RealModScene
drocker

Every Thing You Need to Know to Make LiNK Work

Thank you very much for this tutorial! Very helpful - I finally got LINK working last night with the info in this giude... only to play for 6min before my screaming child demanded my attention :p

Thank you very much for this tutorial! Very helpful - I finally got LINK working last night with the info in this giude... only to play for 6min before my screaming child demanded my attention :p

im glad i was helpful :). i hope you enjoy LiNK :D

When I click system link I see only chinese letters in the user list, and when I try to enter the lobby, my xbox freezez. What can I do?

This some thing the developer can help you with. All i can suggest you that you delete FSD3 and reinstall.

In your tut it says how we need to enable devlink but doesn't it have to be disabled?

Also, people cannot join my game they try to connect then it says they timed out. I think I need the 30MS ping patch correct? That includes the kxam.patch and etc? I've tried working on it but no use. Something about a flasher and etc. Many are saying to enable devlink and others say don't. Please help me?

Thanks

In your tut it says how we need to enable devlink but doesn't it have to be disabled?

Also, people cannot join my game they try to connect then it says they timed out. I think I need the 30MS ping patch correct? That includes the kxam.patch and etc? I've tried working on it but no use. Something about a flasher and etc. Many are saying to enable devlink and others say don't. Please help me?

Thanks

sorry for the mistake and it has been corrected.

devlink must be off for the link to work. 30ms patch is already integrated in dashlaunch; its called pingpatch under networks in dashlaunch settings. no need to put kxam.patch.

furthermore, please note that 3701 or 3702 port might not work for everyone. in my old router, 3071 and 3702 port worked fine with link and in my new router these ports had trouble connecting to LiNK so i had to change them to a 5 digit port; for instance, now my ports are 48888 and 49999 and Link works again. i m telling you all these because if you are having a hard connecting to Link, then change your ports to 5 digits. but do this only you have followed the tut from top to bottem and then you are still unable to connect to LiNK.

let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thanks

Beta one needed DevLink enabled, Beta two (current release) and all future updates will require devlink to be off. As for the pingpatch it is done in dashlaunch, simply install dashlaunch and be sure to check you launch.ini for

pingpatch=true

Pretty sure it is enabled by default anyways.

stop talking in all caps or I will bitch slap the shit outta you :p

yes, set xbox IP to static and forward your two ports you have set in F3 to your xbox (tcp AND udp)

DO I NEED STATIC IP BECAUSE I HAVE DYNAMIC IS THIS MAYBE THE PROBLEM????

stop talking in all caps or I will bitch slap the shit outta you :p

yes, set xbox IP to static and forward your two ports you have set in F3 to your xbox (tcp AND udp)

well, there you go; Jpizzle gave a solution to your problem. :smiling:

if portforrward dont pass cal your internet provider and tell them to open ports.I did this and now it works all ports are pass and everything is ok.

I hope I helped!!

Greetings! Andre

if portforrward dont pass cal your internet provider and tell them to open ports.I did this and now it works all ports are pass and everything is ok.I hope I helped!!Greetings! Andre

hmmm, never thought of it that way. thanks for the suggestion though, i m sure it would help others to over come port forwarding.

it is not region restricted, however even with the ping patch if the ping between the users is too high you will not see each other because the console just doesn't receive the data in time.Fix = get a better connection

hi..... how much ping could must be for playing online?

hi..... how much ping could must be for playing online?

originally, xobox comes with 30 micro second ping embedded in to the system. when i check my ping, sometimes its 4 and sometime its 11. so i guess (its my assumption) you are good to go if u have anything around 15 below.

if you want more accurate answer, you should ask one of the devs they would know better. :)

the 30ms ping limit is patched by dashlaunch but some games might have their own ping limits. My guess is around 100

One small question about TU's.

I've tried, with 3 or 4 games, do download TU's with F3. After that the games does not run anymore untill I delete all TU's.

What am I doing wrong?!?

One small question about TU's.

I've tried, with 3 or 4 games, do download TU's with F3. After that the games does not run anymore untill I delete all TU's.

What am I doing wrong?!?

are you sure you are installing them on HDD1? or tey downloading them on your pc from here http://marketplace.jqe360.com/ and then transfer them to the respected folder. see if it works.

I currently set a bridge between my laptop's wireless connection and local area connection, then set an ethernet cable between the console and the laptop so the laptop receives the wireless signal and transfers it to the console.

Does that mean i just have to follow the instructions in red to get LINK to work?

I currently set a bridge between my laptop's wireless connection and local area connection, then set an ethernet cable between the console and the laptop so the laptop receives the wireless signal and transfers it to the console.

Does that mean i just have to follow the instructions in red to get LINK to work?

If FSD is able to grab art for games, simply run the LiNK test and if you set everything up correctly, the test will pass and you will be able to play online.

Make sure you have DashLaunch (with PingPatch enabled and DevLink disabled) and Avatar/Kinect data installed.

If FSD is able to grab art for games, simply run the LiNK test and if you set everything up correctly, the test will pass and you will be able to play online.

Make sure you have DashLaunch (with PingPatch enabled and DevLink disabled) and Avatar/Kinect data installed.

Yes i'm already able to download covers and title updates. What's the LINK test though?

Yes i'm already able to download covers and title updates. What's the LINK test though?

once you are on the FSD3 manin screen, go to settings, select plugin settings, and then select F3Plugin:

1- Enable LiNK – always on – ticked

2- Enable UPNP for port mapping – ticked

3- Data port is 3071

4- Broadcast port is 3072

Finally click TEST and hopefully you should be pass all.