RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Gonzo

New Systemupdate 2.0.17489.0 out now

Yes, I'm aware, kids want to play.

So the only way to d/l those is to connect to XBL?

Yes

Hey Swizzy

"One of these days i should probably write a tool that'll let you check the update in a 360 iso without extracting it..."

we spoke about this a few weeks back

I was wondering if you now happen to know if Madden16 has 17349 or 17489 on disc OR if you know of ANY release that has the 17349 on the disc for certain

Thanks

Hey Swizzy

"One of these days i should probably write a tool that'll let you check the update in a 360 iso without extracting it..."

we spoke about this a few weeks back

I was wondering if you now happen to know if Madden16 has 17349 or 17489 on disc OR if you know of ANY release that has the 17349 on the disc for certain

Thanks

Not at the top of my head, any particular reason you're looking for 17349 on a disc?

because 17349 is proven 100% safe and I figure I will never need further update since xbox360 titles are few and far between and soon will be no more

I have and LT 3.0 setup not a jtag or RGH

because 17349 is proven 100% safe and I figure I will never need further update since xbox360 titles are few and far between and soon will be no more

I have and LT 3.0 setup not a jtag or RGH

http://gxarena.com/download.php/Firmwares/Xbox360/17349.zip <--- put this on a USB stick (unpack it) and you'll have the same update which would be present on a disc...

http://gxarena.com/download.php/Firmwares/Xbox360/17349.zip <--- put this on a USB stick (unpack it) and you'll have the same update which would be present on a disc...

Lolz, I tried to give him the same advice in an earlier post. Maybe it wasn't clear.

My misunderstanding, makes more sense now.

You could always just install the sysupdate from gxarena and then if you still get prompts you know if it has a newer one, lolz.

edit: Looks like Xbox backup creator/Xbox Image Browser might let you grab just the file off your backup. Seems like a lot of work just to check the sys update on the disc.

Thanks but...

I have always updated by disc I don't like messing around with new methods

I am pretty sure MAdeen16 must have 17349 but I'd like to be 100%

I am surprised how hard it's been find an answer to my question

I hope you do develop that tool you spoke of Swizzy

Thanks again

It's not really a new method, updating by USB has been around "officially" for a long time. Check the official Xbox website http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/system-updates-info?icid=furl_update. The only difference is that GXArena has all the updates, while M$ only gives you the newest update available.

Like Swizzy said, it's the same file that would be on a disc.

I just used this method the other day to fix a retail console that was stuck on a failed update to 12625. Worked like a charm

• Like 1

Thanks but...

I have always updated by disc I don't like messing around with new methods

I am pretty sure MAdeen16 must have 17349 but I'd like to be 100%

I am surprised how hard it's been find an answer to my question

I hope you do develop that tool you spoke of Swizzy

Thanks again

The USB Method is actually safer then updating from a gamedisc, the only way you can be 100% sure the game disc have the update you want is by dumping that particular disc (or burning the iso yourself after checking) even then, a small read error from the laser (it's probably a bit worn and have potential to fail) may lead to issues like Quattro mentioned above where it gets stuck in a update loop... then you are forced to use the USB update, and on top of that you have to find the exact version that was on the disc, luckily GXArena have all known updates that i could get my hands on (pretty much every single update there has ever been for retail consoles, betas not included...) there's only 1 update i know of that i don't have on the site, that's 15572 which never was released on disc anyways... and was replaced by 15574 a few days after the release of 15572

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but if anyone does get that update loop "System Update Stopped", the error message will contain a 24 digit error code broken into 6 - 4 digit codes. Take the second set of 4 digits and convert from hex to decimal and it will give you the dash version you must use to complete the update... Just sayin [emoji57]

• Like 1

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but if anyone does get that update loop "System Update Stopped", the error message will contain a 24 digit error code broken into 6 - 4 digit codes. Take the second set of 4 digits and convert from hex to decimal and it will give you the dash version you must use to complete the update... Just sayin [emoji57]

Or, you can use my toolbox: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/swizzys-x360update-toolbox-v1-1-the-system-error-decryptor/ altough, i haven't updated the update list for ages... it'll easily let you recognize more parts of the error code aswell (it have some known error codes and will translate the NTSTATUS error code (if possible)