RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
SmoothImports

Formatting internal drive on PC

Is there a program that I can use to format an internal drive for a future RGH. I'm currently waiting for my CR4 to come in and would like to get a head start on the hard drive. I know you can format it in the Xbox after it's been rgh'do but I'd like to format it now on the pc and start transferring the 600+ GB's of data. Any help would be great.

Is there a program that I can use to format an internal drive for a future RGH. I'm currently waiting for my CR4 to come in and would like to get a head start on the hard drive. I know you can format it in the Xbox after it's been rgh'do but I'd like to format it now on the pc and start transferring the 600+ GB's of data. Any help would be great.

there are a few that will format it.. BEST way would be to have the XB do it.. but the drive should be formatted to fatx.. 

Edit: some will say fatxplorer.. some will say don't do it without the XB..  others will tell you to just update and use an external, all really personal preference.. i'd say wait until you have the xb in hand and just format it through the XB itself.. 

there are a few that will format it.. BEST way would be to have the XB do it.. but the drive should be formatted to fatx.. 

Edit: some will say fatxplorer.. some will say don't do it without the XB..  others will tell you to just update and use an external, all really personal preference.. i'd say wait until you have the xb in hand and just format it through the XB itself..

FATX is for Xbox, XTAF is for Xbox 360 (Big Endian FATX)

Could I format it on another RGH'd 360 and just put in the proper seriel number to the 360 im waiting to glitch? Like I said main reason is im not getting the CR4 till the 9th and its a gift that I need done by the 12th. Moving 600+ GB in a hotswap bay in my server is crazy faster then ftp'ing the files but it's a pain to mount and in mount as my bays are tray less and hd's need to be screwed in. Doing another 360 right now and transfer rates are 120mb +.

The serial needs to be of the current console, the only reason they ask for it is to avoid children formatting your HDD by accident...

You can format on RGH/JTAG console

So I'll just have to wait till the CR4 comes in then do it. crazy I would have thought that Someone would have built a program for this already. Maybe I should think about programming one.

So I'll just have to wait till the CR4 comes in then do it. crazy I would have thought that Someone would have built a program for this already. Maybe I should think about programming one.

"hotswapping" the drives on 360 can cause minor issues.. the "best" option would be to format it within the xbox.. but you can format it on any RGH and it will work on any RGH.. you just need the serial of the current console like Swizzy said..

• Like 1

The serial needs to be of the current console, the only reason they ask for it is to avoid children formatting your HDD by accident...

You can format on RGH/JTAG console

Always wondered what that was about

I'm gonna try to format it on another Rgh but put in the SN of the one it's gonna go into and see what happens. I got 5 hdds mirroring my drive right now and hot damn it's so much better then doing the ftp ish. Ftp 10 to 11 Mbps, straight in a bay 85 to 120 Mbps.

I'm gonna try to format it on another Rgh but put in the SN of the one it's gonna go into and see what happens. I got 5 hdds mirroring my drive right now and hot damn it's so much better then doing the ftp ish. Ftp 10 to 11 Mbps, straight in a bay 85 to 120 Mbps.

it wont work.. the console checks against itself, if you enter the wrong serial, no format.. you have to enter the "current" console serial.. but it will work in the other console.. just transfer everything.. dont run anything.. such as FSD/Aurora.. and MOST of the minor issues wont be there.. but yeah.. you've been warned.. if something DOES happen down the road.. it was your choice..

Yeah just Tryed to format with the other SN in a current rgh DNS kicked back to entering again. I'll just wait and rush once chips get in. Funny how MCC charges $14 for 2 day delivery but it's really 9 days. Holiday this holiday that Bullish.

Honestly I'm gonna look into writing a program that would let us format drives and be able to enter the SN of whatever console you're working on. I know for me the hardware side is a breeze its just the long long long wait on the software side that kills me. If I could have drives already to go before I even glitched I'm be pumped. Plug and play!

Honestly I'm gonna look into writing a program that would let us format drives and be able to enter the SN of whatever console you're working on. I know for me the hardware side is a breeze its just the long long long wait on the software side that kills me. If I could have drives already to go before I even glitched I'm be pumped. Plug and play!

you CAN.. but things get saved to console id's and such.. so let me explain from personal experience.. if i format a hdd in my xb.. then set up aurora/FSD.. then swap it to another box, "default" launch to FSD/Aurora doesn't work normal sometimes.. (this is one "minor" issue i hinted at earlier) 

you can by all means format the HDD in ANY RGH.. and use it in ANY RGH.. no problem.. the "serial" check is just so kids don't erase the HDD accidentally.. 

now i will repeat this again, format the HDD, DON'T setup FSD/Aurora on it.. transfer games/DLC to it.. once in new console.. then setup everything.. and MOST minor issues wont happen.. but then again.. there COULD be unknown issues.. but i've hotswapped several HDD's, as it was easier to just nab the hdd instead of taking whole console, and yeah games work great, everything works great.. just some stuff gets signed with the "formatting console's" id.. such as saves and such.. hence why it really isn't recommended.. some stuff "could" break.. but as far as the "GOD/XBLA" games are concerned.. they will work..

Yeah just Tryed to format with the other SN in a current rgh DNS kicked back to entering again. I'll just wait and rush once chips get in. Funny how MCC charges $14 for 2 day delivery but it's really 9 days. Holiday this holiday that Bullish.

You need to learn to start reading what the f*ck we're telling you, the Serial number has nothing to do with the formatting, it's simply a way for Microsoft to stop children/kids from formatting your disk for you without permission, if you can't find your serial? well then you can't format your disc... the result is still going to be EXACTLY the same no matter what console you format the drive on... and it WILL work on ANY console once it's been formatted

Ok I just formatted the disk under a current rgh " not the one it's going into" to start the transfer. I'll test it in another rgh that I have soaking on a test bench and see what happens. To bad my daughter shut my server off last night while mirroring my setup drive now party buffalo is throwing errors left and right when reading the drive.