RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Hamad Shafqat

How to Identify RGH/JTAG

Hello Guys,

I want to know what is the proper way to find whether the console is Rgh or a Jtag? I need to update my dashboard to 17349. I am planning to setup LiNK. So update is necessary; as Swizzy told me. Therefore, it is necessary to know the hack type for the update procedure...

Available Information of Console:

• Xbox 360 E 250GB
  • MFR Date 2013-11-11
  • Console ID: 420118961552
  • Board: Corona
  • Flash: Corona
  • Type: Glitch2
  • Current Kernel: 2.0.16747.0
  • FSD rev775
  • Aurora 0.5b
  • Dashlaunch v3.15

Googled it for about 3-4 hours; no proper help aquired...

Help will much be much appreciate...

Thanx in advance!

post-43024-0-39337700-1436587525_thumb.png

• Like 1

all slim consoles are rgh2, but it might be rgh2+ the only way to know for sure is to check and see what chip is installed. or to easily update, use xebuild update server feature, which will update the console for you, and determine the hack type.

• Like 2

Hello Guys,

I want to know what is the proper way to find whether the console is Rgh or a Jtag? I need to update my dashboard to 17349. I am planning to setup LiNK. So update is necessary; as Swizzy told me. Therefore, it is necessary to know the hack type for the update procedure...

Available Information of Console:

• Xbox 360 E 250GB
  • MFR Date 2013-11-11
  • Console ID: 420118961552
  • Board: Corona
  • Flash: Corona
  • Type: Glitch2
  • Current Kernel: 2.0.16747.0
  • FSD rev775
  • Aurora 0.5b
  • Dashlaunch v3.15

Googled it for about 3-4 hours; no proper help aquired...

Help will much be much appreciate...

Thanx in advance!

attachicon.gifFile.png

lolz.. your box is DEFINITELY RGH.. not jtag.. and i assume you have the CR4 also?? 

and "Type: Glitch2" means RGH2 buddy.. now i've posted to your question in the other thread.. on how to update.. i'd say use Jrunner for it if you truely are using the Cr4.. as it is a bit easier.. otherwise with XeBuild you'd have to do this: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4798-xebuild-gui-and-cr4-magic-smc-files/

Yup, i remember the name... CR4! My console had to wait for 2 months till the release of the chip. The shopkeeper kept on telling me to wait until it arrived.

So now you have confirmed my console as RGH2

Ok, Now how should I proceed:

1) Jrunner:

I am not at all familier with this method. If it requires an extra piece of chip/hardware or soldering, i cant opt it

2) XeBuild 1.15:

I have all required files downloaded. Seems very easy; but recently several user reported problems while updating to 17349. Also Swizzy mentioned that he will take a look at the problem and maybe identify the error. Is it safe for me to opt for this option.

3) XeBuild GUI 2.096:

I have watched several tutorials on youtube for this method. The only problem in this was I didn't knew Hack Type of my console. So, I guess I should select Freeboot (RGH 2.0) from following options while creating hacked image:

Freeboot (RGH 1.x), Freeboot (RGH 2.0), Freeboot (Jtag)

Which method is the safest: which should I follow

Need your advice...

Thanx for your Help...!

Yup, i remember the name... CR4! My console had to wait for 2 months till the release of the chip. The shopkeeper kept on telling me to wait until it arrived.

So now you have confirmed my console as RGH2

Ok, Now how should I proceed:

1) Jrunner:

I am not at all familier with this method. If it requires an extra piece of chip/hardware or soldering, i cant opt it

2) XeBuild 1.15:

I have all required files downloaded. Seems very easy; but recently several user reported problems while updating to 17349. Also Swizzy mentioned that he will take a look at the problem and maybe identify the error. Is it safe for me to opt for this option.

3) XeBuild GUI 2.096:

I have watched several tutorials on youtube for this method. The only problem in this was I didn't knew Hack Type of my console. So, I guess I should select Freeboot (RGH 2.0) from following options while creating hacked image:
Freeboot (RGH 1.x), Freeboot (RGH 2.0), Freeboot (Jtag)

Which method is the safest: which should I follow
Need your advice...
Thanx for your Help...!

jrunner is easier in the fact of it has the cr4 option built in already.. nothing special to do, except tick the cr4 box lolz.. 

you don't need any extra pieces/hardware for anything.. you would use swizzy's simple 360 nand flasher(it's ran from inside the box, such as dashlaunch/aurora/fsd would, by loading the default.xex).. unless you have the r/w kit installed.. 

if you want.. PM me your nand/cpukey.. and i'll update your nand and send it back.. also include your xebuild options(aside from nointmu which should be always enabled)

also.. either way is fine(xebuild/jrunner) just in xebuild, you have to do a special SMC with it, as swizzy described here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4798-xebuild-gui-and-cr4-magic-smc-files/

Jrunner:

169pb42.jpg

as for Xebuild.. swizzy might have to give more info on it, the only time i got the "custom SMC" button to function was to use Retail build.. 

Thanx buddy,

I will run Simple Nand Flasher, backup my nand file, I think as flashdmp. Note my CPUkey from dashlaunch; right?

yeah.. or i believe simple 360 nand flasher also produces a cpukey.txt.. but yea dashlaunch will provide it also

Or use the updserv feature that is included with j-runner/xebuild/dashlaunch, and update that way. it will do it all for you..... dump the nand, create new image, flash new image, install avatar update, and reboot the console. done and it only takes 5min, no hardware required, other than a pc, and a network connection between the xbox and pc. This feature was added, so people could easily update their consoles.

• Like 1

Or use the updserv feature that is included with j-runner/xebuild/dashlaunch, and update that way. it will do it all for you..... dump the nand, create new image, flash new image, install avatar update, and reboot the console. done and it only takes 5min, no hardware required, other than a pc, and a network connection between the xbox and pc. This feature was added, so people could easily update their consoles.

well.. i've helped him figure most of it out.. he didn't know if he has the winbond, but now he knows.. the only thing that ran into an issue, was he thought he had a CR4, but in reality, he had a x360 RUN.. 

• Like 1