RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
MackTK

Automatic cover art download

Hi,

Is there a way to autodownload the cover art at startup in FSD 3 without using a Jqe account?

Each time I check the box "Enable custom cover download", at the next restart is unchecked. I know if I log into an JQE360 account the checkbox will stay there, but I want, if possible, of course, without linking the console.

Taking each game one at a time and hit "Refresh artwork" works, but it would be useful at startup to download all covers.

Thank you.

Hi,

Is there a way to autodownload the cover art at startup in FSD 3 without using a Jqe account?

Each time I check the box "Enable custom cover download", at the next restart is unchecked. I know if I log into an JQE360 account the checkbox will stay there, but I want, if possible, of course, without linking the console.

Taking each game one at a time and hit "Refresh artwork" works, but it would be useful at startup to download all covers.

Thank you.

You can use GaDaBaMa 3.1.1 to download artwork at your PC, without connecting your xbox to network. All you need is a 2GB pendrive, or higher and microsoft office access 2010 sp1 (and GaDaBaMa 3.1.1 of course). You can find all info in GaDaBaMa thread on this forum, or on GaDaBaMa prioject home page. Use search...

You can use GaDaBaMa 3.1.1 to download artwork at your PC, without connecting your xbox to network. All you need is a 2GB pendrive, or higher and microsoft office access 2010 sp1 (and GaDaBaMa 3.1.1 of course). You can find all info in GaDaBaMa thread on this forum, or on GaDaBaMa prioject home page. Use search...

Thank you for your answer, but I don't look for that workaround.

I want a solution that at the startup of the FSD to auto-download the covers via Internet.

Thank you for your answer, but I don't look for that workaround.

I want a solution that at the startup of the FSD to auto-download the covers via Internet.

in case your like me :

that is have all xbla game list, i did like this after my database was deleted after fsd install.

first on my hdd(external) i put like 100 games and no other games, before that i changed settings, everything same only made 4 out 5 photos and lowered quality/resolution

but all depends what sort you wish to have : banners, box art, icons, or visual boxart, you know new look in game library. so anyway from that point as you decide wich u gonna use, then pick from settings what u wish to download. and unmark some V in options.

trust me when i get up 5000+ files download and sometimes covers f*cks up its not funny.

anyway, dont rush add 100 then later again 100 and so on. dont overload your box, i had headaches till i figured out all this system, and have all 542 games to have all banners, box art, icons and photos.

ps. turn off auto scan setting, and when covers are downloading, just go do something else beside box. dont surf library, atleast i get crashes always. :)

goodluck, i tryed gadabama (who thought this name ?) its very good soft, but not good for mass editing :)

EDIT: as i mentioned with adding 100 games, i meant that there was empty game path of that place where game is then it download pretty good. and before all this process delete database from fsd menu. some covers who are missing add via ftp > that is ur ip adress

and if u didnt understand a word i wrote let me know ill explain clearly, in a rush right now ^^

Thank you for your answers. Especially armonika, that wrote a very long text.

Although, I guess I wasn't clear enough in my first post. I don't look fir an workaround of cover download. I know how to get offline covers, it even works if I connect the Xboxes to Internet and push "Refresh artwork".

What I only want is to download automatically the covers at startup of FSD. That's all. :)

Thank you again.

Theoretical, it is already implemented. It appears the option in Setup > Content Settings > Cover Downloading, a checkbox named "Enable custom cover downloading".

If I check the box, the problem is after the first reboot it will again uncheck, and resets all settings regarding cover download. This behaviour doesn't occur when I'm logged in the JQE account, so I suppose it's somekind of a bug? Downloading Covers through "Refresh artwork" works regardless if I'm logged in or not.

i know this might not sound related to the problem. but i think i found the culprit (well, at least for me it works :p). In dashlaunch v3.05 settings, I have liveblock and livestrong enabled. So, I disable the livestrong (default), save the launch.ini and reboot back to FSD 3. so now everytime i have new game installed, the cover will b automatically downloaded by itself. (of course the above setting u mentioned like JQE and marketplace, etc should be configured properly at the first place).

previously when livestrong was enabled, the cover would not download automatically. as an addition, when i hit 'refresh artwork', it only downloads the cover, but not the description and background.