RealModScene
b3nz

b3nz thread for his random newbie questions.

Hello, community. First of all, I gotta say big thanks for this dashboard - it's really nice and useful! At first I thought should I really update to Aurora from FSD, but now it's clear I didn't regret it. Anyway, I have a few questions for you.

-------------------------------------

1. Did I install the dashboard correctly? All I did was upload the Aurora folder (which I got after extracting Aurora 0.5b version .rar file) to root/Hdd1, then edited the root/Hdd1/launch.ini line "default" to "HDD/Aurora/Aurora.ex".

I'm asking this because the dash fine works (atleast it looks so), I've already downloaded few covers etc, but whenever I press the XBOX button on the joystick, it says "Freestyle home", not "Aurora home" like shown in some pics of the Aurora dashboard.

2. This question is about title updates. Let's asume I want to update GTA V. I connect to my xboxunity account and look for updates. There are many of them, but there is few problems:

some versions have duplicate updates, for example version 13 - one is is 83mb, other one is 69mb. Which should I install? Both? Or it depends on something?

Also, most of the games title updates starts with "Version 1" (like it should be?), but GTA V starts with "Version 2", in other words there is no Version 1 title update. Or its just different from other games and the title updates starts from Version 2?

3. Is it me only, or almost all of the games doesn't have any DLCs to download? At this moment I tried to look for Sniper Elite 3, Mafia 2, Forza Horizon 2 DLCs and every game says there's no custom content to download. Yes, I tried to refresh few times. Oh, almost forgot to say that it worked with GTA V (it shows that there are 4 files to download, every is 2gb and they're named part1, part2, part3, part4; is it okay?)

4. Did I set up (managed, lol) the game paths correctly? As it didn't convert from the FSD. I did these: HDD1/Games and HDD1/Content/000000000. All the games are being shown, but I don't have a chance ATM to test if every of them works.

5. This may be not in the correct section of the forums, but forgive me. :D I don't want to create another topic.

Am I correct that in order to use Aurora or any other dash like FSD3, you have to first instal XexMenu, then DashLaunch and then any dashboard, in this situation - Aurora, right?

If so, is it hard to update XexMenu and DashLaunch versions? Because I bought my XBOX few months ago and I don't know if everything is up to date.

These questions may be silly, but it is how it is. :D Looking for answers and tips, thank you!

• Like 1

1-http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5742-installing-properly-aurora-05b/?hl=%2Bchange+%2Bhome+%2Bbutton+%2Bfreestyle

2-unity title updates are provided by members,they don't come from xbox live.It's usual to use the latest tu not the oldest.Duplicates most likely appear due to title or media version & depending on your version of media/title ID you may or may not need it.When i see two tu's the same in aurora dl list i tick the top most one

3-DLC is copy righted

4-Yes same as fsd except i've found aurora can be 1 folder back i.e

fsd = HDD1/Games and HDD1/Content/000000000

aurora = HDD1/Games and HDD1/Content/ (press button y over 000000000 folder while in content)

5-better if someone else can answer this one

• Like 1

5. nope...u just have to download the latest version of it..xexmenu latest is 1.2 and latest for dashlaunch is 3.15 ...just  search in google and after downloading it just replace the dashlaunch folder

• Like 1

Thank you both for your replies. I wouldn't be myself if I won't have more questions. :D

There was FakeAnim 0.6b installed by the previous owner, and there is a basic (original) xbox boot anim included. If I'd like to change the animation to, for example, this, would I need to do all these calibration things?

Tried to download the HUD fix mod from the link scorpNZ has given, but the mod only works after I login into a profile. Else it shows "Freestyle home" again. Is this the way it should work?

Do I need to add root/Hdd1/360/Apps to the content scanning, I mean is it neccessary? Because I just looked back into the FSD and it was included there.There was also a Emulators path added, but I don't have any emus installed so I think it doesn't affect anything.

XexMenu is a dashboard, right? I thought it's a plugin.

1) If it runs, without any issues it's properly installed, it's perfectly normal to have "Freestyle Home" and not "Aurora Home" at this time as we're using the FSD Plugin, you can however download skins for that aswell which have the text changed to "Aurora Home"

2) The version to download depends on your version of the game, easiest way to identify it is by checking the MediaID, you're better of letting Aurora manage the TU's for you... The reason there's no Version 1 for GTA V is probably because nobody got it before they released Version 2 (or nobody shared it anyways, since all updates on Xboxunity.net are uploaded by the community)

3) DLC can't be downloaded on the xbox itself without Xbox Live, which isn't supported by JTAG/RGH (atleast not normally) the in-game menu's depend on a connection to Xbox Live... so... that's why that's not working out for you...

4) As long as it finds the games it's correctly setup, there's no settings for how to launch the game or anything like that... all of that is handled automatically ;)

5) The latest official release of XEXMenu is 1.1, 1.2 is just a modified package with more skins and a different default skin... Dashlaunch is something you install/update when you update your kernel, read the guide in my signature for more information on that...

You don't have to install XEXMenu to install FSD/Aurora or anything else for that matter, it's just a common method to doing so, XEXMenu is very useful when you are having issues with dashboards like FSD/Aurora (such as corrupt data causing it to crash on startup)

There was FakeAnim 0.6b installed by the previous owner, and there is a basic (original) xbox boot anim included. If I'd like to change the animation to, for example, this, would I need to do all these calibration things?

If it's not accurate in how it displays for you (black screen before it pops up or seems cut off or so) then yes, you need to recalibrate it...

Tried to download the HUD fix mod from the link scorpNZ has given, but the mod only works after I login into a profile. Else it shows "Freestyle home" again. Is this the way it should work?

It's probably a broken mod that isn't fully customized properly, there are different skin files for the different parts of the HUD, maybe whoever made it forgot to update the "other" one?

Do I need to add root/Hdd1/360/Apps to the content scanning, I mean is it neccessary? Because I just looked back into the FSD and it was included there.There was also a Emulators path added, but I don't have any emus installed so I think it doesn't affect anything.

You don't need any of the paths, but if you want whatever is in this folder to popup in Aurora as a game cover, then you do need to add it...

XexMenu is a dashboard, right? I thought it's a plugin.

Yes, it's a dashboard... much like FSD/Aurora, except it's much "lighter" in that it basically just have game listings of specific folders and not much more then that...

Thank you, Swizzy! So I just need to be sure that my Freestyle plugin is up to date (3.15 rev775) and also DashLaunch (mine is 3.14, I saw the newest is 3.15. Or DashLaunch is actually the Freestyle plugin ? :D)

I should rename this "a bunch of newbie questions", anyway, I think this is the last question. Are title updates associated with each other? Take the example I've given, there's no Version 1 for GTAV, so if I start installing the updates from Version2, can this cause some problems because there's no Version1 TU installed?

You don't have to worry about the Freestyle plugin, if you're using Aurora you've got the latest version of the plugin...

You shouldn't just update dashlaunch, you should update your kernel... check my signature for more information on how to do that...

You don't need the older versions of TU's for games, you only need the latest one... (it contains the fixes from all previous updates)

I see that updating Kernel is one big messy job, how can I see which version of kernel is installed? Previous owner said everything was up to date, so maybe it's not really neccessary for me.

Oh, so if there are 40 updates, I only need the last one without even installing older ones? You saved my life, man. :D Was about to install all the updates given in correct order.

I see that updating Kernel is one big messy job, how can I see which version of kernel is installed? Previous owner said everything was up to date, so maybe it's not really neccessary for me.

Oh, so if there are 40 updates, I only need the last one without even installing older ones? You saved my life, man. :D Was about to install all the updates given in correct order.

It's not that big of a messy job to update the kernel, it's relatively straightforward if you've got one of the more common machines (4GB Corona is the one that is annoying)

You can see current kernel version by checking in the Dashlaunch installer (it's also a configuration application which displays the current kernel), using Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.3b or later, or by going to NXE (Press and hold RB when you exit to dash)

My kernel is 17150, so I don't think it's worth it to update it to 17349?

That's it for now, this can be locked or you can leave it for my future dumb questions. :ninja::blushing:

Thanks everyone!

There's currently nothing that requires 17349 as far as i know...

OK, got it. But really, do I really need to install only the last update if I have a base game without a single title update installed, as you said? I just read that all GTA V updates takes more than 2GB on PS3, almost the same size my friend told me.

OK, got it. But really, do I really need to install only the last update if I have a base game without a single title update installed, as you said? I just read that all GTA V updates takes more than 2GB on PS3, almost the same size my friend told me.

Yes, the system only load the latest one anyways...

Maybe the PS3 version had more bugs in it? ;) (Or the PS3 game update system is not as good as the Xbox 360 one which does patching of the data rather then replacing entire files)

I dunno either, but I'm asking this because when I downloaded the last GTAV title update and activated it, at first it worked out. But after few hours I tried to play GTAV again, everytime it was loading it was asking for me to login into a profile if I want to save the progress etc, even though I'm 100% sure I was logged in (Profile1, HDD). Tried to reboot etc, didn't work until I deactivated the update. :/

I dunno either, but I'm asking this because when I downloaded the last GTAV title update and activated it, at first it worked out. But after few hours I tried to play GTAV again, everytime it was loading it was asking for me to login into a profile if I want to save the progress etc, even though I'm 100% sure I was logged in (Profile1, HDD). Tried to reboot etc, didn't work until I deactivated the update. :/

This is a known bug... make sure your consoles date & time is set correctly and it'll work :)

Is it just enough to setup the time manually, or you need to connect the xbox to the internet to let the Dashboard setup the time? 'Cause right now I don't have a router, so I can't keep the Xbox connected to the Internet all the time. :/

How do I change the icons downloaded from this forum? For example, these. I uploaded them to the right folder, but how do I activate them? Read the whole thread, found nothing. :\

By the way, what is the purpose of livestrong in the launch.ini? From what I have read, it should be set to false most of the time. :D

How do I change the icons downloaded from this forum? For example, these. I uploaded them to the right folder, but how do I activate them? Read the whole thread, found nothing. :\

By the way, what is the purpose of livestrong in the launch.ini? From what I have read, it should be set to false most of the time. :D

Livestrong is meant for paranoid people mostly, basically it blocks ALL known microsoft communications on the console, it really only need to be disabled when downloading game info in Aurora/FSD

Those icons are used for Quick Views, once you've placed them where it says to install them, you go to the quick view editor select the quick view you want to edit (or create a new one), select Icon and from there you press the button to enter "Additional icons" (should be Y if memory serves me right) then you should see the icons you've installed along with a bunch of others

So as my XBOX is connected to the Internet only when I need to download a cover or a title update, it should stay enabled. Okay, thank you once again.

It's possible to create a F.A.Q of this thread only. :unsure: I should consider doing this. :baby:

Where can I edit the Dashlaunch, as there is no fan control, so my temperatures would drop atleast a little? It's 35C here and it won't drop soon. Playing high-end games like GTAV and others for even 30 minutes sets CPU temperature to mid 70s. I'm a little bit afraid, lol. :c

Download dashlaunch from the forums here (you have to search, if you can't find it, go find someone that can read) then just run the Installer (it's in the installer folder) this will act as a configuration application aswell...

I mean I already have Dashlaunch installed, version 3.1.4. Or do I need to re-install it to make some configuration changes. :?

I mean I already have Dashlaunch installed, version 3.1.4. Or do I need to re-install it to make some configuration changes. :?

You have 3.14 not 3.1.4 ;) and you don't need to install 3.15 to use the 3.15 installer as a configurator... you can also download the 3.14 installer and use that if you prefer ;)