RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jeffmangum

Is it better to have an internal drive on your jtag 360?

The new releases of games nowadays are multi disc making it a pain in the ass to install on jtag esp when u have a 4gb xbox. Would buying an xbox internal drive be easier to install multi disc games?

The new releases of games nowadays are multi disc making it a pain in the ass to install on jtag esp when u have a 4gb xbox. Would buying an xbox internal drive be easier to install multi disc games?

all depends on your kernel.. if you have 17349, externals work just like internals without the "32gb limit" USB's use to have...

if you dont want to update, get an internal hdd with the case that's roughly $5.. 

all depends on your kernel.. if you have 17349, externals work just like internals without the "32gb limit" USB's use to have...

if you dont want to update, get an internal hdd with the case that's roughly $5.. 

I dont think im on the latest kernel. im on the one before the latest. I can play multi disc games with just my external hdd. like alien isolation and gta v.. 

But i wanna play Hardline.. and they say i cant play it without an internal hard drive.. so it got me thinking to just buy one... but will it be easier then? i dont wanna spend and have the same frustation when installing multi disc.

It's slightly less easy depending on how you see it, if you FTP over the content to your internal HDD or copy it using a filemanager, it's fairly easy...

If you on the other hand want to mess with software on your computer instead you'll likely end up with more headaches then it's worth...

The data goes to the same place no matter what device you store it on, some games require the internal mainly because of the performance difference, an internal HDD is going to work slightly faster then an external one as you're going directly from SATA to the southbridge rather then SATA -> USB -> Southbridge

It's slightly less easy depending on how you see it, if you FTP over the content to your internal HDD or copy it using a filemanager, it's fairly easy...

If you on the other hand want to mess with software on your computer instead you'll likely end up with more headaches then it's worth...

The data goes to the same place no matter what device you store it on, some games require the internal mainly because of the performance difference, an internal HDD is going to work slightly faster then an external one as you're going directly from SATA to the southbridge rather then SATA -> USB -> Southbridge

Ok i dont get it. So it works just like the USBMU trick of external HDD? Why do some multidisc games cant be played without internal? I mean gta v and alien worked with just transferring the disc 1 on the USBMU partition of the external hdd..

Ok i dont get it. So it works just like the USBMU trick of external HDD? Why do some multidisc games cant be played without internal? I mean gta v and alien worked with just transferring the disc 1 on the USBMU partition of the external hdd..

I just explained it, and you're asking me why? i just f*ing told you!

Some games tell the system to NOT use any other device then HDD, perhaps they even manually load the data (not sure as i don't work in a game studio) Basically, performance is important for some developers, so they block loading the data from any other device then the internal HDD... because of the performance difference...

I just explained it, and you're asking me why? i just f*ing told you!

Some games tell the system to NOT use any other device then HDD, perhaps they even manually load the data (not sure as i don't work in a game studio) Basically, performance is important for some developers, so they block loading the data from any other device then the internal HDD... because of the performance difference...

So is that is that a yes or a no? besides the performance, what else is the difference? so does Hardline actually require an internal HDD? and its impossible to play with just an external?

So is that is that a yes or a no? besides the performance, what else is the difference? so does Hardline actually require an internal HDD? and its impossible to play with just an external?

Honestly, i don't know every single games requirements, you've got an external right now don't you? why don't you just try it??

It is possible that some games don't support it, because they coded it that way, there's nothing you can do about developers forcing a certain behaviour... i mean, you could reverse the game and patch it to work, but... that's going to be more work then it's worth...

Honestly, i don't know every single games requirements, you've got an external right now don't you? why don't you just try it??

It is possible that some games don't support it, because they coded it that way, there's nothing you can do about developers forcing a certain behaviour... i mean, you could reverse the game and patch it to work, but... that's going to be more work then it's worth...

i would think the new dashboard would make using externals for any game work.. as that feature wasn't added til the new dash.. i DO know some games wont work "extracted" on USB as there is a media limit.. which can be take off with XexTool.. but that might impact the whole TU thing.. 

i would think the new dashboard would make using externals for any game work.. as that feature wasn't added til the new dash.. i DO know some games wont work "extracted" on USB as there is a media limit.. which can be take off with XexTool.. but that might impact the whole TU thing..

Yes, older games don't have this limitation because it didn't make sense to make it back then... 64-512MB memory isn't going to be enough to store it anyways...

But, the newer games may actually check the path it's running from, or load things like we do in Aurora...