RealModScene
Kosti

XBox 360 Noob Questions

Hey Scorp

Right then that may explain it, I will check the link for which titles to test

So on the note of retail console can it multiplay with a jtag or do i need a real account on the retail 360 to play?

Also is FSD required to get system link working or was that the previous frontend ?

Thanks for the quick reply mate !

see no reason why linking can't be done between modded & un-modded consoles

local system link i think would be done in game,it may/not be necessary to use nxe on both consoles

System link will work between modded, and unmodded consoles. The only difference is the ping patch, which allows you to play on system link with people who are not on your LAN. You will have to unload the freestyle plugin on the jtag for this to work though.

• Like 1

Hey All

Its been a while, so kids are on school holidays, so after a new overhaul and update to 17502 on the kids XBOX360, I wanted to get some other titles working in particular some old xbox title which seems to be working on Jtag/RGH 360 but I am running into the following error when I try to launch one of the game - Taito Legends

"This original xbox game has encountered a problem and can't continue.
 Error Code x:5829.0 b:5829.0"

It works up to the main title start up screen but once I pick a game to play within the main screen I get the below message..

"This original xbox game has encountered a problem and can't continue.
 Error Code x:5829.0 b:5829.0"

My "Compatibility" folder on my Xbox360 HDD had the following contents:

-> Xbox1
 -> TDATA
 -> UDATA

Within the "TDATA" & "UDATA" subfolders there are another subfolder.

So not sure where to go from here do I need to move this particular title to Partition 2?

Thanks
Kosti

It doesn't go to that partition that's for sure...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Check the compatibility list to see if there's any issues related to the game.

If all your files are in the right place it will play,the fact it doesn't suggests it never will

Thanks Guys

I think the problem is perhaps related to how I extracted it? It was an iso which I converted to god and added this into the HDD1:Content/0000000000000000/

So perhaps this is where I went wrong? (I've been trying to convert all my games to GOD, is this not a good method as most of them are usually in ISO XGD2? Now other Xbox gen 1 games are working ok and this particular title does start, so its possible something else is corrupted (I admit this title is for me to play, LOL so I would love to see those old games again) :)

The ask other question I wanted to confirm is DLC - I read that these belomg in the HDD1:Content/0000000000000000/<gametitleID>/00000002/DLC - so if the <gametitleID> doesn't have the 00000002 folder, one creates it and adds the DLC files in there, do if their is a 00000002 folder, do I still add the DLC's in the same folder?

Also with TU these seem a little tricky as I assume they can live in a number of locations?

So location is usually Hdd1:/cache/

Do I just put the TU without any folders, just dump the entire file like this  Hdd1:/cache/tu00000001_00000000 or Hdd1:/cache/TU.19/tu00000001_00000000

As always appreciate you lads helping out and keeping the Kids assumed

PEACE

Kosti

You add the folder if it doesn't exist, and yes you put any and all dlc in that folder...

Old TU's go into cache, new ones go into the content path as a general rule... it's probably size based as old TU's are very small in general and new ones are very big

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks again all for the feedback and guidance chaps! 

Well I managed to get this TU sorted for this title by using horizon to push the TU to a USB stick and then move it from the USB stick via the nxe 360 dash and it put it where it should go :)

This created a 3rd folder HDD1:Content/0000000000000000/<gametitleID>/0000B000 from memory and I had created the 00000002 folder for thebunch of files as the DLC wasn't just one file it was a bunch of files.

I somehow buggered it up and I just deleted the title and reinstalled it, pushed the TU via USB and the game finally saw the DLC, kids were happy and I was a super dad once again :)

I honestly thought TU was performed by Aurora? So does that mean I need to do this for all my other titles?

PEACE

Kosti

• Like 1

Thanks again all for the feedback and guidance chaps! 

Well I managed to get this TU sorted for this title by using horizon to push the TU to a USB stick and then move it from the USB stick via the nxe 360 dash and it put it where it should go :)

This created a 3rd folder HDD1:Content/0000000000000000/<gametitleID>/0000B000 from memory and I had created the 00000002 folder for thebunch of files as the DLC wasn't just one file it was a bunch of files.

I somehow buggered it up and I just deleted the title and reinstalled it, pushed the TU via USB and the game finally saw the DLC, kids were happy and I was a super dad once again :)

I honestly thought TU was performed by Aurora? So does that mean I need to do this for all my other titles?

PEACE

Kosti

TU's can be managed by Aurora aswell, if they're available on xboxunity.net (or have been scanned on the local console)

All this time I had no idea there was TU updates just covers on xboxunity... :wallbash:  :wallbash: 

OK so I need to understand why they don't get updated on my console since I have an account on xboxunity -  is it because most of my titles are in GOD / XBLA format and dumped in the HDD1:Content/0000000000000000/ location?

I've tried to use Aurora to search for TU update, but it doesn't add anything and so something is not right with my configurations.. For example I was trying to get minecraft DLC's working and this came with a TU.19 that I grabbed a while back. So I pushed to the console as per Horizon using the above method in my previous post..

So last night I checked xboxunity and saw there are more TU for minecraft like up in the 30's for same title, so why Aurora doesn't seem to update them on my console or is this a manual process?  :huh:

Side note - I did fix one issue with my PATHs in Aurora configuration and that was I was entering a path for every title I had and although this worked ok, it was a pain to manage all these paths, so I then tried to just point the path to the following HDD1:Content/0000000000000000/ and selected a depth of 7 and all my covers redownloaed and fixed my missing cover for Bass Fishing, but some cover came up blank again..

I've almost got this thing licked but still learning and now that I know I can download TU via unity I will just pushed them vie the USB method :thumbsup:

PEACE

Kosti

Dont expect TU to automatically update themselves.. You should go to TU section in aurora and then download the latest TU available and then the most important activate it after downloading..

For the cover issue.. I dont recommend making paths for each game as you will end up in 100's of paths.. just make one path for the whole folder of games(make sure you increase the scan depth a bit).. Check if those games have cover on xboxunity..

If xboxunity has covers you must and you will have them on your xbox..

• Like 1

Dont expect TU to automatically update themselves.. You should go to TU section in aurora and then download the latest TU available and then the most important activate it after downloading..

Yes, I've tried TU update in Aurora, it scans but but no files are downloaded and no TU show up anywhere so I must be doing something wrong? Do I need to be logged into xboxunity, as my credentials are in the fields and API key from memory

Is it good practice to have all files in GOD or leave them as ISO as I thought GOD reduced the foot print of the game by padding where required, or is it still the same size? Not that it matters in terms of size as I am now using a 1TB drive.

Mmm, I've going to just manually try a few for now

Cheers

Kosti

Are you pressing the 'scan for TU' button(or something similar which is present in 'paths' section? If yes, That does not actually download the TU.. Im not sure what it does but im 100% sure that it doesnot download the TU.. Maybe checks how many TU you have on your console or something else..

There is a different section for downloading the tu.. When you see synopsis of games.. There are different options on the left side.. When you press left on the dpad the option changes to something else.. For ex- when you press left onthe launch button(in synopsis) it changes to launch trainer..(dont remember exactly if it is left or right, it is all written on the screen)

Not sure if you need to log in unity.. Not sure.. But you will not lose anything if you login..

What do you mean by api key from memory?

Dont know about god or iso's ..i dont have many games .. Out of which some are god and some are iso.. I usually convert the game ingod format when it has more than 2 discs and when its size is huge.. Ex wolfenstein tno..

Another thing you are missing out on a lot features aurora has and its capabilities..

I reccomem you to read the release post's of aurora 0.3b onwards..

Everytime i read these posts i learn something new

• Like 1

When you convert to GOD the Baseversion might not be copied properly, if it's not there Aurora won't know what TU's belongs to that game

What the scan feature does is check what TU's you have installed on your system and copy them to local storage

Sent from my SM-G903F

OK, this is what I done

I pick a title say minecraft then select Y scroll down to Title Updates, then right bumper and download a TU, in this case I grabbed #35 for minecraft then left bumper and enable that TU..ok that's fine I can do this but always assumes it grabbed the latest TU without my choosing a title and drilling down to getting them manually and I am not sure about base version since I am only now starting to figure all this out..

What's the tip for changing title covers and I can see them and can download them to my HDD but can I choose different covers in Aurora?

On another side note, I ran into an issue with a title that was in a folder so the title was already extracted from an iso or ripped form disc, when I used createISO and then iso2GOD. However when I launch the title in my console the game it doesn't load at all and so I tried the process again a few times with the same issue.

I did get the title working just by FTP the whole folder to the console and pointed a path to it in Aurora and the title works fine...So I am not sure now why this occurred and now starting to worry I have converted almost all my titles to GOD and fear I may have to reverse some due to this issue, so far two titles didn't work when converted to GOD..

On a final note, Hey Swizzy did u end up finishing off XISO extractor GUI? maybe I can try this or xbox backup creator still good enough :)

Cheers

Kosti

Minecraft's latest tu is only available in the forums as it's too big to upload to xboxunity...

Haven't had time to fix a issue with some iso's (primarily old ones with empty folders in them) other then that it works fine afaik... you can still use Xbox Image Browser or even exiso...

Sent from my SM-G903F

So I was a little bored due to the crappy whether and while the kids were out I took the console and gave it a clean and tried to make it cooler since temps where sitting around 70oC with about 10 degrees different between cpu and gpu

IMG_3220_zpsmutbplxd.jpg

I removed the motherboard from the console and cleaned up all the thermal paste above, I then added some copper shims .05mm and .3mm on cpu and gpu below added a touch of thermal paste on both sides added back HSF and installed back into console

IMG_3222_zpsu5v8otqj.jpg

You can see the temps below after about 10min of gaming below, I forgot to take a picture prior to this quikc mod but it did help a lot dropped about 10oC-20oC with no change in Fan speeds :thumbsup:-  I may tweak the fan upto about 50% in dashlaunch just to be safe since it lived in the kids room..

IMG_32231_zps8zvnwzau.jpg

Caution though since these shims are conductive you have to be careful how you replace the heatsinks otherwise you could short this out and blow up your console. Its probably an over kill and just a fresh coat of thermal paste would probably be enough to bring down temps, but as copper is a better thermal conductor and I had them from another mod I done on a few tablets, so I figured why not give it a go

Now to play around and find a cool skin to use in Aurora!

PEACE

Kosti

I recommend changing the target temperatures rather then setting a static fanspeed... that way it will dynamically change the speed as required...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I recommend changing the target temperatures rather then setting a static fanspeed... that way it will dynamically change the speed as required...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Cool, LOL, thanks for that you've always been very helpful with great tips and feedback, thanks for taking the time to share the love!

I went through and performed title updates on the titles I have backed up on my xboxHDD, and not sure if this is normal, but if I change profiles are these still using the same TU or must I do this for all profiles

I ask as I noticed in Aurora, when I change profile, titles that are hidden show up when these were marked as hidden in Aurora menu, is this a bug in Aurora or how is' supposed to work?

PEACE

Kosti

Cool, LOL, thanks for that you've always been very helpful with great tips and feedback, thanks for taking the time to share the love!

I went through and performed title updates on the titles I have backed up on my xboxHDD, and not sure if this is normal, but if I change profiles are these still using the same TU or must I do this for all profiles

I ask as I noticed in Aurora, when I change profile, titles that are hidden show up when these were marked as hidden in Aurora menu, is this a bug in Aurora or how is' supposed to work?

PEACE

Kosti

Game settings are all per-profile, hide a game with a profile and it'll show with the others, regarding TU's, i believe they'll be disabled on other profiles (deleted when launching the game with that profile)

Oh no I hope they don't get deleted...damn, they took ages to dwnld from my crappy ISP....

So I found a Avatar package that contained about 2GB of what I think are Avatars, they all seem to be GOD type structure folder for example there is a Bruce Lee folder (413607D7/00009000/00000008CAAC0232C4B90861413607D7) where should I be putting these should I just FTP them into content folder or add them to a USB stick and just move them from the USB to the console?

Cheers

Kosti

Oh no I hope they don't get deleted...damn, they took ages to dwnld from my crappy ISP....

So I found a Avatar package that contained about 2GB of what I think are Avatars, they all seem to be GOD type structure folder for example there is a Bruce Lee folder (413607D7/00009000/00000008CAAC0232C4B90861413607D7) where should I be putting these should I just FTP them into content folder or add them to a USB stick and just move them from the USB to the console?

Cheers

Kosti

They're still in Aurora's storage, just not in the Xbox 360 location...

They should be in your profile folder...

Sent from my SM-G903F

no me puedo conectar al xboxunity por pc o xbo360 bodas, 

como solicitó su contraseña se ha restablecido a: tengola contracenia i nada que puedo acer