RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Axci

Retail Hard drive in RGH

I have MW3 installed on my retail consoles hard drive, I can no longer install the disc as it is very scratched. I am going to plug my retail hard drive into my RGH and transfer MW3 to a USB using Aurora. I am also using an offline profile to transfer the content.  My question is will any data that is recognized as homebrew or unsigned code be put on my retail hard drive and put my retail at risk? I am going to clear the cache for good measure. Again I am not accessing anything except XeX Menu to Launch Aurora, then navigating to HDD1/Content/0000000000000000/415608CB in the file manager to copy it to my USB. 

Thanks.

There should be no traces, however... you don't actually need to use Aurora if your kernel is 9199 or higher... you can even use your retail for that, just copy it using NXE to your USB and voila!

If you're using 17349 it's even easier as you then just plug it into your computer and will see the data right there...

Its just a game backup, not a purchased game off the dashboard so it didn't let me transfer it over to my usb. Everything is done now. Thanks again Swizzy  :thumbsup: