RealModScene
Almir Canella

[AURORA] Personal organization of the games

[uPDATED 1 MORE SUGGESTION] I'm impressed with aurora, and its getting closer to the experience I have using usb loaders in Wii (there, they're perfect, usbloaderGX for example, my personal favorite) 

Well, regards that, my requests/suggestions (i didnt see one equal in the threads) :

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[sUGGESTION #1]

In the \Filter&Sort\Sort> "Select Sort Order" there a few options (title name, dev, genre, publisher, recently activity, recently add). I dont know exactly where aurora seeks these info, but It would be good if have more than one source, or have more info on the source thats aurora seeks, like:

---Year (launch data)

---Metacritic rate

---Exclusive in xbox

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[sUGGESTION #2]

There is an option on 3ds system menu to put the games on folders with the name you want. True that's harder to separate games with filters mannualy, but could be more efficient: If we could create virtual folders with the name we want, the option YEAR that I request, for example would not be necessary, i would create ten virtual folders (2005; 2006;....2015) And put each game in the respective places mannualy.

The folders would appears like wii channels, to easy access. 

[sUGGESTION #3]

Another Idea is for the ones (like me) have so much games. Its boring pass trough all of them to reach the one you want to play. The d-pad could be used in a separate way to the analog stick. D-pad would pass "pages" instead of games one by one, like, if I am in the "a" games, if i press right on the d-pad, the list go to letter "b" games, or this could be implemented personally, like a way to configure what you want the d-pad do. Integrated with the Filters, the d-pad would be a strong way to pass trough: letter "a" games to "b";  Pass xbla to kinect;  Pass 2006 to 2007 games(if implemented), etc.

[sUGGESTION #4]

An option to change the color of the dvd case (per game) must exists. The automatic setting does'nt have precision (my ghost recon future soldier appeared like a Purple color, but its not a kinect only game)

[sUGGESTION #5]

Under TU download, the d-pad could reach a option to download the cover for that disc only, and show preview of the ones on unity for you to choose). There's no option for download separate covers for separate discs of the same game (example, red dead redemption, wich have GOTY edition, which have undead nightmare, wich would be good have the proper cover for it. Same applies to Dragon age origins awekening, for example)

[sUGGESTION #6]

SaveGame Manager/backup. 

Many friends/relatives uses my xbox360, and I have many profiles in my console (20~), such as many sav files. The NXE does not provide a way to backup all saves at once, only the profiles. I have to backup them one by one, and this sucks. AFAIK there isn't a software that backups all saves at once for you (the close i get was content manager, but it does not show me the name of the save's owner). Aurora could do such a thing? One button added to the aurora's "system" could do "backup(copy or move) all saves (of the profile current loaded) to a device of your choice".

• Like 1

Suggestion 1:

What exactly are you asking here? You have those filters, the way they work is mentioned in the forum for it...: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/57-skin-development-and-lua-scripting/

More specifically this thread: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3570-the-aurora-scripting-how-to-guide/

Suggestion 2:

Not likely to happen, the filters are there for a reason, maybe there'll be "groups" coming where you can put certain games into a group and have them shown like that, but it's quite far away if it ever comes...

Suggestion 3:

Pressing the trigger button jumps a specified number of covers (3 is default if memory serves me right, this is set by the coverflow layout, you can also use the quick filter (X -> Y if memory serves me right) this will give you the ability to quickly filter games that have the specified text

Suggestion 4:

This will likely be something you'll be able to change later down the road by editing the database (it'll probably be part of how the whole WebUI thing works, meaning remove the kinect flag and it'll be the green cover)

Suggestion 5:

There is, if you go to the "Preview" part of the "Details" menu, you'll be able to go left for more options, one of which is to update the game... Other then that, there's also the Asset Editor which lets you edit your covers using your computer (giving you the ability to also browse Xboxunity for covers)

• Like 4

Suggestion 1:

What exactly are you asking here? You have those filters, the way they work is mentioned in the forum for it...:
http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/57-skin-development-and-lua-scripting/ 

More specifically this thread: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3570-the-aurora-scripting-how-to-guide/

Year of Game is the most requested, I dont know how to add, if anyone could help-me, I would be appreciated. But i dont know how to mess with the scripts, believe, I've tried, and endered up malfunctioning all the stuff.

Suggestion 2:

Not likely to happen, the filters are there for a reason, maybe there'll be "groups" coming where you can put certain games into a group and have them shown like that, but it's quite far away if it ever comes...  
Interesting

Suggestion 3:

Pressing the trigger button jumps a specified number of covers (3 is default if memory serves me right, this is set by the coverflow layout, you can also use the quick filter (X -> Y if memory serves me right) this will give you the ability to quickly filter games that have the specified text 

The fewer the buttons pressed, the better. The more the options better (Perhaps not if makes the whole stuff slow down...). But we wont gonna die for one button more to push anyways. 

Suggestion 4:

This will likely be something you'll be able to change later down the road by editing the database (it'll probably be part of how the whole WebUI thing works, meaning remove the kinect flag and it'll be the green cover) 

Interesting...If it just like that, How do i edit the database to remove the flag?

Suggestion 5:

There is, if you go to the "Preview" part of the "Details" menu, you'll be able to go left for more options, one of which is to update the game... Other then that, there's also the Asset Editor which lets you edit your covers using your computer (giving you the ability to also browse Xboxunity for covers)

In aurora there's no way to download cover for separate discs of the same game. On asset editor I can?

To download/refresh single game i got it right :), sorry for my lack of attention on that!

Thank you for the response and assist. I really have gratitude. Keep up the good work Mr.

The Asset Editor allows you to choose cover for a single item in the database, it doesn't change all of them with the same TitleID or such like Aurora normally does...

• Like 1

I've successfully edited both the database (using an SQL editor) and the coverart asset files (using the asset editor) to make some changes I was looking for. For some reason my Genesis 360 emulator was pulling SNES 360 artwork, and I also wanted Minecraft to show up in my games list, not in XBLA. 

I really like the ability to make custom changes like this. This dash rocks.

• Like 2

[sUGGESTION #6]

SaveGame Manager/backup. 

Many friends/relatives uses my xbox360, and I have many profiles in my console (20~), such as many sav files. The NXE does not provide a way to backup all saves at once, only the profiles. I have to backup them one by one, and this sucks. AFAIK there isn't a software that backups all saves at once for you (the close i get was content manager, but it does not show me the name of the save's owner). Aurora could do such a thing? One button added to the aurora's "system" could do "backup(copy or move) all saves (of the profile current loaded) to a device of your choice".

There is already a way to delete all saves for each profile (per game) in the future we might add the ability to move/copy/backup those saves...

There likely will NOT be a single button to move/copy/backup ALL saves for the current profile... but... it's a start ^ aint it?

• Like 1

I've successfully edited both the database (using an SQL editor) and the coverart asset files (using the asset editor) to make some changes I was looking for. For some reason my Genesis 360 emulator was pulling SNES 360 artwork, and I also wanted Minecraft to show up in my games list, not in XBLA. 

I really like the ability to make custom changes like this. This dash rocks.

How can I change the database? I want that too. Its hard to mess with this SQL editor? I will look for this information, thanks!

How can I change the database? I want that too. Its hard to mess with this SQL editor? I will look for this information, thanks!

For now, the only way to edit the database is by using a SQLite Database Editor, i've been working on a tool that'll make this easier, but i've had to put it aside for some real life work... (something i actually get paid for...)

• Like 1