RealModScene
Defcon44

Need help - change boot image FSD

Hello,

That in fact I want my own theme for FSD 3 but I want to change the boot image ... I know this is possible but I do not know how: (

I need help please

download XZP tool, extract the skin for which you want to change the boot image. Download JPEG/JPG to DDS convertor. Choose any image you want as a boot screen (choose a high res image) , convert to DDS and rename it as "splash.dds" . Now go back to the folder where you had extracted the theme and replace its original "splash.dds" with the newly created one. Repack the skin using XZP and place in skins folder in freestyle. Select the skin you just made and reboot. You should get your desired boot screen. But this changes with every skin you apply.

• Like 2

@darkforce97 & SEED3733... I tried doing everything that y'all say to do some reason its not working at all I'm still getting the default freestyle dash screen boot up? Do you have to change the splash screen file as well? I really do need some help right now???

Download the file attached. Unrar it, and put it in your theme root folder (overrite if asked).

The files in this rar: SPLASH.PNG and SPLASHSCREEN.XUR files. I edited the xur file to link it to the SPLASH.PNG file. So all you have to do now is find whatever 1280x720 picture / logo or whatever you want and save it as SPLASH.PNG.

Once done, rebuild the theme, pop it in, select it then reboot. Should work fine.

Files.rar

Ok I did everything you said to do now the boot screen is black and my image is not there? Does my image have to have a white background for this to work or does it matter?

Download the file attached. Unrar it, and put it in your theme root folder (overrite if asked).

The files in this rar: SPLASH.PNG and SPLASHSCREEN.XUR files. I edited the xur file to link it to the SPLASH.PNG file. So all you have to do now is find whatever 1280x720 picture / logo or whatever you want and save it as SPLASH.PNG.

Once done, rebuild the theme, pop it in, select it then reboot. Should work fine.

atx2k11Today, 04:56 AM

Ok I did everything you said to do now the boot screen is black and my image is not there? Does my image have to have a white background for this to work or does it matter?

no. The image must be 1280x720. Thats all.

When u load a new skin, always ALWAYS be sure to reset skin settings in general options.

yeah man everythings correct I have 1280x720 on my image I did everything you said in a little tutorial you gave me...and still have a black screen with the words on the bottom left corner saying welcome to freestyle Dash. So I'm not sure what's the problem? It did take the default freestyle dash boot logo off but the problem is the screen is all black now without my custom logo on it? So yeah I'm not sure what's the deal here....?

Guys, how do I replace a wallpaper?. As currently I'm using 'The Dream Theme v2.5' skin and I really like it. But I planned to put my own wallpaper. Last time I did my FSD won't load (blank screen), then I have to send my console back to the shop to delete the skin as I'm using 250GB internal.

Thank you in advance. 

Guys, how do I replace a wallpaper?. As currently I'm using 'The Dream Theme v2.5' skin and I really like it. But I planned to put my own wallpaper. Last time I did my FSD won't load (blank screen), then I have to send my console back to the shop to delete the skin as I'm using 250GB internal.

Thank you in advance.

The wallpaper you had selected probably was an incompatible format or something like that...

To fix such issues (fsd crashing and you having it as autoboot) all you have to do is make a launch.ini pointing to xexmenu and putting it on a usb drive followed by you deleting the database files (effectively resetting your fsd settings)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanx man worked great.

Hay great thanks.

I was making my own bootlogo. I had a skin. Called ayr.xzp , in there is by booting a Sound like dididilididi. But I don't find that Sound file. Could you please help me figure out what file and how to put it in xzp tool to the xzp file. Thanks