RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
DGenerateKane

Easiest/Quickest way to let Aurora know the default.xex info has changed??

I like to use trainers a lot when playing games on my console. Unfortunately sometimes trainers are made for either a different Media ID or even once in awhile a different Title ID than what I have. When that happens, I try and track down the correct default.xex for the trainer. However, when I transfer the new default.xex to the game folder, Aurora doesn't realize there is a new Media ID and/or Title ID so the trainer won't show up in Aurora. What is the easiest/quickest way to do make Aurora realize there has been a change? Is there an easy way to remove the game from Aurora without deleting the game folder so I can just rescan the path? Just rescanning does nothing.

• Like 1

I like to use trainers a lot when playing games on my console. Unfortunately sometimes trainers are made for either a different Media ID or even once in awhile a different Title ID than what I have. When that happens, I try and track down the correct default.xex for the trainer. However, when I transfer the new default.xex to the game folder, Aurora doesn't realize there is a new Media ID and/or Title ID so the trainer won't show up in Aurora. What is the easiest/quickest way to do make Aurora realize there has been a change? Is there an easy way to remove the game from Aurora without deleting the game folder so I can just rescan the path? Just rescanning does nothing.

Well.. one way would be to just delete the scan path, then re-scan it again.. (would take a bit to download new covers and such)

easiest way would be to get the trainers for your MediaID.. or make em yourself..

Move the game to a different folder or rename the folder with file manger then delete the game in aurora, then put the game back and rescan

Sent from the race car behind ricky bobby.

You could make a request for a "Refresh Info" feature, which basically rescans the entire scanpath, each XEX etc. to update the information but leaving the covers etc. alone...

Move the game to a different folder or rename the folder with file manger then delete the game in aurora, then put the game back and rescan

Sent from the race car behind ricky bobby.

That's what I'vce been doing, was hoping I was missing an easier way.

You could make a request for a "Refresh Info" feature, which basically rescans the entire scanpath, each XEX etc. to update the information but leaving the covers etc. alone...

I'll see about making that request.