RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
thesidemen123

multi disc games (dead space 2)

how do i play multi disc games? i was playing dead space 2 till one point it said insert disc 2...what should i do?? im using aurora0.5b and the game is not in GOD form....

• Like 1

There's a feature in the FSD plugin which lets it automatically switch to the next disc for you if you put them in the correct structure (i think it's like this:)

Device:\Games\Dead Space2\<Dvd1 content>

Device:\Games\Dead Space2\Disk 2\<Dvd2 content>

the first part (Device:\Games\Dead Space2\) is just an example, it can be anything

There's a feature in the FSD plugin which lets it automatically switch to the next disc for you if you put them in the correct structure (i think it's like this:)

Device:\Games\Dead Space2\<Dvd1 content>

Device:\Games\Dead Space2\Disk 2\<Dvd2 content>

the first part (Device:\Games\Dead Space2\) is just an example, it can be anything

ooh.. ok thanks! does disc swap work with plugins?

ooh.. ok thanks! does disc swap work with plugins?

What plugins?

i downloaded an .xex trainer for gta v ..i placed it as a plugin in dashlaunch and after that i receive the insert disc 2 but if i do not place anything as plugin..everything works fine

i downloaded an .xex trainer for gta v ..i placed it as a plugin in dashlaunch and after that i receive the insert disc 2 but if i do not place anything as plugin..everything works fine

1. You don't use trainers as a plugin in dashlaunch.. Lolz..

2. The staff here don't support trainers.. Ask where you got that trainer for support in using it

what i mean was i have a mod menu for gta v offline but it is in an .xex form and the instructions says install the .xex file as a plugin but after i install the plugin disc swap does not work anymore

1. You don't use trainers as a plugin in dashlaunch.. Lolz..
2. The staff here don't support trainers.. Ask where you got that trainer for support in using it

what i mean was i have a mod menu for gta v offline but it is in an .xex form and the instructions says install the .xex file as a plugin but after i install the plugin disc swap does not work anymore

Get the modded tu. As I have tested that one personally.. And works fine..

It probably stops the FSD Plugin from loading, which would be why it doesn't work...

Hello everyone,

there is something wrong with Aurora (Freestyle Plugin), if you stream games (connectx) over the network:

Read this: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5455-aurora-multidisc-support/

If it's the mod in this case i can't say, but disc swapping is generally NOT working when streaming games over the network.

With FSD 3 it works. (I hope this will be fixed, until the next release)

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

there is something wrong with Aurora (Freestyle Plugin), if you stream games (connectx) over the network:

Read this: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5455-aurora-multidisc-support/

If it's the mod in this case i can't say, but disc swapping is generally NOT working when streaming games over the network.

With FSD 3 it works. (I hope this will be fixed, until the next release)

Thanks.

well.. there isn't a 2nd play disc on GTA5(which he was complaining about the mod for).. there is an install disc, and a play disc.. no disc swapping involved..

• Like 1

Well sorry, but i wanted also reply to the 'topic' of this thread. That's why i said, that i can't say if the mod is the problem with GTA V.

And Dead Space 2 is definitely a game where disc swapping doesn't work if you stream the game over the network. (The Threadstarter doesn't exactly describe where the game comes from, that's why i answered, if he tried to stream the game)

Tested this game myself. Doesn't work with aurora but is working with FSD 3 on the same system.

Well sorry, but i wanted also reply to the 'topic' of this thread. That's why i said, that i can't say if the mod is the problem with GTA V.

And Dead Space 2 is definitely a game where disc swapping doesn't work if you stream the game over the network. (The Threadstarter doesn't exactly describe where the game comes from, that's why i answered, if he tried to stream the game)

Tested this game myself. Doesn't work with aurora but is working with FSD 3 on the same system.

no need to be sorry.. OP changed to GTA mod issue about 4th post instead of Dead Space.. i was only replying to the mod issue.. as GTA5 isn't multiplay disc m8

It's very strange that it works in FSD but not Aurora, both use the same plugin...

Yes, i know, very strange.

I tested also Dead Space 3 and Wolfenstein - The New Order. All the same problem.

Disc swapping doesn't work with Aurora, but with FSD 3 it works.

I also copied the plugin file from FSD 3 to Aurora, but didn't help.

When playing the game from a local drive (usb), then there is no problem with Aurora, too. Disc swapping works like it should.

But not if you try to stream the game over the network with connectx???

Hi,

Then,how can we play the game with 2 disk? for example, let say Call of Duty:

1) Disk 1/content

2) Disk 2/cotent

How we name the folder for that 2 File (content) ???

Hi,

Then,how can we play the game with 2 disk? for example, let say Call of Duty:

1) Disk 1/content

2) Disk 2/cotent

How we name the folder for that 2 File (content) ???

It really depends on the game, some games have a installation disc and a play disc... i've mentioned all of this before, explaining all the details about how these games can be played depending on what type of multi-disc game it is...

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5040-multi-disc-again/#entry40471