RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
valgis25

My Aurora dont see games .

Hello people I just set up aurora but i cant figure out why i dont see game titles . I have managed scan paths. But list is ekpty anyway. Please help me to figure it out.

• Like 1

set scan path then set scan depth & save,if you highlight over the content folder & press y,your scan depth will be 2 if your 1 folder back it needs to be 3 etc

• Like 1

Thank you but the problem still is actual. It can be ,because i hold aurora on hdd1 not on onboard memory unit? On memory unit i have fsd and fsd works well. Sorry for my bad english. Here in prison I read books and learn it myself without teachers )))) Yesterday I try play on link by aurora and all was ok. Manualy all works only problem is with titles.

Instead of highlighting the game folder and setting path,

go into the games folder and then set the path

Sent from the race car behind ricky bobby.

try setting scan depth deeper. For xex extracted games, aurora looks for default.xex, for god games, it looks for the god header. 

I keep my xex games in hdd1:\games with a scan depth of 3 or 4. Easiest way to get it right is to check your settings in FSD, and then do the same in aurora. :) good luck.

• Like 1

It can be because i didnt set aurora as default boot? I lounc it from fsd by xex.

Doesn't matter...

Today I tried to set up scan depth 4 and something goes wrong. Because after it i could not to restart Aurora. But when I looked up at desktop I saw 1 cover/title it was Diablo3 . This game is first in my content 16 zeroes folder. I saw Swizzy's lazy stack :) then i tryed to reboot my box. And when I lounch Aurora again. I saw the same problem,titles not found. What is wrong with it I dont understand. Maybe script is important?

Delete it & re-download aurora 05b however it would be better to use a wired ethernet connection not wireless.Once downloaded install using a thumbdrive or external hdd or as a last resort ftp

If it doesn't work again & i assume fsd is working fine,then its possible a antivirus or other malware program could be removing files detected as a virus in the download from the internet,it's a long shot but who knows it maybe whats happening

Today I tried to set up scan depth 4 and something goes wrong. Because after it i could not to restart Aurora. But when I looked up at desktop I saw 1 cover/title it was Diablo3 . This game is first in my content 16 zeroes folder. I saw Swizzy's lazy stack :) then i tryed to reboot my box. And when I lounch Aurora again. I saw the same problem,titles not found. What is wrong with it I dont understand. Maybe script is important?

you probably have scripts setup as default that stops it from showing games (did you modify the default quickview?)

I set up show all in quickview and in theme options also choose quickview. I dont remember rhat was by defaul or i set it. I tryed many combinations but nothing (((( maybe i shoud download aurora again but old delete ?

Deleting the old is not required if you want to test as it's portable,just boot whatever dash then select .xex through file manager to try the fresh version.

Back on topic:-

By rights i think it's the x button where you can tick the boxes as to what games get shown,place a tick in the 360 box &  see what happens,tho show all should do exactly that,unless for some reason you've accidentally hidden them somehow

I set up show all in quickview and in theme options also choose quickview. I dont remember rhat was by defaul or i set it. I tryed many combinations but nothing (((( maybe i shoud download aurora again but old delete ?

Just boot another dash, or just another instance of Aurora (from a different folder) and delete "data", this will reset Aurora to it's default settings, you will however lose all your covers etc. aswell...

Swizzy hello. I do exactly like you say. And it works. Thank you. I deleted data folder and move aurora folder to hdd1: folder. Before i keept aurora in hdd1:/apps/aurora. So now we can say PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH COVER PREVIEV IF YOU DONT SEE THEM. TRY TO MOVE AURORA FROM DEEPER FOLDER TO UNDEEPER )))) all my problem was because i didnt try do that Swizzy sad before.

Swizzy hello. I do exactly like you say. And it works. Thank you. I deleted data folder and move aurora folder to hdd1: folder. Before i keept aurora in hdd1:/apps/aurora. So now we can say PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH COVER PREVIEV IF YOU DONT SEE THEM. TRY TO MOVE AURORA FROM DEEPER FOLDER TO UNDEEPER )))) all my problem was because i didnt try do that Swizzy sad before.

Moving it up isn't part of the fix, of that i'm sure... if that was required for it to work in your case, it's probably because your HDD is messed up, and you should probably backup everything you have on it, format and put everything back... (this should be done using a filemanager running from a USB stick)

I afraid to do that ) because i sit in prison and download games by android . 1 game 1 night. And if i broke something that will be fatal eror ))

File manager from usb hmm... that will be something like manual defragmentation ?

But i have only usb stick 32gb where i shoud copy all my files? Because on hdd i have about 500gb

You can't unless you have another drive to fit all the games.If the games play ok then you don't need cover flow since games can be started using file manager,not sure if god games can be started that way it's been a while since i tried when i was mucking around to see what worked & what didn't

All games works normal. And now I see all covers.Yesterday i download all covers and all is super. Cover view in aurora is better than fsd. Only problem is with retro-arch I like some neo geo games but all times i have problems with rom's load. But all other works normal. And i think , now i dont dont need that format fix )))

Excellant nothing pisses me off more when shit don't work..lol..

I was under the impression emulators on the 360 were buggy as.You'd be better off getting an original xbox ,put a chip or softmod on it & run coin-ops 6 (4000+ games it's about 60gb in size if i recall includes all the roms),it's pretty freaky,some of those side scrolling games when going right then moving left reverses the buttons so instead of X button being punch it becomes jump..ffs...lol.