RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Fr0stByte

Missing descriptions in F3

Hello All,

I might be missing something really simple but I just reinstalled F3 and setup all my folders etc and re-scanned. It obtained all the box art for my 360 games but all the descriptions, game banners, genres, etc are missing.

Thanks in advance!

PS> Seems to get it for the XBLA games just not the 360 Games itself.

depending how many games you have, it may take a while to download them all, press in the right stick button and at the bottom, does it have any internet activity (ie. downloading covers)

It downloaded allot of info but now is sitting idle. Its not the end of the world but would be nice to have work just not sure if its something I setup wrong. Not sure if its because I copy the game to the HDD and not covert them to GOD format.

Where does F3 pull the information from?

Keyser!! Thanks!! You hit the nail right on the head!! That was it livestrong was enabled and blocking it! Set to false and re-scanning and now its downloading it all!!

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Ok, I am a partial NOOB but am accomplished. Maybe I am pass NOOB status.... idk. I am an engineer by trade, have done many xbox and ps/ps2 mods, have RGH2 my 360 and can follow instructions fairly well although hands on is always better for me. Anyway... problem is this. My RGH2 is working great, and my FSD2.2 was working great. Recently my "refresh artwork" stopped working. Internet still hooked up and running great because TU update just no artwork is refreshed. I have changed Livestrong = false but still nothing. Saw new FSD3 and decided to start totally fresh including my database.... WRONG move. Now I have icons, most cover art, but no screenshots. I attempt to download new cover art for "older" games such as Kinect Adrenalin Misfits but only TU update with no cover art nor screenshots. So the problem continues from FSD2.2 to FSD3. I definitely have internet and it finishes downloading after re-scan just no descriptions, nor screenshots, and some missing cover art. This is driving me crazy! I researched tons of places to see that FSD3 may have its own cover art place but with or without my JQE account attached I still get no cover art for missing cover art and no screenshots for ANY games. PLEASE... ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! Thank you in advance.

I never really paid attention to if I'm getting the screen shots. But for the ones with missing cover art ie)Adrenalin Misfits I searched jqe360 and they don't have the cover for that game anymore. You might need to enable the custom cover art options. As for the screen shots I will check mine and see if I'm getting any as well.

Ok, Update. I have resolved the FSD3 issue of cover art. I simply uninstalled and re-installed FSD3 and Dash Launch 3.05 all over, rescanned and reset paths. Kept livestrong=false and retried "refresh artwork". All covers downloaded from within M$ marketplace.... screenshots, descriptions, and all. HOWEVER.... the new issue is when using my ip address to go into FSD3 through my computer to change titles to fit my needs I find that I am missing games in both my external hdd and my xbla games in my M$ hdd. I look online using FSD3 via my IP address and I can find the games in Games List --> Hidden Games. Don't know what that is all about but I see a drop box under Content Location and I see I can move ithe games back to XBOX 360 or XBLA this way. Only, when I do and save it , it just reverts back to Hidden Games. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is this just a bug in the new FSD3? Any help will be appreciated.

it just reverts back to Hidden Games. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is this just a bug in the new FSD3? Any help will be appreciated.

I don't know if it is a bug or how to fix it but I know some alternatives that may help you.

1. Using a SQLite GUI (SQLite 2009pro is free and easy)

Open the content.db located in Data/Databases. Open the table ContentItems. The field ContentItemTabId handles the Tab. Check the table Tabs and you'll see which ID is which Tab. You can edit each game individually or through a SQL.

2. Use GaDaBaMa

Do Step1 and 2. Open manual edit form and select the tab from the ComboBox

Posted Image

Since 3.1 you can sync just the ContentItems table. So after altering the tabs hit Step4. It will ask if you would like to update your ContentItems table as your sync queue is empty. Say yes.