RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Gonzo

New Systemupdate 2.0.17489.0 out now

'container is not expected type (PIRS)'

W7 32bit

This means the file is corrupt

maybe I am doing something wrong but I don't think the file is corrupt or else it wouldn't go through abgx360 with flying colors. Right?

= I unzip your tool on my desktop and launched X360 Update Toolbox.exe

My xbox console is not connected to my PC or internet

since I can't check it and if you gotta Madden16 disc lying around could you check it?

:secret: You're holding it wrong... I just tested it on one of my games. Works fine.

Why are you beating yourself up trying to do this, you've already run it through ABGX and it told you "min kernel required  2.0.17349.0"

true but SWIZZY said that 'min kernel required' is NOT neccessarily the same system update on the disc

That even though min is 17349 the disc update MIGHT be 17489 which is new and NOT proven safe

I just wanna be 100% certain it's 17349  because I am gonna update using the Madden16 disc

Can you run MAdden16 on SWIZZY's tool and see the system update number?

If you can please tell me

Thanks

maybe I am doing something wrong but I don't think the file is corrupt or else it wouldn't go through abgx360 with flying colors. Right?

= I unzip your tool on my desktop and launched X360 Update Toolbox.exe

My xbox console is not connected to my PC or internet

If the ISO passes in ABGX360 it means it's a Xbox 360 ISO, meaning you need specific tools to extract the data from it...

true but SWIZZY said that 'min kernel required' is NOT neccessarily the same system update on the disc

That even though min is 17349 the disc update MIGHT be 17489 which is new and NOT proven safe

I just wanna be 100% certain it's 17349  because I am gonna update using the Madden16 disc

Thanks

You really shouldn't use game discs to update... if you've got a hacked console that is NOT RGH or JTAG, you want to use a USB stick with a known update from a good source such as GXArena

** Edit: **

Honestly tho, the chances of 17489 being on a disc already are slim to none at all... it takes months before they start popping up on the discs because the discs were already in production before the update was released on Xbox Live, and they don't put it on the discs before it's on Xbox Live as XBL users will likely report issues with the update if there are any, giving them the ability to fix it quickly and easily, if the update is on the disc, it cannot be replaced... the disc is fixed media while XBL is dynamic (they can and do change the update whenever they want to)

true but SWIZZY said that 'min kernel required' is NOT necessarily the same system update on the disc

Thanks

Read #38 Swizzy says...

You ran it through ABGX, that told you the minimum kernel required which was 2.0.17349.0. So it's moot if it has a higher update on disc. 

Most people toss the $Sysupdate on the disc, because RGH's are updated through other "safe" means.

Like Swizzy said, you shouldn't use the disc to perform updates anyway.

I'm sorry, I don't have the game to test and confirm with.

My console is NOT RGH or JTAG just modded LT 3.0 (I figured that was where some confusion lay)

I always update by game discs. Why not? I know you should not if RGH or JTAG

SWIZZY that means Iam not missusing your tool just not giving it what it wants, right?

and yes Quatroogamer I am being prompted to update that is why I wanna be sure 17349 is on the DISC

Thanks

• Like 1

My console is NOT RGH or JTAG just modded LT 3.0 (I figured that was where some confusion lay)

I always update by game discs. Why not? I know you should not if RGH or JTAG

SWIZZY that means Iam not missusing your tool just not giving it what it wants, right?

and yes Quatroogamer I am being prompted to update that is why I wanna be sure 17349 is on the DISC

Thanks

My misunderstanding, makes more sense now.

You could always just install the sysupdate from gxarena and then if you still get prompts you know if it has a newer one, lolz.

edit: Looks like Xbox backup creator/Xbox Image Browser might let you grab just the file off your backup. Seems like a lot of work just to check the sys update on the disc.

My misunderstanding, makes more sense now.

You could always just install the sysupdate from gxarena and then if you still get prompts you know if it has a newer one, lolz.

edit: I think if you want to work with files from the disc you have to extract it as an ISO first. I may be wrong though, I only work on ISO or full extracts so not sure. Seems like a lot of work just to check the sys update on the disc. Looks like Xbox backup creator might let you grab just the file off the disc though, but might require Benq or Lite-On drive with modded FW 0800 to read it.

Only if it's retail, you can also use Xbox Image Browser for that...

One of these days i should probably write a tool that'll let you check the update in a 360 iso without extracting it...

Only if it's retail, you can also use Xbox Image Browser for that...

One of these days i should probably write a tool that'll let you check the update in a 360 iso without extracting it...

OK, thanks Swizzy. (I miss your thanks button). I didn't originally mention XIB cause it seemed like it would only work from iso file, not dvd drive.

I was also thinking it was an original, not a copy, for some reason.

OK, thanks Swizzy. (I miss your thanks button). I didn't originally mention XIB cause it seemed like it would only work from iso file, not dvd drive.

I was also thinking it was an original, not a copy, for some reason.

Yeah, XIB is for images (iso's) not discs... XBC should be able to read backups using a standard DVD drive aswell (as long as it can read Dual Layer discs)

Both XIB and XBC are written by Redline99 if memory serves me right

I just updated to dash 17489 from xbl to play cod black ops 3 on modded lt3.0+. 

When game disc is inserted, still asking for update from xbox live.  Can your $sytemUpdate be used over the one from xbl?  I noticed your files are larger, so believe they have some different information in them?

Thanks for any help, buckeyesfan

I just updated to dash 17489 from xbl to play cod black ops 3 on modded lt3.0+. 

When game disc is inserted, still asking for update from xbox live.  Can your $sytemUpdate be used over the one from xbl?  I noticed your files are larger, so believe they have some different information in them?

Thanks for any help, buckeyesfan

You're probably missing the avatar data, that's all... but yes, this update should work with retail aswell as it's not modified in any way...

Is the avatar data included in your update, or how do fix that?

Won't read update on usb as system already shows dashboard 17489?

Anything I can do to get avatar data so newer games can be played?

Thanks, buckeyesfan

Is the avatar data included in your update, or how do fix that?

Won't read update on usb as system already shows dashboard 17489?

Anything I can do to get avatar data so newer games can be played?

Thanks, buckeyesfan

If you go on Xbox Live, it'll automatically download the avatar data for you, if you can log in to Xbox Live without any trouble, you have the avatar data installed already and it's either a game update or something else that is causing the problem

I don't have xbox live, that's why I did the update from the USB drive..any other options?

Everyone have that, you don't need Xbox Live GOLD, just being able to connect to xbox live to view the store requires the full update...

You can also grab the same update from xbox.com, you need to unpack it to $SystemUpdate\ in the root of a FAT32 USB thumbdrive, NTFS or anything else won't work...

Then you need to boot your console with that USB memory in the console...

Sorry to be a pain...already grabbed the update and it extracted, etc.

But when I put the game in, it is still asking for the update.  Not sure what else to do.  Can you drop a dashboard level, then update again?

Sorry to be a pain...already grabbed the update and it extracted, etc.

But when I put the game in, it is still asking for the update.  Not sure what else to do.  Can you drop a dashboard level, then update again?

Nope, you cannot... what is the exact message you're getting?

It goes to the screen where it says an update is needed from XBL in order to play the game.

what you are looking at is probably the title update, not the actual dashboard update

When I load the game disc, it gets to the soldier sitting with two guns waiting...any button I push then goes to the screen saying I need to sign into XBL to update.

That's as far as I can get, not sure what to do next.  All older games still play fine, just not black ops 3.  Should I get another new one like tomb raider? Is there an update on the disc that will apply the fix I need?

Black Ops 3 on 360/PS3 is multiplayer only, you know that right?

Black Ops 3 needs to download "Compatibility Pack" along with Title Update 1