RealModScene
drocker

Every Thing You Need to Know to Make LiNK Work

Firstly, thank you goes to all devs and people behind F3 and link. Guys, I know you must have put a lot of effort and time into this and I must say it has come out amazing.
Before I start with this guide I must confess that it is not entirely my work, i have taken bits and pieces from other users and of course the credits goes to them as well. I will mention them by names as we move down the guide.

Well, since we are done with formalities now lets get down to business.
PLEASE NOTE, REMEMBER WRITE IT DOWN OR WHATEVER WILL MAKE YOU REMEMBER THIS --- AS PER JPizzle YOUR NAT WILL ALWAYS BE STRICT FOR BLACK OP’S 2 NOT MATTER WHAT TRICK, TECHNIC, OR MAGIC YOU PERFORM.

There are 7 sections to this guide:

1 - Installing F3
2 - Dashlaunch Setup
3 - Bridge Networks if Your Xbox is Connected With a Laptop
4 - Setting Up LiNK
5 - Trying to Join a Room And Your Xbox Shuts Down ----This has been fixed in the new F3 update -version
6 - TU's For The Games
7 - 20+ People in a Room Yet You Cant See Any Hosted Games in LiNK or There is Too Much Lag

Installing F3

The easiest way to do install F3: turn on your xbox, start your freestyle dash and navigate to the settings. In the settings, navigate to general settings, look for “BETA UPDATESâ€, and enable it. This way you should receive the new F3 with LiNK; if by any chance you don’t see the update, then I would suggest you restart your xbox or check your internet connection.
Once update is done, the screen will ask you to restart Freestyle/F3 dash and if you press ok on the screen, it will CRASH. Therefore, instead of pressing ok, you must restart your xbox.

Dashlaunch setup

-- The new F3 update has the devlink, pingpatch, and conpatch integrated in F3 systemLiNK. to access it, put a game on e.g. black ops 2, press the center button and navigate to networks and you should see dashlaunch settings there.

-- But for a permanent solution, you still need to set those settings on or off in dashlaunch

but if you want to do it the old style, then follow the guide below.

Download the newest dashlaunch put it on usb, plug the usb in your xbox and open it with file manager in F3 dash. Install it where ever its convenient for you either usb hard drive or HDD1; I prefer my F3 and dashlaunch installed in HDD1.
Next, open dashlaunch, go to networks enable ping patch and "DISABLE dEVLINK" , save your setting by clicking the RB trigger once and press X on whichever drive you have saved your dashlaunch (usually where ever your dashlaunch is saved there is a green mark on it). Done, now press B to exit.

Bridge Networks if your Xbox is Connected with a Laptop

----Soulwarrior--- thank you for the information.

For windows vista and 7 users (if you are using xp, then there is a high probability you already know this), click start button and then type network and sharing in the search box below. Once in network and sharing window, look at the left hand side and you should see couple of options out of which the third option should be “Change Adapter Settingsâ€. Click on it and select your both wireless and local area connection and right click, then click bridge connections. That is it now follow the below instructions.

Setting up LiNK

1- Go to your computer, press the start key and type “cmd†in the search box below, and press enter.
2- Once you see the black window (Dos window), type in “ipconfig/all†(without quotes) and you will see bunch of lines that might not make sense to you.
3- Scroll back up until you will see windows ip configuration and below it wireless lan adapter wireless network connection. Note down the 7th line which is your ipv4 address – 192.168.x.xx, 8th line which is your subnet mask address – 255.255.xx.xx.x, 11TH line which is your Default Gateway – 192.168.x.x.
Once done open a firefox or Internet explorer window, write the default gateway in the URL. You will see your router’s sign in page. Usually the username and password is ADMIN for both and in some cases username is ADMIN and password leave it blank and press enter.
But if you a problem logging in go to this site and look up your router brand and click on it should tell you your default username and password

http://portforward.com/default_username_password/

once in the router’s setup page, navigate to networks and look for something called either UPnP or NAT (NAT=UPnP --- UPnP=NAT --- they both are same) and tick it if its not already ticked and if it is, then LEAVE IT ALONE. Next, navigate to application, under it click port forwarding and give it a rule name e.g. xbox, give it a ip address e.g. in my case its 192.168.2.76
there are 14 devices that are connected to my router; so that means ip address from 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.15 are already assigned. I took 76 because that way I know my xbox’s ip address will never conflict with other devices.

Go to port range and type 1 in first box and 62222 in the next and select udp and tcp both.
- Just be more sure that all your ports are forwarded correctly, you can insert your xbox’s ip address in the DMZ box and enable it. That way you are 100% sure that all your ports are forwarded.

port forwarding guide go to this link

http://portforward.c...routerindex.htm

Once done go to your xbox turn it on, press the center button on your controller if you logged into F3 dash, navigate to system setting and press A. It will take you NXE dash; from there select your network settings, select your connection, select configure network, select ip settings. From there you will see three options.

1- Ip address – write 192.168.2.76 (for the sake of this guide I will use my own ip address – please do not copy paste this ip as your default gate way may differ from mine – it will only work if your default ip address and mine are same). Once done, press start button and it will take you back to the three-option page.
2- Subnet mask – insert the subnet mask you copied from black window (Dos window) as it is; do not make any changes to it or it wont work. Press start key to go back to three-option page.
3- Gateway – insert your default gateway as it is or it wont work. Press start button and you are done with port forwarding.
And now when you go to you F3 dash, press your right analog (stick) button you should see the ip address below your screen/tv/moniter. That means you have an static or your xboxs’ own ip address.

JQE360 Account
Go to your computer and go to this link http://link.jqe360.com/ , create an account and get back to your F3 dash on your xbox. Navigate to setting, and then go to JQE360 tab and insert your username and password. Once done click on “Link Console to JQE30†and your console will be linked to the site.

Next go to settings, select plugin settings, and then select F3Plugin:
1- Enable LiNK – always on – ticked
2- Enable UPNP for port mapping – ticked
3- Data port is 3071
4- Broadcast port is 3072
Finally click TEST and hopefully you should be pass all.

Trying to Join a Room and Your Xbox Shuts Down

----ko12upted--- thank you for the information.

If you see a whited out (blank) lobby, press X to refresh or B to go one step back it wont crash. But, if you press A, it will shut down your xbox.
Second this is my work around to get into a room with people Logged into it You have to find a lobby with 0 people then join
after that you have to offset your rooms in example.

Lobby 1 1/32 skip
Lobby 2 0/32 (Join This one)
Lobby 3 2/32 skip
Lobby 4 32/32 (Then you can Join This one)
skip
join
skip
join etc

TU’s for the Games

in order to play games with LiNK, you “MUST†delete all TU’s for the game you want to play on LiNK and re-download them. By doing so you should be able to see hosts.

20+ People in a Room and Yet You Cant See Any Hosted Games in LiNK or There is Way Too Much Lag

(This is just my understanding, I am not certain if this is the case; if anybody has a better explanation please feel free to correct me)

That is because you might be in Europe and the game is being hosted in Brazil; sometimes it might show in your system link but it will lag and other times it will not show at all even though there are 20+ people.

Good Luck guys.

• Like 1

im a noob at these things and i was wondering can people with retail xbox connect to these?

nope

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

im a noob at these things and i was wondering can people with retail xbox connect to these?

u need to have RGH (Reset Gilitch Hack) for this to work.

Stil getting "unable to join" or "unable to connect"....

you need to look for two things before we can come up to a conclusion.

1 - do you pass 6 tests the new F3Plugin (F3.0.483) performs?

2 - did you delete all the tu's for the game and re-downloaded them?

and i am assuming you did the port forwarding as mentioned above.

P.S i think, but not sure, your problem lies in dashlaunch settings. at the moment i dont have access to my Xbox, but when i do, i will post my dashlaunch setting for you to look into it.

EDIT: go to your dashlaunch and replicate your Network Settings with mine and see if it works.

- leave everything disabled in network except the things i mention here.

pingpatch - liveblock - livestrong - xhttp - nonestore ---ENABLE these.

let me know the results as it might help others.

My lauch.ini is like yours. Only livestrong is in false, because if I set it to true then FS3 cannot download the covers for the games...

Just a quick run down:

- you have port forwarded

- your xbox has an static ip

- you have NAT/UPnP enabled in router

- you pass all 6 tests

- you have your dashlaunch set up correctly (by the way, i have my livestrong disabled and i can download covers; no problem)

- you have newest F3 plguin (3.0.483) installed

- you have deleted your old tu's and re-downloaded them

hmmm, strange, i really cant tell where your problem lies.

is your xbox connected with wire or wifi?

this is just my suggestion and you dont have to try it if you dont want to.

try updating your xbox's kernel; if you are on 2.0.16197 update it or if you have already updated it, then try downgrading it and then give all these a try. create a new JQE360 account and try it with that.

let me know if anything works for you.

UPnP is enabled in router, but in the test it fails..Keep getting fail in UDP ports....

My xbox as always static IP

Okay... are you aware of an option called "DMZ" within your routers port forwarding page? try writing your xbox's ip address there and enable it. it will forward all your ports, let it be UPD or TCP, it will forward it.

EDIT: try different port; try, for instance: 47777 or 37554 or anythin with 4 or 5 digits.

you know that port 3071 and 3072 are not necessary, you can actually use any port; right?

Can't find DMZoption in my router, Thomson TG784... Will trye different ports instead 3071 and 3072...

check these videos and see if it helps:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYXFGJat9PY

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxzrXo67Xko

Thanks for your attention. I already did that and is a no go.... Tried everything... I'm starting to give up :(

well, if your phone and TV are not connected with the router, you can always change it with another; or rather ask your isp to replace it with another brand than thomson.

you still have many options :)

Still fails on JQE360.

if its failing in JQE360, then that means you are not signed in. follow this:

JQE360 Account

Go to your computer and go to this link http://link.jqe360.com/, create an account and get back to your F3 dash on your xbox. Navigate to setting, and then go to JQE360 tab and insert your username and password. Once done click on “Link Console to JQE30†and your console will be linked to the site.

once the above is done, go to f3plugin tab and click on test; it should do the trick.

i have a question, i have everything setup correctly

and so does my friend in pakistan we can see each other in the public rooms in halo 4 halo reach cod black op2 but we cant see each others created games whyis this is link region restricted?

i have a question, i have everything setup correctly

and so does my friend in pakistan we can see each other in the public rooms in halo 4 halo reach cod black op2 but we cant see each others created games whyis this is link region restricted?

i doubt its region restricted; but before you many others have been having the same problem. many tried creating rooms and their friends could not find them. this is one question/topic only developers can truly shed light for all of us.

i doubt its region restricted; but before you many others have been having the same problem. many tried creating rooms and their friends could not find them. this is one question/topic only developers can truly shed light for all of us.

i wonder how we can get one of the developers to enlighten us :)

it is not region restricted, however even with the ping patch if the ping between the users is too high you will not see each other because the console just doesn't receive the data in time.

Fix = get a better connection

Why i can see 31 people in Room 1 in GOW3, and can't see anybody, in teem search. Sometimes one pearson, but i'm not able to connect?? Why???

delete your privously downloaded TU's (Title Updates) and redownload them. also, check if your ping patch is enabled and devlink disabled. hope this helps.

i have one question when i set up the ports ...i have to put an ip in it, so i took the one which was shown on my Xbox ...and pressed save (on the router settings) i always get an error this way something with the Lan has a diffrent ip .... The only way my router accept an ip is, if i put the ip of the laptop which my xbox is hooked to ( bridge connection) ...the second thing is when i turn my box on and of the ip adress change everxtime ...what does that mean?

i have one question when i set up the ports ...i have to put an ip in it, so i took the one which was shown on my Xbox ...and pressed save (on the router settings) i always get an error this way something with the Lan has a diffrent ip .... The only way my router accept an ip is, if i put the ip of the laptop which my xbox is hooked to ( bridge connection) ...the second thing is when i turn my box on and of the ip adress change everxtime ...what does that mean?

ok, before i say anything let me inform you that i have done this really long back when i did not have an wireless adaptor for my xbox. So what I can do is give you ideas rather than a solution.1 - go to your NXE dash settings and give an ip address to you xbox. 2 - on your laptop set the same ip address in your local area network settings.3 - give a different ip address to your laptop (not same as you gave to your lan and xbox)4 - in your router, set the ip address you have given to you laptopI know I had it working by either one of the idea mentioned above or combining one with another. Try googling; try youtubing it. You will be surprised to see the amount of TUT’s there.

EDIT:

check this out.

• Like 1