RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Adel Lone

Dashlaunch internal memory, 4GB CORONA

hi, i recently purcahsed an rgh'd Corona. I want to install Dashlauch on the internal memory, but coronas apparently dont allow the use of the internal 4gb memory. So i have it on my usb, it boots up just fine.

I was wondering where do i save the launch.ini file? i have a 50 MB MMC. and 3.8gb internal memory. Which of these two options i choose from?

dont want to mess anything up, since everyone has warned me not to mess around with internal 4GB, as it is now my NAND.

thank you

You can use the internal memory also, but it's highly NOT recommended...

Personally i recommend putting the launch.ini file on your usb drive

will the dashlaunch still function as it should? or would i still have to boot it through xex to switch it on?

Once you install dashlaunch it's loaded from the NAND, not from your MU or whatever...

You're probably thinking of the config tool (a.k.a. installer)?

Once you install dashlaunch it's loaded from the NAND, not from your MU or whatever...

You're probably thinking of the config tool (a.k.a. installer)?

oh so dashlaunch is aleady installed on my nand then? since it runs normally. So where do i save the launch.ini in, MMC or NAND?

Either, but I would go with the mmc, or better yet a hdd of some sort.

are you sure R/W on mmc or NAND is a smart decision onthe Corona? iam planning on getting the internal HDD soon

are you sure R/W on mmc or NAND is a smart decision onthe Corona? iam planning on getting the internal HDD soon

I recommend putting it on the HDD then, it's not a good idea to use the mmc device at all, and you don't actually have a "NAND", you have "Flash" which is the system region of the MMC...

I recommend putting it on the HDD then, it's not a good idea to use the mmc device at all, and you don't actually have a "NAND", you have "Flash" which is the system region of the MMC...

Moved launch.ini to my external HDD, and everything works fine. Thanks

BTW, help? http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5633-internal-4gb-corona-memory-unformatted-rgh/

i think it is a bit old but I dont understand why it is not recommended to save the launch.ini to the internal memory. I had way less RGH failures when it was saved there. When I used the HDD as default, if I turned off the console with a USB drive and then turned on the console with this drive disconnected it would always fail to glitch requiring to disconnect the console from the wall (on mine it would severely slowdown the console, on my boyfriend console it just doesnt show any picture) and turning on again to properly start, sometimes it would fail for no reason. With the launch.ini on internalmu it works all the time.

If you keep the usb drive always connected it would work fine as well, but I didnt want to do this, my objective with the console is to have everything on the hard drive without devices aside from the kinect attached. I just use a usb drive to transfer games.

I think this can happen because some hard drives, especially without the security sectors, can take slightly more time to mount when there is a need to refresh mounted devices compared to the last boot time and it has to find launch.ini as well.

I understand not using internal mu for other things, especially because it is small and to avoid nand wear, but since it is only used to load launch.ini and not save anything else I dont understand why it cant be used. I understand avoiding using internalmu to save Aurora or Freestyle for example because they have to save the game database over time and it can create nand wear with this.