fruit ninja and bowling, damn good fun!

PEACE

Kosti 

EDIT - hey so has anyone tried XBMC4Xbox 3.5.1 from HERE

Hey Quattro

Love the name, I want an RS4 wagon one day :money:

As for replacing the ATV2 the issue is it doesn't have the space to buffer otherwise I would keep it and because my internet is crap it needs to buffer a fair amount, I wouldn't mind trying a Pi, but the idea to was reduce the amount of items in the TV cabinet and was hoping the X360 could be capable of running a media player like Kodi, same XMBC stated on the Xbox and didn't make it to the 360

Thanks for the info I will try and fix the cover

Cheers

Kosti

Not sure how determined you are to play your media on the 360, but if you had a dual nand, you could install the plex app on the retail side. It's probably as close to xbmc/Kodi as you'll get.

Biggest difference with Plex is that you have to serve your library from another computer, that's why I don't like it.

If 3.5 didn't work neither will 3.5.1...If xbmc could run on the 360 it would've been done by now.If you want discretion then laptop with kodi installed or just bite the bullet place the desktop along side the tv or nearby you'll get used to it i did..lol..

• Like 1

@Quattro, not a fan of plex since my library is not available on my local LAN due to shutdown of server - I am working on a watercooled server but that is a few months away from being completed

@scorp - i wanted to reduce the amount of items i am powering to provide TV entertainment and and if i could combine them in an all in one i would

We have a PayTV service, Xbox360, PS3 & 4 and ATV, so the PS3 has been retired as the content on the 360 is better IMO and the PS4 will be sold since I do not see any exploits coming to it soon by way of custom FW like the PS3. The ATV just doesn't perform well when it needs to buffer due to the space on the ATV and my ISP, so was hoping it would have been ported but it hasn't as if the emulation of the xbox1 doesnt do it, then my only option would be to use something like a NUC and sell of the ATV2 & 3

Still I am very happy with the end result of the xbox360 so I will just focus on building my titles DB

Cheers

Kosti

Hey Team

I am wondering how difficult is it to system link a retail and jtag to play over my LAN?

In Aurora I have verified all settings have "passed" and have the API key from Unity, but when I check the dashboard the System Link is still grayed out - i do not have a xbox live account yet, do I need to create one on the retail console or will the retail console see the System Link from the JTAG and connect to a multiplayer game?

The kids want to play Minecraft across the network and this is easily done via apple ipads but I can't figure out how to do this on the consoles, it it because it required a live account?

Any guidance is as always appreciated

PEACE

Kosti

BTW - Merry Christmas to all!!