RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vurushi

Fan Speed

Hello! My xbox 360 reaches to 80 degrees celsius in less than 25 minutes and i don't want to turn off my xbox everytime when it reaches high temperatures. I tried to increase the fan speed only 30 seconds at 65% and it cooled very fast.

Is a risk to keep the fan speed increased always or for more time (like 1 hour) ? 

What is the maximum temperature supported for a Corona 4G ?

Hello! My xbox 360 reaches to 80 degrees celsius in less than 25 minutes and i don't want to turn off my xbox everytime when it reaches high temperatures. I tried to increase the fan speed only 30 seconds at 65% and it cooled very fast.

Is a risk to keep the fan speed increased always or for more time (like 1 hour) ? 

What is the maximum temperature supported for a Corona 4G ?

the risk is the same on any fan.. the higher you have it going, the less life the fan will have, as the motor is rated only so many hours of operation.. 

but you have 2 options.. set the temps in dashlaunch, and leave the fan on auto.. or set the fan speed and not worry about target temps..

i personally have my silm fan running at 70%, but i have a few spare fans floating around.. and you can find slim fans for $20.. 

while people like swizzy recommend just setting target temps.. it really is personal preference..

the risk is the same on any fan.. the higher you have it going, the less life the fan will have, as the motor is rated only so many hours of operation.. 

but you have 2 options.. set the temps in dashlaunch, and leave the fan on auto.. or set the fan speed and not worry about target temps..

i personally have my silm fan running at 70%, but i have a few spare fans floating around.. and you can find slim fans for $20.. 

while people like swizzy recommend just setting target temps.. it really is personal preference..

In searched for Xbox Fans but i have not found in my countr !

So if i keep my fan speed at 70% my xbox will  make something like RROD ?

In searched for Xbox Fans but i have not found in my countr !

So if i keep my fan speed at 70% my xbox will  make something like RROD ?

red-ring of death will happen when your box gets hot.. (other reasons are there also)

but running the fan at 70% will keep it cooler.. as mine stays @ 50º.. 

and for fans.. you can get from Amazon.com, http://www.lightinthebox.com/cooling-fan-for-xbox-360-slim-black_p2701810.html, or anywhere.. you don't have to look from a specific "modding" store..

lots of online places ship worldwide..

red-ring of death will happen when your box gets hot.. (other reasons are there also)

but running the fan at 70% will keep it cooler.. as mine stays @ 50º.. 

and for fans.. you can get from Amazon.com, http://www.lightinthebox.com/cooling-fan-for-xbox-360-slim-black_p2701810.html, or anywhere.. you don't have to look from a specific "modding" store..

lots of online places ship worldwide..

So nothing will happen if i play with fan speed at 70% .

I think the shipping fee is bigger than the cooler price, i live in europe .

How much degrees can support a Corona? I never played over 81 degrees.

So nothing will happen if i play with fan speed at 70% .

I think the shipping fee is bigger than the cooler price, i live in europe .

How much degrees can support a Corona? I never played over 81 degrees.

i don't know the temps under load.. but Swizzy said something like 80º might be it.. but no nothing else besides the fan burning out.. as the fan speeds up to keep it cool.. there are plenty of shops in EU.. that will sell the fan.. you just have to search.. as i dont personally live in EU.. but buy stuff from EU alot..

The main reason i don't recommend setting a static fanspeed is that the console may end up not boosting the fans when it needs it (unless it overheats in which case it shuts off the console and sets the fans to 100% always) which is a bad thing, setting target temps will make the console adjust the fans to try and keep those temperatures

There is no information as to exactly when the processor starts taking damage from the heat, but... consider the fact that it's a AMD processor in there, check what they normally specify for their processors, and assume it's something similar and you should be good... 80+ Degree's on a corona is just crazy, i would check the thermal paste on that machine if i were you, as they normally only run at around 70-75~