RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
soulwarrior

Short tutorial for those who want to use Link with a laptop and wireless connection

It's pretty simple. You need to create a network bridge between your wifi and ethernet port on the laptop.

On laptop: 1. Bridge connections (wifi + ethernet)

On Xbox: 1. Manual ip address ie 192.168.1.xxx

2. manual subnet 255.255.255.0

3. Gateway = router's ip address

4. DNS = router's ip address

On router: forward link broadcast and data ports (TCP and UDP) to the manual ip address you gave your xbox.

Done.

- soulwarrior

• Like 1

This topic should be attached to the top section of "Support" Forum ;)

And this should be included in the main Freestyle 3 and LiNK tutorial,because a lot of people have "Fail" on Data Port and Broadcast Port testing.This is because they havent added ports/or they are using 2 Network Cards way(the one of which solution you told me)

p.s Sorry for bad english

I still get "fail on testing" as well, but my current setup is a nightmare.

Arris modem @ 192.168.0.1 (DMZ to 192.168.0.2)

------

Netgear N router @ 192.168.0.2 (DMZ to 192.168.0.3) (no DHCP or Routing functions)

- - - - -

Netgear Dual Band N adapter @ 192.168.0.51

-----

PC Network Bridge @ 192.168.0.3 (this PC actually has perfect open ports using upnp and tested online, so I know this setup is capable to handle what I need it to do)

------

Belkin Router set as Access Point only (no DHCP or routing functions) (DMZ setup to 192.168.0.7)

-------

Cisco Switch

--------

Xbox 360 RGH @ 192.168.0.7

My house is 2500 sq foot, Ive got 3 360's, an ATV, 2 PC's, a home media server, and my internet connection is actually hard wired into a Garage that is seperate from the house by 40 ft, (this is why there is a wireless segment in the network line) Ive just got to figure out how to get the RGH to upnp properly THROUGH the bridged connection on the PC located at 192.168.0.3