RealModScene
obaidshera

Fast way to Extract Xbox Games DVD

Hello everyone,

It's been a while i am facing a time problem to extract xbox dvds onto pc. My method is. 1st i make an ISO through Imgburn then i extracted that ISO with the help of Exiso and then transfer that extracted files into xbox 360 HDD via FTP. These all process take lot of time and HDD space. I also tried Xbox image browser but it was hell slow then this process. My xbox dvd rom isn't good shape so i cant copy xbox games with it. I just wanna know is there any fast way exist? Where i put my xbox game dvd into pc dvd rom and then it extract all data with taking less time. Is there anyway plz share with me i will be so glad of u.

Xbox Backup Creator should work... IMGBurn can't read retail games, so you must be using backups you've made in the past?

Xbox Backup Creator should work... IMGBurn can't read retail games, so you must be using backups you've made in the past?

Xbox backup creator has Image browser that take alot of time to extract xbox backup dvd (more than my process) and yes i made a backup of ISO in dual layer dvd as xbox bootable.

Xbox backup creator has Image browser that take alot of time to extract xbox backup dvd (more than my process) and yes i made a backup of ISO in dual layer dvd as xbox bootable.

well i have posted i was selling a DVD drive with all the kit/kaboodle.. you could flash it with the 0800 firmware and stuff

I too am looking for best way to rip via PC.

Within Xbox Backup Creator instead of extracting via Image Browser, why not use the 'Read' option to extract and create ISO from backup disc? I just gave this a try and worked well with full rip taking 11 mins. Also tested via Imgburn and took exactly the same time (11 mins). You can use ISO2GO with FTP enabled to automatically transfer to your 360. You can also batch process via ISO2GOD, so just create ISO's with XBC or Imgburn, create batch in ISO2GO, sit back and relax.

Swizzy, when using the 'Read' option within Xbox Backup Creator, Baring in mind I'm using a backup, I'm only using standard DVD drive (non 0800), so not one of the drives listed under Options > Drive Specific. Does this matter at all? If I select DVD-ROM, then the option to 'Set Speed' disappears. I assume it remains at default 12x?

The 'Complete Backup' option is also greyed out. Is this a problem, baring in mind again this is a backup so a 0800 drive shouldn't be required should it? Will the 'Current Partition' suffice? 

I too am looking for best way to rip via PC.

Within Xbox backup creator instead of extracting via Image Browser, why not use the 'Read' option to extract and create ISO from backup disc? I just gave this a try and worked well with full rip taking 11 mins. Is your IMGBURN burn method quicker than that, and if so can you tell me how you extracted from disc using IMGBurn as I cannot see option to do so.

Swizzy, when using the 'Read' option within Xbox Backup Creator, Baring in mind I'm using a backup, I'm only using standard DVD drive, so not one of the drives listed under Options > Drive Specific. Does this matter at all? If I select DVD-ROM, then the option to 'Set Speed' disappears. I assume it remains at default 12x?

The 'Complete Backup' option is also greyed out. Is this a problem, baring in mind again this is a backup so a 0800 drive shouldn't be required should it? Will the 'Current Partition' suffice? 

the specified drives are for the 0800 firmware.. backups will work on any drive with XB-B-creator.. and seriously.. roughly 8GB of data takes a few reguardless.. lol fastest way to "speed" it up, get a Solid-sate HDD.. then your stuff will move faster..

Thanks felida, and sorry I must have been editing my post as you posted, so it's changed a bit. I hear ya with regards to the speed, which I personally have no issue with. It seems the op however was going around the houses a bit, so my ISO2GOD method should speed things up for him.

Backups can't be "fixed" by the drive, that's why Full Backup is disabled...

For backups you can use either XBC, IMGBurn or whatever other (non intrusive) burning software you prefer that have a reading function...

Intrusive software includes things like NERO Burning ROM or running things like AnyDVD as they MAY modify the data you're reading making the output invalid...

Use imgburn & adjust read speed,if you have two drives use 2 instances of imgburn & do two at the same time.As for extraction only certain games require GOD so use xbox360 iso extract on the games that don't as it will batch load & extract to separate folders,try 10 extracts first as i recall it crashed if i attempted too many games.I've gone through what your now doing so i feel your pain however just keep plodding along you'll get there

Thanks all of u guys for ur participation. As i remember when i had Original Xbox and i made a backup of it's games on dvd, it was very easy to extract by using UltraISO software. That software extract all dvd data in very short time. It only took 3 mins to extract all data that more than 3GB. I wish in xbox 360 there is that kind a software that extract all data in 10 mins. Making an ISO then extract it kinda painful.

Obaidshera, as said not painful at all if you just rip game via Imgburn, then batch convert via ISO2GOD. Agreed does take time, but once you processing batch via ISO2GOD, no further input needed from you. If you set up FTP within ISO2GOD, once batch has finished, all your games will be ready for you on 360 to scan into Aurora database.

scorpNZ great idea with the second instance of Imgburn, but have you tried more than this, say FIVE instances/drives? Possible issues? I'm thinking could be a bottle neck for HDD with ripping all five to single hard drive, so maybe split 3 rips to one hard drive and 2 rips to second hard drive. I'm guessing buffer status will let me know if asking too much.

Do you recommend using Imgburn or XBC, and if you prefer one over the other, any particular reason?

iso2god only allows 1 iso to be selected at a time that's the reason i used xbox360iso extract instead,it meant separating multi disc games from single,until i knew which games required GOD format

Never tried more than two instances

xbc has no option that allows running two at the same time & i think it was slower,can't remember now

ftp if i recall was slower than usb transfer,i transfer direct from external to the 360 now,mind you i am going through a switch & modem,not sure if the data goes through the modem or the switch takes care of it as both pc & xbox are connected to it

iso2god only allows 1 iso to be selected at a time that's the reason i used xbox360iso extract instead,it meant separating multi disc games from single,until i knew which games required GOD format

Never tried more than two instances

xbc has no option that allows running two at the same time & i think it was slower,can't remember now

ftp if i recall was slower than usb transfer,i transfer direct from external to the 360 now,mind you i am going through a switch & modem,not sure if the data goes through the modem or the switch takes care of it as both pc & xbox are connected to it

ISO2GOD allows MULTIPLE iso's to be done, it just que's them.. before you hit convert, hit add iso to add another 1.. ALSO, try bridging your connections on PC.. and you'll get the same speed, but only for FTP(can cause LiNK problems).. external to internal works just fine.. 

Exactly you have to add them individually  instead of selecting the containing folder of all the iso's & having recursively load them like extract does

Exactly you have to add them individually  instead of selecting the containing folder of all the iso's & having recursively load them like extract does

ahh i get ya.. lol.. i thought you implied it would ONLY do 1 at a time.. but yeah.. no recursively adding..

Thanks guys. ScorpNZ can I nudge you towards this post please, as I have a related imgburn question there (post 6), and don't want to double post here.

I just checked out XBOX360 Iso extractor, pretty cool, although as far as I can see it doesn't have the ability to remove padding (does it?), although could be perfect for obaidshera's needs.

Thanks guys. ScorpNZ can I nudge you towards this post please, as I have a related imgburn question there (post 6), and don't want to double post here.

I just checked out XBOX360 Iso extractor, pretty cool, although as far as I can see it doesn't have the ability to remove padding (does it?), although could be perfect for obaidshera's needs.

if you use iso2god, it will rebuild an iso without padding.. FYI.. tells you that in the "padding removal" section when you hit the "add iso" button

14njka8.png

Thanks felida, and I'm already big fan of ISO2GOD which I use exclusively for my games, but I was referring to xbox360 iso extract program. On the subject of padding though, what exactly is it and why is it ever used in the first place? And if most games can do without it, why do certain games need it in order to work?

Thanks felida, and I'm already big fan of ISO2GOD which I use exclusively for my games, but I was referring to xbox360 iso extract program. On the subject of padding though, what exactly is it and why is it ever used in the first place? And if most games can do without it, why do certain games need it in order to work?

the same principle applies to the wii games.. sometimes they don't like it.. 

laymens terms.. it looks for data at a specific spot.. not found.. doesn't work..

im pretty sure there is a more technical thing behind it.. and you'll have to wait til Swizzy responds with that.. lol

Speaking of Wii, that's my next project after I've finished with upgrading my 360. I really enjoy the Wii as great with a group of friends, but haven't play it as much as if I had all games on hard drive, so need to set this up. I'll have a nice 750GB that I can use to get me started once I've finished upgrading 360... that is if I can crack this new drives caddy open! Tomorrow will reveal all (hopefully!).

To be honest I don't actually play anything much any more, although I do get excited thinking about gaming and enjoy tinkering with 360 as I'm doing now, but once done, when I actually sit down to game, it's all too often a 'meh' response. I've been in this game funk for close to five years now! God dam identify crisis I feel as that was who I was... a gamer! It's because I'm old I guess (in gamer years) and been playing forever, so just a case of seen it, done it I think.

Speaking of Wii, that's my next project after I've finished with upgrading my 360. I really enjoy the Wii as great with a group of friends, but haven't play it as much as if I had all games on hard drive, so need to set this up. I'll have a nice 750GB that I can use to get me started once I've finished upgrading 360... that is if I can crack this new drives caddy open! Tomorrow will reveal all (hopefully!).

To be honest I don't actually play anything much any more, although I do get excited thinking about gaming and enjoy tinkering with 360 as I'm doing now, but once done, when I actually sit down to game, it's all too often a 'meh' response. I've been in this game funk for close to five years now! God dam identify crisis I feel as that was who I was... a gamer! It's because I'm old I guess (in gamer years) and been playing forever, so just a case of seen it, done it I think.

the wii can be annoying.. lol.. as the formats differ per program.. BUT sidetracked..

i'll say this.. games have given the story dev's a MAJOR cut to make better graphics.. which shows in the ability to play a game for very long lol.. you just can't connect to it like with older games.. where everything had something to pull you in.. 

The games when extracted are pretty much the same size whether GOD or extracted format if extracting the same game from what i remember,as far as i can tell the padding is ignored,except with 360 extract you need to have the skip "system update"

Thanks scorpNZ, I've noticed that too with regards to extracts being same size as GOD full padding. I still prefer GOD though as I read somewhere else in this forum that as there are less files with GOD, less files for 360 to index, therefore avoiding slow down.

I'm currently using five instances of Imgburn at same time to rip and working very well.

Thanks scorpNZ, I've noticed that too with regards to extracts being same size as GOD full padding. I still prefer GOD though as I read somewhere else in this forum that as there are less files with GOD, less files for 360 to index, therefore avoiding slow down.

I'm currently using five instances of Imgburn at same time to rip and working very well.

This isn't always true, it really depends on the game itself... some games have a few large data files and the executable, these will take up less space then a GOD would (in terms of number of files)

Would'a thought the only scan required would be for the .xex,i assume that's where a small amount of info is kept like game name & ID numbers