RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
justalex10

X360 Tryout Tools

Hello there, I'm Alex :smiling:. I really like to have collections of games so when I'm bored I still have what to play, besides that I really like to be organized, but when using ISO2GOD or XBLA games, the directory names are very confusing. So I made a little application which for now has 2 features:

1. Title lookup - You can get game information (Game title, Game ID, Game Type - Xbox, X360 or XBLA and Game covers). This is useful when you want to find a game by it's game ID to find out what the title is, or get the game type of a game title.
  2. Directory renamer - It can rename directories in two ways: Game_ID-[Game_Title] or Game_Title-[Game_ID], example below.

Before:

post-47426-0-34106100-1436986438_thumb.png

Select the games directory:

post-47426-0-28804700-1436986439_thumb.png

The actual renaming process:

post-47426-0-94199000-1436986439_thumb.png

After:

post-47426-0-45491600-1436986440_thumb.png

I haven't found any major bugs yet, but I recommend that you make a backup before using the directory renamer.

Known bugs:

• The directory renamer doesn't rename every game sometimes because it can't access the server fast enough. To solve this issue, after the rename is finished, start the process again on the same directory, do this until you think you're done.

If you find any bugs, have any ideas or oppinions, I will be glad to hear them in the comments. Have a great day! :thumbup:

Download the application (.NET Framework 4.5 required):

X360 Tryout Tools.zip

• Like 4

@frayed - Nice, I haven't heard of it, still my application is more simpler, and rename's more directories at a time automatically, but still, thank's for the tip.

@frayed - Nice, I haven't heard of it, still my application is more simpler, and rename's more directories at a time automatically, but still, thank's for the tip.

360 content manager separates everything into xbla/games/dlc... you can even unlock/patch with xuid/FTP to xbox to the correct folders..

but good work on your proggy m8.. it is sort of how Aurora displays everything in the File manager..  keep up the good work..