RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Bare7a

LiNK and Port Forwarding

Hello guys, is there a way to open the needed ports without me knowing the username and the password of my router (and no its not admin/admin its locked by my internet provider and he isn't willing to tell me it). I am using a router which is hooked to a modem.

Hello guys, is there a way to open the needed ports without me knowing the username and the password of my router (and no its not admin/admin its locked by my internet provider and he isn't willing to tell me it). I am using a router which is hooked to a modem.

no.. there is not.. you COULD try upnp.. but that might not work either.. as you will need the modem pass to forward to your router, and from the router to xb.. 

you could also try hooking directly up to the modem, if it has the ports for it.. and see if that helps.. 

• Like 1

Ah.. It looks like my modem is probably locked to the router's mac cuz I don't even have access to the internet when I try to plug it into my PC, Laptop or Xbox :/ So aren't there like ports who are open by default that I can use or by default every single port is locked?

Ah.. It looks like my modem is probably locked to the router's mac cuz I don't even have access to the internet when I try to plug it into my PC, Laptop or Xbox :/ So aren't there like ports who are open by default that I can use or by default every single port is locked?

you have to select ports that are not being used.. lol.. but you should still be able to play on link.. as passing ports only is required to host lobbies..

but there are not normally open ports that aren't used.. this is why you have to open them

• Like 1

OMG Thank you so much! :) It really finds games, its kind of a bummer that I cannot host games but I am planning to play COOP games anyway so I will hope that the other user have his ports setup, thank you so much again! :)