RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Milandemendi

installing properly aurora 0.5b

Hey everybody! So i watched a few vids about how to install aurora, and according to those vids i have done everything. I copied the aurora file to hdd then with dashlauch i set the default option to aurora.xex in paths and then RB and save it to HDD but whenever i try to start my xbox with my controller it automatically loads fsd3 and when just touching the start button on the xbox then it will load aurora. Is there a way to set controller home button to aurora when starting? And the other thing is when for example aurora is on and i press the home buttom on the controller it takes me to the xbox guide menu and then i press the first option saying:freestyle home ( i used to exit games and get to fsd this way) and unfortunately it loads fsd3. Is there a way to change it to aurora too? Thanks in advance and sorry for the noobish questions:d

• Like 2

Remove the "Guide" option in Dashlaunch and it'll work as you want it to :)

If you launched Aurora first, that option should go to Aurora and not FSD (even tho it says FSD) if you want it to say Aurora instead of FSD, just replace the skin for the plugin :)

If you launched Aurora first, that option should go to Aurora and not FSD (even tho it says FSD) if you want it to say Aurora instead of FSD, just replace the skin for the plugin :)

am sry to bump this thread but it seems i have the same problem..i have deleted FSD3 folder and put the aurora 0.5b folder on hdd1

went to dashlaunch and set default to : HDD1 / aurora 0.5b / aurora.xex . and i always turn on my xbox with the controller guide button

then the strange thing happens

whenever i turn on my xbox360 with my 2 1tb Hdd's Connected it boots to nxe dashboard and whatever i do i can't boot to aurora at all

the solution is to turn off the console , unplug my 2 external HDD's from xbox , boot xbox normally from xbox 360 guide controller

then it boots to aurora as normal

so why this problem occurs? i never had this problem before with fsd3 . it only appeared after aurora

my paths configuration in dashlaunch are all set to none except " Default " option which ofcourse is set to aurora

so anyone help?

Note: when i press xbox guide button it tells me to go to freestyle dash home not " aurora home ". so is there a work around this problem?

thanks

Check your external devices for any "launch.ini", if you have one, that's why it's failing... otherwise i'm not sure what's going on there...

About the Aurora Home thing, check out the skins for FSD Plugin and you'll have it corrected... (or wait for NOVA)

Check your external devices for any "launch.ini", if you have one, that's why it's failing... otherwise i'm not sure what's going on there...

About the Aurora Home thing, check out the skins for FSD Plugin and you'll have it corrected... (or wait for NOVA)

am sry for asking but for 2nd point i know there's skins folder in aurora and there's .xzp file

but what is fsd plugin..i dunn have any plugins installed on my dashlaunch

Well maybe this is not the right place to ask, but let me know this!

Why aurora ?! I mean whats wrong with lovely FSD!

am sry for asking but for 2nd point i know there's skins folder in aurora and there's .xzp file

but what is fsd plugin..i dunn have any plugins installed on my dashlaunch

It's not dashlaunch plugins, it's Aurora plugins, well... it's actually just the FSD plugin... browse a little around the forums, i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for if you just put your mind to it =)

Well maybe this is not the right place to ask, but let me know this!

Why aurora ?! I mean whats wrong with lovely FSD!

Don't get me started... FSD is a mess... it looks "ok", but the workings behind it is a huge mess... and there are a ton of issues with it...

• Like 1

where is the guide option located in dashlaunch? :D

where is the guide option located in dashlaunch? :D

It should be under "Paths"

But what do u mean by fsd plugin skins??

I know fsd plugin

... and i know fsd skins (the xzp files)

I have the same problem here...can u kindly explain?? [emoji1] [emoji4]

Sent From My Galaxy Grand Prime With Tapatalk

But what do u mean by fsd plugin skins??

I know fsd plugin

... and i know fsd skins (the xzp files)

I have the same problem here...can u kindly explain?? [emoji1] [emoji4]

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5384-enjoy-aurora-get-this-custom-hud-theme-and-post-to-help-support-the-phoenix-dev-team-2-new-versions-july-4/ This thread contains some...

But i think thats a custom solution

Doesnt it have to be aurora home by default??

U mean to delete fsd plugin from aurora folder?

But i think thats a custom solution

Doesnt it have to be aurora home by default??

Nope, it's not there by default...

U mean to delete fsd plugin from aurora folder?

No, where did you get that from?

Nope, it's not there by default...

No, where did you get that from?

Yaah, i understood now ... aurora uses freestyle plugin

And dashlaunch read it as fsd

Thank u anyway [emoji4]

Yaah, i understood now ... aurora uses freestyle plugin

And dashlaunch read it as fsd

Thank u anyway [emoji4]

Dashlaunch have nothing to do with the FSD plugin...

ok, after alot of things, i had to leave FSD and move to Aurora :unsure:

so in Dashluanch i change the Default path from FSD.xex to Aurora.xex and aurora boots by default.

its silly but why pressing Xbox Guide button still shows "FreeStyle Home" menu ?!

of course when i select it, Aurora loads btw

ok, after alot of things, i had to leave FSD and move to Aurora :unsure:

so in Dashluanch i change the Default path from FSD.xex to Aurora.xex and aurora boots by default.

its silly but why pressing Xbox Guide button still shows "FreeStyle Home" menu ?!

of course when i select it, Aurora loads btw

It's because we're using the FSD plugin and it's skin... we're not using NOVA yet...

It's because we're using the FSD plugin and it's skin... we're not using NOVA yet...

So i have to wait for NOVA,

Thanks and Congrats man :thumbup:

So i have to wait for NOVA,

Thanks and Congrats man :thumbup:

Actually, you can use one of the custom HUD/FSD skins to get it to say "Aurora Home", or make your own...