RealModScene
vurushi

"An unhandled exception has thrown"

I have again E71 on my 360. My HDD is connected to my PC with SATA cables. I tried to delete the corrupt file with PARTY BUFFALO , but it says "An unhandled exception has thrown". Help please.

• Like 1

I have again E71 on my 360. My HDD is connected to my PC with SATA cables. I tried to delete the corrupt file with PARTY BUFFALO , but it says "An unhandled exception has thrown". Help please.

What is the exception message?

4 things..

1. that xbdm.xex.. is the wrong one obviously.. as it is probably the jtag one.. you should find the one that is 52KB.. SCSE version..

2. you didn't provide the details in the picture.. as the drop down arrow provides you with the details(or the "copy details to clipboard" button)

3. use something else besides "party buffalo".. usbxtaf, fatxplorer work.. as it is part buffalo throwing the error.. 

4. if you plug in a USB with a default "launch.ini", dashlaunch will boot that one, vs the one on the HDD.. and you can delete the file that way.. 

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I would imagine starting with a right click and selecting delete.

Quoted from their website... The right-click Delete button allows you to delete old or unused content items to free up space. The Xbox 360 dashboard doesn’t list some content, so you can get rid of specific cache or hidden game items as well!

http://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/information/

• Like 2

how to delete the file with fatxplorer? i need full version?

go the easiest route man, put a default launch.ini on a USB drive, and then you'll have access to your xbox/HDD easily without extra programs..

as you loaded the xbdm as a plugin with dashlaunch right?? the launch.ini wont have this set, therefor will boot normal ;-)

or go here:

http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/apps-pc/4046-usbxtaf-xbox-360-usb-storage-explorer-xplorer-usbxtaf-v44-download.html

use USBxtaf instead ;-)

I would imagine starting with a right click and selecting delete.

Quoted from their website... The right-click Delete button allows you to delete old or unused content items to free up space. The Xbox 360 dashboard doesn’t list some content, so you can get rid of specific cache or hidden game items as well!

http://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/information/

no, but xexmenu does, and the file managers(aurora/FSD).. of course i have xexmenu live so it shows up in the NXE/Metro/stock dash as a demo :thumbup:

fail-safe = YES!! hahaha

no, but xexmenu does, and the file managers(aurora/FSD).. of course i have xexmenu live so it shows up in the NXE/Metro/stock dash as a demo  :thumbup:

fail-safe = YES!! hahaha

haha, yes xexmenu or even dashlaunch file explorer should work. I never put my xexmenu in my internal drive so got confused after I reflashed once and DL ini file was missing. Couldn't figure out why my xexmenu didn't show up in NXE. Thought my whole RGH install tanked on me, then I figured out when I flashed, DL ini didn't get put in flash partition. Added it to external drive as a backup location lmao. 

haha, yes xexmenu or even dashlaunch file explorer should work. I never put my xexmenu in my internal drive so got confused after I reflashed once and DL ini file was missing. Couldn't figure out why my xexmenu didn't show up in NXE. Thought my whole RGH install tanked on me, then I figured out when I flashed, DL ini didn't get put in flash partition. Added it to external drive as a backup location lmao.

I'd recommend putting "Xexmenu Live" on your rgh hdd, just in case.. Shit gets lost from time to time.. ;-)
  • Like 1

I'd recommend putting "Xexmenu Live" on your rgh hdd, just in case.. Shit gets lost from time to time.. ;-)

Yeah, maybe. The guy who RGH'd my box put it there, but in the spirit of keeping retail side "clean" on my dual nand setup, I moved it to my homebrew folder in ext. hdd

Yeah, maybe. The guy who RGH'd my box put it there, but in the spirit of keeping retail side "clean" on my dual nand setup, I moved it to my homebrew folder in ext. hdd

for that instance, i'd recommend 2 hdd's.. a retail one, and a RGH one.. or just update to 17347 and use the external as a complete RGH hdd.. as it can go into the "content folder" and be recognized in NXE.. with no issue ;-)

for that instance, i'd recommend 2 hdd's.. a retail one, and a RGH one.. or just update to 17347 and use the external as a complete RGH hdd.. as it can go into the "content folder" and be recognized in NXE.. with no issue ;-)

Second option is what I lean towards. Swapping internal hdd's is problematic on Team Ninja games that corrupt the saves if you remove hdd. Not sure if the 360 still does that on back compat xbox games or not, but original xboxes do.

Second option is what I lean towards. Swapping internal hdd's is problematic on Team Ninja games that corrupt the saves if you remove hdd. Not sure if the 360 still does that on back compat xbox games or not, but original xboxes do.

i honestly don't think so.. as the 360 has the whole USBMU partition, for gamesaves/profiles to be swapped to another xbox on-the-fly.. the OG xbox.. i don't think this feature was added.. so there's where that issue would lie.. only with the OG xbox i believe..

as ALL official xbox HDDs for 360 have the OG xb emu partition already built in.. so "hotswapping" shouldn't cause issues.. as it was intended for it..

i honestly don't think so.. as the 360 has the whole USBMU partition, for gamesaves/profiles to be swapped to another xbox on-the-fly.. the OG xbox.. i don't think this feature was added.. so there's where that issue would lie.. only with the OG box i believe..

Doesn't work with Ninja Gaiden Black. Simply removing the hdd will make the save unplayable. May be the only game EVER that does it, but something to consider. 

Doesn't work with Ninja Gaiden Black. Simply removing the hdd will make the save unplayable. May be the only game EVER that does it, but something to consider. 

well i'll have to get it and test it.. lolz.. but with a slim xb.. just save the game to the internal memory ;-) and swap hdd's no problem

Edit: i spoke to soon, i don't think that the saves can go there?? lolz unless i'm wrong.. but i am getting the game and will test

well i'll have to get it and test it.. lolz.. but with a slim xb.. just save the game to the internal memory ;-) and swap hdd's no problem

Yeah give 'er a spin. Team ninja did some serious crap to stop people from modifying any of their games. Shut down a whole website devoted to hacking their games, and sued the crap out of them/sent them to jail. To this day, i don't even think you can copy/move any of their saves. 

I think it was called ninjahacker.net... I think they settled out of court and the judge dropped it without any explanation. Site was shut down and files disappeared. It may have been Tecmo more than TN

Yeah give 'er a spin. Team ninja did some serious crap to stop people from modifying any of their games. Shut down a whole website devoted to hacking their games, and sued the crap out of them/sent them to jail. To this day, i don't even think you can copy/move any of their saves. 

I think it was called ninja hacks or something.

yeah.. only game to do it.. but this was set up with the OG xb in mind.. before 360/removable hdds were in play?? lolz.. but yeah.. i can see the urge to stop save modding.. 

glad we have trainers for 360's hahahaha

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/928401-ninja-gaiden-black/saves

apparently pro action replay had the "bypass" for it huh?? lolz 

but yeah, the game was made for OG xbox.. the code wasn't re-done for swappable drives like the 360 boasted.. so there lies the problem.. 

as the 360 just has emulator files for og xbox games.. nothing re-done.. so the issue of removing the save still exists..

I cannot format the HDD with FATXplorer, USBxtaf can't see my HDD! So you say to turn on my XBOX with my HDD with a USB with launch.ini ? I will work because my HDD has Error E71.

How to get the launch.ini ?

Edited by Dobre Victoras
  • Like 1

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/928401-ninja-gaiden-black/saves

apparently pro action replay had the "bypass" for it huh?? lolz 

but yeah, the game was made for OG xbox.. the code wasn't re-done for swappable drives like the 360 boasted.. so there lies the problem.. 

Yeah, IDK what i'm saying. I even used one of those saves before and it worked. IDK, i'm going to bed lmao

• Like 1

I cannot format the HDD with FATXplorer, USBxtaf can't see my HDD! So you say to turn on my XBOX with my HDD with a USB with launch.ini ? I will work because my HDD has Error E71.

How to get the launch.ini ?

i've attached it.. just rename, and remove the ".txt" portion

launch.ini.txt

i've attached it.. just rename, and remove the ".txt" portion

Is a risk for my 360?

Is a risk for my 360?

not at all.. it is just a standard launch.ini.. as it is a TXT file.. you can read over it with notepad and see..

nothing is set, except the liveblock and stuff