RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
IAmTheDude

Can only use a trainer once...

Hey all,

Got a small issue with trainers Im trying to fathom out.

Just started playing around with some trainers to see what the crack is and this is whats happening:

Trainers are installed correctly, Aurora finds and runs them and they work fine. But only once.

If I turn off the console and reload the game again with the trainer all I get is a black screen/frozen and have to reboot.

This is a constant cycle.

I can launch the game fine without the trainer activated and have tried all sorts of combinations like disabling all the options and launching, launching the game without the trainer then Guide button back to Aurora then activating the trainer etc

Depending on the game, I can see the initial dev logo (say Activision) start but only a milliseconds worth before I can tell its frozen by only seeing a few pixels on the edges of the screen if that makes sense. Most games its just a black screen.

Basically I can only use a trainer on a game I've never used a trainer on before, and can only use it once. When it does work, it works as expected.

This is the same with all games. I loaded three games in a row that I've never used trainers on before. 

• Game 1 - Activated and launched - Trainers works fine
  • Guide button back to Aurora 
  • Game 2 - Activated and launched - Trainers works fine
  • Game 3 - Activated and launched - Trainers works fine
  • Turn off console
  • Turn on console
  • Game 1 - Activated and launched - Black screen/Frozen
  • Turn off console
  • Game 2 - Activated and launched - Black screen/Frozen
  • Turn off console
  • Game 3 - Activated and launched - Black screen/Frozen

I've done the usual, updated dash, dashlauch and a clean install of Aurora but no dice. I started on 0.4 and its the same on 0.5.

Hoping someone can point something out to me that I could have easily have missed?

Everything else on Aurora is working bloody marvelous though, ConnectX, Quick Views all working tickty-boo etc :)

• Like 1

Hey all,

Got a small issue with trainers Im trying to fathom out.

Just started playing around with some trainers to see what the crack is and this is whats happening:

Trainers are installed correctly, Aurora finds and runs them and they work fine. But only once.

If I turn off the console and reload the game again with the trainer all I get is a black screen/frozen and have to reboot.

This is a constant cycle.

I can launch the game fine without the trainer activated and have tried all sorts of combinations like disabling all the options and launching, launching the game without the trainer then Guide button back to Aurora then activating the trainer etc

Depending on the game, I can see the initial dev logo (say Activision) start but only a milliseconds worth before I can tell its frozen by only seeing a few pixels on the edges of the screen if that makes sense. Most games its just a black screen.

Basically I can only use a trainer on a game I've never used a trainer on before, and can only use it once. When it does work, it works as expected.

This is the same with all games. I loaded three games in a row that I've never used trainers on before. 

• Game 1 - Activated and launched - Trainers works fine
  • Game 2 - Activated and launched - Trainers works fine
  • Game 3 - Activated and launched - Trainers works fine
  • Turn off console
  • Turn on console
  • Game 1 - Activated and launched - Black screen/Frozen
  • Turn off console
  • Game 2 - Activated and launched - Black screen/Frozen
  • Turn off console
  • Game 3 - Activated and launched - Black screen/Frozen

I've done the usual, updated dash, dashlauch and a clean install of Aurora but no dice. I started on 0.4 and its the same on 0.5.

Hoping someone can point something out to me that I could have easily have missed?

Everything else on Aurora is working bloody marvelous though, ConnectX, Quick Views all working tickty-boo etc :)

are you using the aurora trainers?? as they work just fine for me and alot of other people.. or are you using the old sets of trainers??

now while this site doesn't support the trainers.. i recently started making my own just for the learning experience.. and it seems like you are using older versions.. Aurora will tell you if the trainer has been loaded for that specific game before, and ask you to reboot your box to use it.. if you are trying to load a trainer for the same game back2back..

When the trainers work they work fine so I don't think its an issue with the trainers themselves.

or are you using the old sets of trainers??

Do you mean the difference between the older .xex trainers that you would load from xexmenu or a file manager in regards to the different versions? 

I checked and read the Aurora tuts before hand and the trainers I downloaded were all for 0.3 onwards? Or is there a new set that I've overlooked?

Aurora will tell you if the trainer has been loaded for that specific game before, and ask you to reboot your box to use it

I'm intrigued with this though, I've not had any popups from Aurora when launching or configuring them.

Heres what Ive just tried on these games that I havnt loaded a trainer up on before:

Battlefield:

Grabbed this trainer and installed, shows up in the list, activated a couple of options, launched with trainer active and works fine.

Rebooted console, launched with trainer - Frozen/black screen

Rebooted console launched without trainer - Loads fine

007 Legends:

Grabbed this trainer  and installed, shows up in the list, activated a couple of options, launched with trainer active and works fine.

Rebooted console, launched with trainer - Frozen/black screen

Rebooted console launched without trainer - Loads fine

Rebooted console, tried launching Battlefield again with trainer - Frozen/black screen

Seems like it will load and work for a game that I've never used a trainer on before but after that nada!

ok.. PM me.. so we can eleminate this thread.. as trainers aint really supported here.. i'll try to help you through PMs..

Edit: also, did you disable the freestyle plugin??

also.. if you don't want my help.. you will more than likely need to go over to xyz and as them for help.. lolz

also.. if you don't want my help.. you will more than likely need to go over to xyz and as them for help.. lolz

That's probably the best place to get help with this problem, it could be anything causing it, but since it's only a problem while the trainers are active i'd assume it's something to do with the trainers themselves or the way you're transfering them or something like that

turn of fsd plug in this causes a lot of issues , were did you get trainers , if you update games then trainers dont work , dont activate cheats on aurora dash wait til in game and use start and back

Any helps appreciated mate :)

That's probably the best place to get help with this problem, it could be anything causing it, but since it's only a problem while the trainers are active i'd assume it's something to do with the trainers themselves or the way you're transfering them or something like that

No probs, I was ummin & arring were to post it, here or there tbh seeing how when they work, they work but it was the launching from Aurora that threw me.

turn of fsd plug in this causes a lot of issues , were did you get trainers , if you update games then trainers dont work , dont activate cheats on aurora dash wait til in game and use start and back

Yup FSD is turned off, trainers are Aurora specific from XYZ, matching  TU and Media ID etc. Like I say, when they work they work fine its getting the game launched with the trainer active.

I've tried with all options enabled, some enabled and none enabled, the outcome is the same.

Is there a flag somewhere in the dbs that says a game has been launched with a trainer before?

(Heres the thread Ive started on XYZ)

I hate to bump a somewhat old thread but I too am having this issue. I can run a trainer one time and everything works. After a reboot, my box just continuously restarts when a trainer is loaded. It has to be an Aurora bug. Perhaps there is a flag set somewhere like the poster above me mentioned?

As i mentioned over there, it's probably down to the console model or something since it's working for others, and it was mentioned in the thread over @ xyz that it worked on another console... so it's wierd...

Can i ask if you have found the cause for this behavior since i have a similar one?

Did someone have a similar problem that Xbox shuts down when trainer is loaded. It happens only if Aurora trainer is loaded.  The game starts but then it shuts down the console. It happens wit all trainers not just one. Aurora is latest 0.5 and fsd plugin is disabled. It happens that first time is loaded ok but then it fails and also other trainers.

When the console shuts down it's because it hit a fatal exception that wasn't handled, and dashlaunch is configured to shut the console off instead of freezing like it normally would

Is it possible that wrong launch.ini is causing this?

This is my ini:

http://pastebin.com/XdFCmypq

I am asking this because after i have deleted this ini file and then have bootet indo xbox dash and from there launched xexmenu and then aurora and after that game and it did not shutdown anymore. Because of that i assume that it is caused by launch.ini file.

Can someone pos a working ini file so i can try with that one. Oh i am using latest dash and dash launch 3.17

TNX

contpatch = true

exchandler = false

signnotice = true

xhttp = true

All of these settings may have an effect on how it works, flip them (true -> false, false -> true)

have no idea. If i use a default launch.ini in flash it works. As soon as i change default path to aurora for example on guide button it freezes when trzing to load aurora trainer. If i load the ordinary one it works. I am almost sure that there must be some bug. Can i create any dump or. log file which will help identify the problem?

So this is what i did:

So have deleted  launch.ini from disk so the default one was loaded. Then the only change i have made to the default one is that guide button launches Aurora. So if i power xbox360 with gude buton it launches aurora if i start it with power button it launches default xbox dash.

So i have come to conclusion that if i run aurora from xexmenu the trainers work. But if the aurora is run directly after boot of console (guide button in my case) trainer freezes the console.

I did another experiment (a little silly one). Have launched directly aurora (guide button), then have run xexmenu from file manager in aurora, when in xexmenu i have launched again aurora and tried to run trainer. And again it did worked.

So the freeze is only present when aurora is bootet directly after boot.

The only thing that i have not tested yet is if the location where the game is have any impact. ATM my location is games\XBOX 360 (well i have tested it and it has no impact).

P.s.:

I have Aurora installed on internal HDD if this has any impact (not on usb or. internal memory)

have no idea. If i use a default launch.ini in flash it works. As soon as i change default path to aurora for example on guide button it freezes when trzing to load aurora trainer. If i load the ordinary one it works. I am almost sure that there must be some bug. Can i create any dump or. log file which will help identify the problem?

So this is what i did:

So have deleted  launch.ini from disk so the default one was loaded. Then the only change i have made to the default one is that guide button launches Aurora. So if i power xbox360 with gude buton it launches aurora if i start it with power button it launches default xbox dash.

So i have come to conclusion that if i run aurora from xexmenu the trainers work. But if the aurora is run directly after boot of console (guide button in my case) trainer freezes the console.

I did another experiment (a little silly one). Have launched directly aurora (guide button), then have run xexmenu from file manager in aurora, when in xexmenu i have launched again aurora and tried to run trainer. And again it did worked.

So the freeze is only present when aurora is bootet directly after boot.

The only thing that i have not tested yet is if the location where the game is have any impact. ATM my location is games\XBOX 360 (well i have tested it and it has no impact).

P.s.:

I have Aurora installed on internal HDD if this has any impact (not on usb or. internal memory)

how about setting aurora as the default when you power on??

seems like it is a problem with the option of you pressing the guide button to power on..

reverting to stock dash is SUPER easy:

press guide button ANYWHERE, go to system video player, hit A.. poof back to NxE(stock) dash.. ;-) *there are other options such as system settings too

^^^ try this setting.. and see if your problem exists.. 

I tried all those settings and it is the same. I can alwys reproduce the problem. If i want to run aurora with trainer i have to for example run from aurora xexmenu and then from within xexmenu run aurora and the trainers work. aurora is my default dash so if i run trainer right after aurora boot then the t freezes.

It looks that there must be something different if aurora is run from xexmenu or. directly after boot.

I tried all those settings and it is the same. I can alwys reproduce the problem. If i want to run aurora with trainer i have to for example run from aurora xexmenu and then from within xexmenu run aurora and the trainers work. aurora is my default dash so if i run trainer right after aurora boot then the t freezes.

It looks that there must be something different if aurora is run from xexmenu or. directly after boot.

it must boil down to a personal thing here mate.. as on my RGH, RGL nand, or even on my actual DEVKIT.. aurora loads fine as defaut, as well as the trainers.. as with 100's of other people.. 

this is why i said try the other method with booting instead of with the guide button.. but yeah.. kind of stumped on my end.. lol

Well ok. Is there any debug option in aurora?

not really.. but you can get xbdm scse and use xboxwatson.. but that will require sdk (which cant be shared) 

so.. kind of limited on the options mate..

On 5/8/2016 at 9:18 AM, illiac4 said:

Same thing for me, they run fine if I run Aurora from XEX but if I boot right in the games freeze.  I do have a bootloader installed which gives me the option of booting in Xell, XEX, FSD, Original Xbox dash, or Aurora when I boot my xbox so maybe that's the issue.

I am sorry to dig this old thread but I'm having exactly the same issue as iAmTheDude mentioned at the first post. No more no less.
I was wondering if he managed to sort this out?
Also felida,if you permit me, I'd love your assistance through pm.
Thanks in advance!

PS: My Xbox is the Slim Model with 0225 drive, Trinity board.

I'm having a similar issue.

I used the same trainer set I have on my corona before it croaked and it worked fine.

With the trinity i have now, if I boot the xbox (its the same whether i boot to aurora or the default xbox stuff and start aurora from xexmenu) and start a game with the trainer, it freezes.

If boot up and start the game without trainer, it always starts fine.. I exit out, and then start with trainer and it works. It's annoying but the workaround seems ok.

45 minutes ago, pfftdives said:

I'm having a similar issue.

I used the same trainer set I have on my corona before it croaked and it worked fine.

With the trinity i have now, if I boot the xbox (its the same whether i boot to aurora or the default xbox stuff and start aurora from xexmenu) and start a game with the trainer, it freezes.

If boot up and start the game without trainer, it always starts fine.. I exit out, and then start with trainer and it works. It's annoying but the workaround seems ok.

The only way to know what the exact problem is, is have xbdm.xex or w.e, and run xbwatson before you launch the trainer.. 

Now to ask a question, were you on aurora .5b on the corona and on aurora .6b on your trinity??