RealModScene
Johnny78

Proplem with freestyle plugins

I have a proplem with my freestyle plugins. i load it in aurora. and i set as default in dashlaunch. and it work but the systemlink and file browser buttons not working . plz help me i searched for a long time but no answer.  :unsure:  :unsure:

• Like 1

i have a similar problem concerning my HUD file browser. when i use fsd's plugin, it works, but once i switch over to aurora and load its version of the plugin, it stops working. like, once i open the file browser, i cant scroll it, and the icons all turn white. but it's not frozen at all. just not working.

That's wierd, can you doublecheck that all files are there?

forgot to mention, i downloaded some files to change "freestyle home" to "aurora home" and it worked. but that also rendered the file manager unusable. i'm talking about the one that appears when you push the guide button not the one in aurora. not a dealbreaker really but i do miss its convenience.

edit- i downloaded the said files here.

Ok, can you tell me which ones you used? perhaps speak to whoever posted them and ask for help? as it's clearly something that got messed up there...

i used this one for the icons:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5360-aurora-plugin-patches/

and this one:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2184

for the game info. i'm gonna try copying fsd's plugin to aurora later, just for the sake of trying cause some games hate fsd's plugin (diablo 3 for instance). 

I know my patches dont effect the file browser in any way, and neither does begals. I would be looking at the file browsers xur file, as each tab, link, and filebrowser are seperated into individual files, all that can be modified if wanted. I also tested my patches with the help of felida thoroughly before releasing them to the public. So I know the problem isnt there. Good luck though.

• Like 1

is there a way to reset aurora's data (back to square one so to speak) without deleting my assets? if not, then what folders do i need to copy and save so i don't have to redownload my assets if i want to do a fresh install?

It'd be alot of work to get it back to square one and still keep the assets...

they're stored by Database ID amd TitleID, and that is where you have all of your information

You'll find all assets in a subfolder of Data\

so that's the "Data" folder right? then all i need to do is delete and install again? or are there anymore steps to take?

This will reset all settings in Aurora, if you've replaced something such as scripts, you'll have to restore them if you want to be back on square one :p

no scripts. alright gonna get to it then. by the way i thought that it was just in the file manager where i can't scroll, turns out i can't scroll either when choosing a game room in link.

i fixed it! you see, prior to installing the two things i mentioned, i also tried begal's (the one with the banner on top) but the banner gets cut off and i found the temp numbers too light green, would have preffered the 360's green. so i exchanged that with the other two. that's where the problem started (i was reminded by gavin's post.)

so what i did is modified begal's a little. thanks for the tuts here! although the part about xuitool i found here, the one pinned, is a bit vague. then i recopied that and voila, it worked!