RealModScene
Kosti

XBox 360 Noob Questions

Start your own thread & use english..or find a forum who speak whatever language your using as google translate isn't translating what your asking properly

• Like 1

google translate isn't translating what your asking properly

It's Brazilian Portuguese, regardless, this is like you pointed out a english forum...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Just a brief update, I've yet to obtain my caddy off ebay, so while waiting I found in the local trader a 60GB HDD and plugged this into the xbox

It popped up with a number of profiles obviously from previous owner and I can play some of the games, which I assume are trials of some sort, quick question before I wipe the drive out, can I tranfer the games onto my new HDD or are they linked to the profiles

Thanks

Kosti

Your console looks like a JTAG. I might wrong tho.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Your console looks like a JTAG. I might wrong tho.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

It is a JTAG, you arent wrong..... this thread is also super old, and inactive..... So I would call this a pointless post, as this was answered previously in this thread,

Greeting and Happy Holidays RMS Crew and Peeps!

Another year, wow how time flys and now with school holidays again and I'm at it once more trying to keep the kids under control during the school holidays. I recently acquired an RGH Black Japser and wanting to know the best method to clone the drive from my current JTAG HDD over to the newly acquired RGH with the same size internal HDD.

I have a 1TB in my white 360 and was hoping I could simply clone the entire drive over to another 1TB HDD for use in the black 360. I was going to try an use a clone app in windows, but not sure which is ideal for an Xbox formatted drive as I was planing on using easeus partition to clone? Should I perhaps use xplorer360 1TB version to back up each partition then add this to the new HDD, or alternatively I could just use fileziller and FTP across each file which would take forever.

Ideally I don't want to sit and watch this for the next 30+ hours it could potentially take to move each file across so wondering if there is a better smoother and faster option? I do have the old transfer xbox cable, but I read up this actually moves the content across and wipes the old drive, if only MS allowed to keep the content it would be less painful

So looking for advise to either

[1] Use Partition tool in windows to clone everything or use the APP to only copy what has been used on the drive

[2] Use xplorer360 to comply image to a storage drive then use the restore option on the new drive

[3] FTP all content from one drive to the new

[4] Backup main drive via either step 1-3 then use transfer cable to move content to new drive, then restore backup to wiped drive (original HDD) after transfer completes

Please let me know as only 4 days until XMAS where I plan to give them the RGH box

PEACE

Kosti

Apparently its possible to clone an original xbox hdd by using HDDRawCopy.Its also used to do ps2 hard drives.I see no reason why it won't do a 360.Its a pc app.It may be necessary to run as admin.To use any other partitioner software on a pc you'll need to use sector by sector.However i'm not aware of any that can copy a 360 drive.I've tried others attempting to do an original xbox hdd,however it only created C & E & didn't create or copy data on F & G.Its worth a shot with hd raw.Otherwise my advice format the drive in the xbox then use a pc app to transfer data to it while it's in a usb case.Partybuffalo should be able to do it.Can't remember if 360 content manager can move data while drive is connected to a pc.Failing that ftp or 360 content manager,while hdd is in 360

You can clone the hdd using any tool available that clones a full disk, and not just the partitions. The disks have to be the same size or it wont work, and you will still have to worry about corrupted data, as those tools arent looking for bad blocks on the disk, just copying the data as it sits on one drive to another. A simple tool that I have found works for this is the linux command dd. something simple like dd=/dev/sda<Disk to copy> of=/dev/sdb<disk to copy to> bs=2048 then just wait.until it goes back to the prompt. Once you are done with that, you need to get the UUID of the partitions, and patch them into the aurora database, or else you will have to rescan, and download all tu's and coverflow data.

Hey Guys

As always thanks for the quick reply!

I've been doing a look around and came across FATXplorer, just don't know much about it and I am hoping the 7 day trial will be enough just not sure if it will clone the HDD.

I was thinking of using a raspi and use linux command dd  to make a simple clone device, but my raspi is only usb2 so that would be slower than FTP :P

I may just try and build it from scratch and Filzilla to FTP, I'm pretty sure 1TB of data will take forever!

Have a great XMAS and NY

PEACE

Kosti

Hey Chaps

I found this previous thread on something similar to what I want to do HERE

So in one comment in there by Swizzy

You should be able to use the HD Transfer cable and Aurora... if memory serves me right, that kit shows up as a separate device, this would allow you to copy the contents from it... just like you would with anything else...

Obviously tho, you'll probably need to run a secondary instance of Aurora (from USB) to avoid any file locks ;) (make sure you unload the FSD Plugin aswell if you started from the HDD first)

How would this work? Anyone tried this?

Also another comment from the same thread by gavin_darkglider

I can think of 4 ways to do this off the top of my head, without the transfer cable.

1. FTP the content to your computer, then copy it back when you install the new HDD.

2. Copy the content to a USB HDD, then copy it back to the new HDD.

3. take both HDDS that are formated for the xbox, and plug them into the computer, and use an xtaf program to extract/inject the files into the new HDD Filesystem.

4. Have 2 Jtag consoles, with XBDM configured as a DL plugin, and use Xbox360 Neighborhood(Requires a copy of the XDK on you computer.) to copy the data from one to the other.

With the above option 3, is xtaf replaced by party buffalo? I am not sure about the injecting stuff and I am getting confused on how to make a like for like HDD...

PEACE

Kosti

Hey All

Bit of an update..not going so well

I used Xplorer360-1tb to back a backup image of my current 1TB drive from my JTAG 360, all good their as its about 900MB+ is the image size

I then powered up my new RGH and had installed a new 1TB HDD and formatted this in the xbox360, then used my xbox transfer cable to connect up my  JTAG360 HDD and waited for the transfer message to pop up, but nothing..I go to the storage and it shows 2 devices yet the JTAG HDD is showing up as unformatted..WTF?

I tried a number of different combinations, with the transfer cable but no dice!, i read on a few threads here and there suggesting the HDD is shot, but I plug this back into the original XBox and all games profiles etc are fine..what gives?

I'm going to try and buy another transfer cable, and will also buy a couple of new 1TB HDD as mine have been kicking around for a few years now, but I am confused why I was simply just going to use the transfer cable to "move" the content on to the new HDD in the RGH box and then restore the wiped HDD from the back up image..

I'm losing my mind...Any idea chaps?

PEACE

Kosti

Happy New 2018 RMS teams!

Finally sorted this HDD transfer over, was the damn China copy version of the MS cable, after I bought one online, I was able to backed up my drive, transfer content via XBOX and off it went. One thing the XBOX didn't transfer was any mulitdisc games I had an a unique folder, apart from that seems to be ok as I tested and play some random games and it doesn't look like that after a fresh format and a image restore anything is broken although I came across Minecraft Story Mode Black Screens now, apart from that, it all seems ok

I know Xplorer360-1tb is old and probably no longer used or supported but I found it doesn't state restore was completed, its just hangs or zombies, so after leaving for about 30 minutes after the progress bar had completed I just hit cancelled and it appears it actually restored from the backup image perfectly. (make sure you run it in admin mode)

I did find some useful comments about XBOX and MS OS regarding Xplorer, so I've linked it here for future references

How to Fix Xbox HDD

PEACE

Kosti

G'Day Mates!

Once again school holiday period and I'm at it again trying to keep the kids under control! This time with a surprise console for my son's birthday in 5 days! as I've found a nice Star-Wars console which has a Corona V1 mainboard. Now I've been trying to gather all the details in order to attempt to RGH1.2 for this awesome looking X360 console and I have a few questions before I write to the NAND

I have spent a number of hours tonight trying to get the J-R Programmer V2 ebay Clone running on WIn10Pro latest build and it was a challenge, lucky I had a MTX SPI NAND Flasher that i was able to use and read the Xbox360 NAND and confirmed my wiring was ok and when I finally got the JRV2 running and visible in jrunner I compared both NAND reads from each device and they where the same, YEAH!..so which brings me back to the question on which Dash version must you need to be on or does it not matter?

When reading the NAND, it shows Patch 0 = 17511 & Patch 1=17502, should I have updated the dash before I attempt to glitch? Do I need to have the console on the latest version of FW, eg. 17511?

Next was when reading about the SMC patching issue and how this version of jrunner 17511, SMC still are not pre-patched, and that I would need to modify the options_edited.ini, and make sure the patchsmc=true, then enable the the edited options in j-runner, and build your jtag image without the r-jtag checkbox enabled, it will skip the patching that j-runner does, and xebuild will patch the smc limit. (snip taken from HERE) so can anyone break this down for me, what is the issue if I don't perform this?

I will be using a X360ACE V3 for the glitching and adding in a 2TB Slim HDD.

Finally I wanted to ask about sounds, as I noticed there is Sonus since the Starwars has sounds for powering up and ejecting it appears this is possible via jrunner but I need to look into this as it may require additional hardware which I do not have, but looks to be a cool feature as I don't want to lose these sounds if I write to the NAND..

BTW the dumping of the NAND between the JR & MTX is JR comes in faster with about 3.31min to read and the MTX was 7.03min which by the 4th read come down to about 6.38min

PEACE

Kosti

On 11/21/2015 at 5:36 AM, Kosti said:

Ok great so as for version of the compatibility files which is newer is it the 2011 version the last one that was hacked?

What are the differences or does it not matter??

Thanks again

On 11/21/2015 at 2:43 PM, scorpNZ said:

For modded consoles it'd be the hacked one which is i think v1 2007,it's the one i have & it works on halo 2 ok

The hacked one is the last version.. from july 2011.. simple google search will tell you this.. lol.. 

Thanks Felida, that was ages ago and I am using the July version, my query was for recent post as I'm trying to RGH1.2 a console myself, not something from a year ago, :P

so which brings me back to the question on which Dash version must you need to be on or does it not matter?

When reading the NAND, it shows Patch 0 = 17511 & Patch 1=17502, should I have updated the dash before I attempt to glitch? Do I need to have the console on the latest version of FW, eg. 17511?

Next was when reading about the SMC patching issue and how this version of jrunner 17511, SMC still are not pre-patched, and that I would need to modify the options_edited.ini, and make sure the patchsmc=true, then enable the the edited options in j-runner, and build your jtag image without the r-jtag checkbox enabled, it will skip the patching that j-runner does, and xebuild will patch the smc limit. (snip taken from HERE) so can anyone break this down for me, what is the issue if I don't perform this?

I will be using a X360ACE V3 for the glitching and adding in a 2TB Slim HDD.

Finally I wanted to ask about sounds, as I noticed there is Sonus option in jrunner and since the Starwars has sounds for powering up and ejecting it appears this is possible via jrunner to add boot up sounds and such but I need to look into this as it may require additional hardware which I do not have, but looks to be a cool feature as I don't want to lose these sounds if I write to the NAND..

Cheers

On 4/22/2018 at 8:27 PM, Kosti said:

Thanks Felida, that was ages ago and I am using the July version, my query was for recent post as I'm trying to RGH1.2 a console myself, not something from a year ago, :P

To get jrprogrammer to work, you need to disable driver signing, or use the sign patch method.. its the same as getting it to work in windows 8. And sorry haha..

AND you can always build a different version if the dash.. no need for 17511.. 17502 is ok, 17511 is only for using on xbl.. pointless for modded console..

Hello Felida,

YES, JRPV2 is weird!! seems to have a mind of its own...but I got it working :)

For now I've permanently placed win10 in test mode so no more worrying about driver signature, while I get everything loaded and working and the damn Win10 kept quarantining my jrunner.exe file, too but in the end the whole issue with the JRPV2 driver install was the damn switches, they must be so sensitive which was preventing it from being properly detected in WIN OS but once it went green , the drivers installed!

When I was ordering some components to perform the S-RGH on this StarWars console, I wasn't sure at the time what version it was and whether it was trinity or corona, as it wasn't opened up but after some reading once stripped I discovers it was V1 corona and didn't require any postfix QSB however while shopping I also grabbed a viper dual nand only to find out its for a trinity board only and not for a corona MB, so I cannot wiring in the Viper until I grab a Demon QSB board to just use the viper board on the corona.

Then because of all the reading I found out more about the sonus option and now wanted to add some cool sounds, but again another board is required as I've only found wiring without a Sonus QSB board for trinity MB and not corona's

Anyways, long story short,

Since this console is on 17502 in the current NAND, then just create the ECC and write this to the NAND, and not worry about 17511 then once Xell is on and LAN connected keys captured I should be able to wire up the ACE and glitch and load Aurora

BTW as I have a backup of the NAND, I can always revert back to clean NAND which removed the ECC writing of Xell right..

I better get cracking as I only have 3 days left to finish this before my Sons Bday!!

Thanks again

PEACE

Kosti

I've done it, finally S-RGH'd my Starwars Console, timing is crap but don't care right now, just used the AceV3 from the packet with no changes to files and with a few basic starts takes about 6 being the longest so far to glitch.

Now to bring the console from 17502 upto 17511, all I have done is used jrunner to load up the nanddump file, it grabbed my CPU key and created I created another xebuild update file this time with Dash 17511 which I have transferred to the root of a USB stick

When I put it back together I will hit eject and let Xell find the update.bin and update the dash this way.

For now, off to make a cuppa

PEACE

Kosti

You should be able to tweak the timing like any glitch chip, wire lengths, and routing make a difference. The nice thing about S-RGH, is that if you follow the instructions, how the light blinks will give you hints on best tuning process, between timing files, and whatever. I also had better boot times on a corona v1 with CR4 SMC image, over the S-RGH SMC. Long story short, you should be able to get it down to no more than 2 cycles. 

• Like 1

Thank U

Will try and see if I can get better timings but for now I need to put it back together and wrap it up :)

Hey All

Am really excited with how things have turned out with my consoles, and LiNK with kids playing and even performing my own S-RGH on a StarWars console. So it was time to update my original JTAG from the original post when I started this thread back in 2015 which was on an old dash and a suspect HDD, so I reformatted the drive, cleared cache used FATxplorer to transfer all folders & updated to latest dash etc

I noticed that in Aurora0.7b it's using Dashlaunch319, but I was using 3.18.1, (didn't know there was a new DL) so I just deleted the launch.ini file added in a new folder for DL3.19 and deleted the old 3.18.1 version. Setup DL3.19 reconfigured and saved the ini file to HDD, everything seemed to be working fine on the surface until I tried to launch xexmenu 1.2 from Aurora, and it would give a Fatal error intercepted, so I tried to find out why I couldn't run xexmenu anymore?

I read on here to uninstall dashlauch and xex would work, but after uninstalling dashlaunch when I try to run xexmenu it just black screens, nothing showing. I tried deleting xexmenu and reinstalling same result, I even tried to run xex version 1.1 still black screen, and now when I restart the console, after the xbox360logo, it would sit there with the cursor circling looking for my avatar profile to sign in, which takes ages stating can't connect to live and to test internet, choosing no, it signs in the profile then a pop up would appear to choose the only single profile and again taking ages before the NXE dash would appear. (BTW I could launch games via NXE just not xexmenu)

I could not get xex to work no matter what I tired, so I pulled out the HDD and looked at it via FATexplorer and found a file called xexloader.bin which I deleted, , I also deleted any files in the empty bin and content as performed by FATXplorer and proceeded to reinstalled xexmenu via the USB and it worked! XEXMENU now loads from the NXE dash so i proceeded to the DL folder 3.19 and was asked to install DL which seemed to zombied when trying to install so I turned off the console, reboot, ran xexmenu again from NXE and launched DL but this time it fired up and version 3.19, but the lanuch.ini file was on the flash?

Proceeded to setup dashlaunch saved ini file to HDD and it all appears ok, but now when I try to use the right bumper from a restart of dash, the NXE still takes ages as described above

What is or has been corrupted?  What can I do to test or fix the NXE start up issue taking ages?

Could this corrupted have occurred from a game or title update as I was performing the some TU?

Anyone have some idea's or seen this behaviour before?

Please let me know

Cheers

Kosti